Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2014 Open Wheel Racing - if it's white smoke, it's not a good sign & that's no bull!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 2014 Open Wheel Racing - if it's white smoke, it's not a good sign & that's no bu

Hamilton Dominated tonight woot!

Vettel...Ricciardo over 20 seconds ahead of him? ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha! Screw Vettel.

Nice race for Alonso as well.
    Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Comment

Re: 2014 Open Wheel Racing - if it's white smoke, it's not a good sign & that's no bu

Mecredes looks like RB of the past few years. Hamilton with a very good and controlled race. Rosberg with a very good and old fashioned race. Taking a hit on the opening corner and no telemetry for the race. Well done.

Alonso showing why he is one of the top 2-3 drivers in the field. Again taking a dog and making it look good.

I can't help but wonder if Ferrari is thinking they made a mistake with Kimi. Massa is showing better form in the Williams.

And Riccardo beating golden boy. Ha! I wonder how he likes it now that he's getting the "let him by" treatment. Hm...
      My Four Favorite teams:
      RIT and anyone who is beating Canisius
      Cornell and anyone who is beating Harvard

If tyranny and oppression come to this land, it will be in the guise of fighting a foreign enemy. - James Madison

I am not afraid of terrorism, and I want the Government to stop being afraid on my behalf. I understand that it will not be possible to stop all terrorist acts. I am not afraid!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by MattS View Post
        I can't help but wonder if Ferrari is thinking they made a mistake with Kimi. Massa is showing better form in the Williams.
        They should have kept Massa or hired Hulkenburg. Kimi's hiring was all PR. Ferd and Kimi are both on the same starting point with the engines and chassises being entirely new designs, so the fact Ferd is crushing Kimi like this is not good.

I don't like it period when teamates are told to move over and let the other by, whether it's Massa, Vettel or whoever. If you are faster, pass them. With the DRS it should be easy between teamates because the car behind has a huge advantage.
        Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
        ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
        Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
        Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
        "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
        Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

I read today that RB says Vettel's problems are because he is "damaging the tire" more than the average. Que Pirelli changing the tire spec in 3...2....1.....
          My Four Favorite teams:

If tyranny and oppression come to this land, it will be in the guise of fighting a foreign enemy. - James Madison

I am not afraid of terrorism, and I want the Government to stop being afraid on my behalf. I understand that it will not be possible to stop all terrorist acts. I am not afraid!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by MattS View Post
            I read today that RB says Vettel's problems are because he is "damaging the tire" more than the average. Que Pirelli changing the tire spec in 3...2....1.....
            I read that also. The article I read also pointed out this happened in 2013 and when the tire changed midyear, Red Bull became dominant. But, this year, that won't happen. Which means you'll see RB take the whining world championship away from Ferrari this year...
            Russell Jaslow
            [Former] SUNYAC Correspondent
            U.S. College Hockey Online

Comment

My public service announcement for the week.....

If any of you are Dave Despain fans, he has a new show (The Dave Despain Show) starting up on MAVTV. First episode is on Saturday (25th) at 8 pm. The first episode is a half hour interview with John Force. That is all the info I know.
              My Four Favorite teams:

Comment

For anyone that is interested tonight, sunday, the movie Senna is being replayed on velocity
                MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

The Indycar race was a decent watch. Once it dried out, the positions stabilized, but the wet and drying out periods were entertaining. My Penske boys better get their heads out of their butts; way too many unforced errors. Power will never win the championship. He just makes too many mistakes. I like Helio alot, but at some point his abilities are going to be too eroded to compete for the top spot, same with Montoya. Penske needs to go younger overall with the drivers.

Comment

Ayrton Senna 20th anniversary of his passing...
                    it's interesting to see some of the sports writers now making statements about Ayrton Senna to the effect he wasn't the greatest driver of all-time because he was too ruthless (i.e. he was willing to risk crashing to win a championship etc)

Jackie Stewart is in this camp (he's such a knob). Senna's blinding speed (65 pole positions etc) and the fact that he won 40% of his races at McLaren seem to be a secondary factor for these guys.

I LOVED the fact Senna would do whatever it took to win. For a while it seemed Michael Andretti drove the same way. Montoya drove that way initially in Indycar. Those are the types of drivers I respect and admire...those gathering points guys like Prost just never did for me...

anyway

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nwLEE420v20

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NhHVkfLJ3pg

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Comment

Pfft, watch the Top Gear piece on Senna with all the drivers, including Schumacher, saying Senna is the best.
                      U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
                      Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
                      I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
                      But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
                      Originally posted by Doyle Woody
                      Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

Indycar is looking at a race in LA, the state that is. Hopefully RA can get some $ and get onto the schedule.

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
                          Indycar is looking at a race in LA, the state that is. Hopefully RA can get some $ and get onto the schedule.
                          Road America has a Nationwide race. They don't need Indycar...

BTW, I'll be there next week for the vintage event. Come on out. I'm driving the pace car. Introduce yourself.
                          Russell Jaslow
                          [Former] SUNYAC Correspondent
                          U.S. College Hockey Online

Comment

Originally posted by Russell Jaslow View Post
                            Road America has a Nationwide race. They don't need Indycar...

BTW, I'll be there next week for the vintage event. Come on out. I'm driving the pace car. Introduce yourself.
                            Remember what Jim Morrison said.
                            CCT '77 & '78
                            4 kids
                            5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                            1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                            - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Indy car, I really want to like you. I have been watching since the 70s.

This racing is terrible. There may be some talent out there, but the remainders are why so few watch and so few invest. Why so sloppy?

Comment

what an atrocious race today at Indy. First 2 guys stall or eff up the start, I mean c'mon! Then there's this from racer.com "An incident-filled race was watched by a respectable crowd of approximately 21,700 fans."

21,700 is respectable? it was a ghost-town out there! How the hell is that not considered an abysmal failure?

I love Indycar racing and desperately hope for it to succeed but I just don't see how it can make a come back in the current sports climate (... and incidents aside, I mean taxicar has accidents every 15 seconds it seems and their fans don't seem to mind it, so I don't buy that as a reason for a lack of interest)

Comment

Working...
                                X