Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2014 Open Wheel Racing - if it's white smoke, it's not a good sign & that's no bull!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2014 Open Wheel Racing - if it's white smoke, it's not a good sign & that's no bu

Will Buxton is reporting Alexander Rossi is replacing Max Chilton at Spa.

Comment

• Re: 2014 Open Wheel Racing - if it's white smoke, it's not a good sign & that's no bu

Originally posted by JuveGG24 View Post
      For the weekend or just P1?

I haven't found anything official, yet.
      Russell Jaslow
      [Former] SUNYAC Correspondent
      U.S. College Hockey Online

Comment

Originally posted by JuveGG24 View Post
        Marussia confirms. "Contractural Issues" with Chilton.

I guess we'll see what Alexander has got.
        My Four Favorite teams:
        RIT and anyone who is beating Canisius
        Cornell and anyone who is beating Harvard

If tyranny and oppression come to this land, it will be in the guise of fighting a foreign enemy. - James Madison

I am not afraid of terrorism, and I want the Government to stop being afraid on my behalf. I understand that it will not be possible to stop all terrorist acts. I am not afraid!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Russell Jaslow View Post
          For the weekend or just P1?

I haven't found anything official, yet.
          Per Marussia, it's for the "weekend".
          My Four Favorite teams:

If tyranny and oppression come to this land, it will be in the guise of fighting a foreign enemy. - James Madison

I am not afraid of terrorism, and I want the Government to stop being afraid on my behalf. I understand that it will not be possible to stop all terrorist acts. I am not afraid!!!!

Comment

Assuming this is actually Marussia's real website- here's the confirmation from them- http://www.marussiaf1team.com/news/1017/

Comment

Originally posted by alfablue View Post
              Assuming this is actually Marussia's real website- here's the confirmation from them- http://www.marussiaf1team.com/news/1017/
              It's being reported on the all the F1 news sites.

So, once again, it brings up my question -- who is backing Rossi with all this money? No way he got this seat without paying for. Marussia doesn't work that way...

In any case, will be a little extra fun watching F1 this weekend.
              Russell Jaslow

Comment

Not too bad for Rossi in FP1. He beat out the Caterham's which is a good start. Although he was 1.45 sec off Bianchi's pace. But for the first time in the car I guess it could have been much worse.
                My Four Favorite teams:

Comment

And apparently Max Chilton's daddy's wallet is more flush than whomever Rossi's backers are. Marussia announces that Chilton has (bought) his seat back for the remainder of the weekend.
                  My Four Favorite teams:

Comment

I see Bernie paid his fine and is now off the hook.
                    MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

Originally posted by MattS View Post
                      And apparently Max Chilton's daddy's wallet is more flush than whomever Rossi's backers are. Marussia announces that Chilton has (bought) his seat back for the remainder of the weekend.
                      So much for taping FP2, so I can watch it when I get home...

Teams like Marussia and Caterham don't even try to avoid the reputation of being an auction seat house. Sheesh. I'm starting to lean towards Bernie's philosophy. If you can't hack it in the big boys (financial) league, then you don't belong and should leave.

A friend of mine suggested Gene Haas is the one backing Rossi on Marussia. I agree with him.
                      Russell Jaslow

Comment

Originally posted by manurespreader View Post
                        I see Bernie paid his fine and is now off the hook.
                        It was not a "fine" in the true sense. LOL......
                        Russell Jaslow

Comment

So much for taping FP2, so I can watch it when I get home...

Teams like Marussia and Caterham don't even try to avoid the reputation of being an auction seat house. Sheesh. I'm starting to lean towards Bernie's philosophy. If you can't hack it in the big boys (financial) league, then you don't belong and should leave.

A friend of mine suggested Gene Haas is the one backing Rossi on Marussia. I agree with him.
                          Yeah, I cancelled my recording of FP2. I have no interest in it now. Oh well.

I am in agreement with Bernie on this. I'm OK with drivers being paid by personal sponsors and not the teams. But I hate that drivers can buy seats outright and not even be ashamed of it. Ugh.

I didn't think of Haas backing Rossi. I'll bet you and your friend are correct.
                          My Four Favorite teams:

Comment

Spa is breathtaking to watch when it's wet. Qualifying was really amazing, and I'm watching one of the GP2 races for the weekend- man oh man that takes some touch to get around there with the car slipping and sliding as it does.

Cold- 48F.

SO happy that we didn't have that weather when we were there a few years ago.

Comment

Originally posted by alfablue View Post
                              Spa is breathtaking to watch when it's wet. Qualifying was really amazing, and I'm watching one of the GP2 races for the weekend- man oh man that takes some touch to get around there with the car slipping and sliding as it does.

Cold- 48F.

SO happy that we didn't have that weather when we were there a few years ago.
                              I so badly want to go to Spa. But I'm so concerned I'll be miserable from the weather...

I also like walking all around a track, viewing from different areas. I may need to go to the WEC 6-hour event in order to pull that off at Spa. :-)
                              Russell Jaslow

Comment

I so badly want to go to Spa. But I'm so concerned I'll be miserable from the weather...

I also like walking all around a track, viewing from different areas. I may need to go to the WEC 6-hour event in order to pull that off at Spa. :-)
                                We were prepared for rain, but got great cool and clear weather the whole weekend. There's enough time to see the whole track in the practice sessions you can see, plus all of the supporting races. Eu Rouge is the only corner that one has to see the F1 cars run. And from the correct vanage point, you can also see the come down hill on the other side of the track at the same time. Matchett mentioned a few times how the TV perspective makes it look flat, even looking hilly. It does- that section is so amazingly dramatic in person. Even moreso when you get to see all the support races, and understand how stunningly fast the F1 cars take it.

You have to go. Weather be ****ed.

Comment

Working...
                                X