This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Gear Grinding Part 5: The Story of the Broken Tooth

My world would be so much happier if everyone on the planet was required to take (and pass) a reading comprehension class.

The phrase "if it hasn't already been assigned, I will probably have time"

does NOT mean that it should be RE-ASSIGNED to me when it was already assigned to someone else. which word did you not understand? it was a one-line email. was it that hard to read it AND comprehend it? take an extra 2 seconds to think and process before you reply.

which relates to the bigger issue that people are so quick to talk and make sure they get their 2 cents in and "get heard" that they don't bother LISTENING. this really, really annoys me. I try to make an effort to listen and understand before I reply.
    Last edited by jen; 06-03-2015, 10:13 AM.

Comment

If you're going to floss at the office, clean out the sink when you're done.

Comment

• Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
        That's what the ex and I were planning. Ceremony in a park = family and 2-3 friends on each side, then a reception for about 100 people max, with a bunch of pizzas delivered and some booze. She had a photographer friend that offered her services as a present, and I had a DJ friend who did the same.
        Pretty much the same thing we did. Got married in front of a judge with about 25-30 family members and friends. Small reception at a local hotel with a DJ and cash bar. That was 21 years ago. Still going strong.
        Fly Eagles Fly!!!

Comment

Today's gear grinder: people who turn right on red without regard to whatever traffic might be bearing down on them from those who actually DO have the right-of-way.
          "Hope is a good thing; maybe the best of things."

"Beer is a sign that God loves us and wants us to be happy." -- Benjamin Franklin

"Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy, which sustained him through temporary periods of joy." -- W. B. Yeats

"People generally are most impatient with those flaws in others about which they are most ashamed of in themselves." - folk wisdom

Comment

Originally posted by FreshFish View Post
            Today's gear grinder: people who turn right on red without regard to whatever traffic might be bearing down on them from those who actually DO have the right-of-way.
            I've been pulled over for that. Cop warned me that I didn't have enough time/space to turn.
            Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
            "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
            Patreon for exclusive writing content
            Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

If you are standing in the lunch line and it's your turn to order, put down your *^#&*#@ phone and order, or step aside and let the next person go!

"Beer is a sign that God loves us and wants us to be happy." -- Benjamin Franklin

"Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy, which sustained him through temporary periods of joy." -- W. B. Yeats

"People generally are most impatient with those flaws in others about which they are most ashamed of in themselves." - folk wisdom

Comment

• Originally posted by ShirtlessBob View Post
                I've been pulled over for that. Cop warned me that I didn't have enough time/space to turn.
                If you didn't get hit by the right-of-way car you had time and space.
                PSNetwork / XBOX GamerTag: xJeris
                Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance
                NFL: CHI; MLB: MN, NYM; NHL: MN, MTL; NCAAB: MN, UNLV; NCAAF: MN, MIA; NCAAH: MN; Soccer: USA, Blackburn

Comment

I know that I can only expect so much from a 6-week-old, but newborn babies are *******s.

I have work in the morning, son!
                  If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet View Post
                    I know that I can only expect so much from a 6-week-old, but newborn babies are *******s.

I have work in the morning, son!
                    This is going to be a loooong haul son.

Comment

It's funny, since I don't remember the first mini-EoDS being this bad. But I'm now convinced that it is a trick of biology and memory since you might never want a second if you remembered accurately what the first was like.
                      If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet View Post
                        It's funny, since I don't remember the first mini-EoDS being this bad. But I'm now convinced that it is a trick of biology and memory since you might never want a second if you remembered accurately what the first was like.
                        Especially if you were the one who had to carry him around inside of you for nine months!

Comment

Working...
                        X