X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: He's dead, Jim.

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
    One of the perks of being a licensed physician is access to some of the medications. Some of the penicillin derivatives still work close to 100% effectively against syphilis. Not so with some of the other venereal infectious agents as these bugs may be smarter than we are and have developed fairly strong methods of becoming immune. Back in the 70's I could cure most cases of gonorrhea with simple antibiotic regimens and often just penicillin. 45 years later, there are some strains resistant to everything and anything we come up with, and it takes combinations of drugs in boatload dosages and in a few cases even those do not work well.
    You really know how to shoot the h*ll out of a weekend, Doc.
    2011 Poser of the Year & Pulitzer Prize winning machine gunner.

Comment

My brother who is in med school now is saying that gonorrhea is the next big superbug. Or so he's been told.

Better hope for this new antibiotic class to work its way through trials otherwise you're going to see *ahem* a round of unstoppable applause.
      Code:
      As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
      College Hockey 6       College Football 0
      BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
      Originally posted by SanTropez
      May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
      Originally posted by bigblue_dl
      I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
      Originally posted by Kepler
      When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
      He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
        My brother who is in med school now is saying that gonorrhea is the next big superbug. Or so he's been told.

Better hope for this new antibiotic class to work its way through trials otherwise you're going to see *ahem* a round of unstoppable applause.
        Mankato will be in ruins.
        the state of hockey is good

Comment

Originally posted by state of hockey View Post
          Mankato will be in ruins.
          Whatever shall Marquette do?

Comment

• Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
            Whatever shall Marquette do?
            There was some medical study in the early 2000's that determined that Blue Earth County, MN was #3 in clap per capita. For some reason I doubt it was because of Willow Creek, Mapleton, or Beauford.

Comment

Originally posted by state of hockey View Post
              There was some medical study in the early 2000's that determined that Blue Earth County, MN was #3 in clap per capita. For some reason I doubt it was because of Willow Creek, Mapleton, or Beauford.
              Vikings Training Camp, for the win.

edit: but in all seriousness, would the MSU students even count towards a per-capita stat? If they aren't permanent residents?
              Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

• Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
                Vikings Training Camp, for the win.

edit: but in all seriousness, would the MSU students even count towards a per-capita stat? If they aren't permanent residents?
                My feeling is that it was an urban legend. But who knows, The Haze was a disgusting place.

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post

It has already reached that status. As a venereal disease, it can be avoided of course with protection. But the bacteria involved can cause so many other serious problems like meningitis, septic arthritis, etc. This is really though not surprising as we have been fortunate for many years to live in the era of effective antibiotics. Bugs that used to kill have been conquered, or so we all thought. We have had a 50+ year period of rest before they have adapted and outsmarted us.
                  Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Originally posted by Old Pio View Post
                    You really know how to shoot the h*ll out of a weekend, Doc.
                    Been told that in the past a few times by a number of ladies.

Comment

Will somebody please die so we can get away from body modifications and VD!
                      CCT '77 & '78
                      4 kids
                      5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                      1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                      - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
                        Don't have a link handy, but the Marlboro Man died a couple days ago.

Here: Darrell Winfield, the real Marlboro Man, 85
                        Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
                        "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
                        Patreon for exclusive writing content
                        Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

Heh

Comment

Perhaps we could get one to die from body modification or VD?

Comment

I checked. No dice.
                              Cornell University
                              National Champion 1967, 1970
                              ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                              Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Sometimes, VD does its own body modifications.
                                What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

Working...
                                X