This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: He's dead, Jim.

Some tattoos are ok in my book. Nothing over the top. Tramp stamps have to have some serious mitigating circumstances.
    Code:
    As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
    College Hockey 6       College Football 0
    BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
    Originally posted by SanTropez
    May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
    Originally posted by bigblue_dl
    I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
    Originally posted by Kepler
    When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
    He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
      Tattoos and piercings are like smoking. They multiply whatever the prior sexual desirability was by 0. End of story. The person might still be visually interesting, even stunning, but they move out of the To Do box into some other ungendered category. They become, essentially, a corpse.
      Interesting take on all of this. i had to read it several times to appreciate it-I agree.
      Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Jethro Pugh, former Cowboy defensive lineman, 70.
        http://www.washingtonpost.com/sports...ced_story.html
        CCT '77 & '78
        4 kids
        5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
        1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
        - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
          A woman has got to have a little meat on her bones. A little swerve with the curves helps, too.
          Indeed
          Growing old is mandatory -- growing up is optional!

Comment

Yeah, I meant the emaciati. I well know that entertainment beauty is always a cheat; I just object to the current repellent standard of beauty.
            Heh. I love this one!

I think this is just our age (I agree it's a deal breaker turn-off). The ubiquity of tramp stamps and piercings for women under 40 is God's way of saying, "since you can't have them, I'll throw you a bone and help you not want them."
            Agreeing- that and need to appear prepubescent- shaving everything except facial hair (female bias). WHy is is suddenly manly to have a beard but no body hair and who the hell wants to be stabbed by a whole body 5 o'clock shadow.

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
            I think our age is a big part of it. In my case, add in the fact that I have had to also fix many of the damages that these adornments have caused. i suppose when you are 20 you never think about how this stuff will look as you age and the skin changes.
            Can't tell you how much I agree with this one! Man, if I had a penny for everyone who was never, ever going to change their mind about ink or piercings I could retire!

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
            Some tattoos are ok in my book. Nothing over the top. Tramp stamps have to have some serious mitigating circumstances.
            bilateral eye patches applied to one's own eyes? I have seen some incredibly beautiful artwork that is tattooed on. I can look at it as art but can't get by the stigma of tattoos when I was a kid.

Comment

Tattoos are very tricky. Obviously, I'm a fan of ink, but a) it has to be done well and b) placement is everything. Two different women could have the exact same tattoo in the exact same place, and one might be gorgeous with it, and the other notsomuch.
              Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
              Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by leswp1 View Post

bilateral eye patches applied to one's own eyes? I have seen some incredibly beautiful artwork that is tattooed on. I can look at it as art but can't get by the stigma of tattoos when I was a kid.
                I would have said something like an IQ of 140 and smoking hot.
                Code:
                As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                Originally posted by SanTropez
                May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                Originally posted by Kepler
                When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• Originally posted by leswp1 View Post
                  WHy is is suddenly manly to have a beard but no body hair
                  Short answer: Makes it look bigger.
                  Jordan Kawaguchi for Hobey!!
                  Originally posted by Quizmire
                  mns, this is why i love you.

Originally posted by Markt
                  MNS - forking genius.

Originally posted by asterisk hat
                  MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

Originally posted by hockeybando
                  I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

Originally posted by MinnesotaNorthStar View Post
                    Short answer: Makes it look bigger.
                    Some of us don't need the help.
                    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Going back years ago we saw some of the most beautiful ink work done by the likes of Lyle Tuttle in San Franscisco and Spider Webb in NY. Artwork indeed all done freehandwith magnificent colors and shading. But, even those look very different 25-30 years later on sagging and thinning skin that has been weathered and sunburnt. In those days we actually took many off with salabrasion (using salt to abrade the skin). But even with the most modern laser treatments, it never looks right to my eyes. And as far as piercings go, I have my own very strong feelings quickly summed up by saying if you are a guy and have an earring in your ear, you better be Mr. Bellows in The Crimson Pirate (great old Burt Lancaster flick). True beauty does not need to be enhanced and unattractiveness does not need attention called to it.

Comment

• Originally posted by leswp1 View Post
                        Heh. I love this one!

Agreeing- that and need to appear prepubescent- shaving everything except facial hair (female bias). WHy is is suddenly manly to have a beard but no body hair and who the hell wants to be stabbed by a whole body 5 o'clock shadow.
                        Are you saying you prefer a man bush to a bit of manscaping?

I'd say some maintenance is better than none no matter what gender!
                        PSNetwork / XBOX GamerTag: xJeris
                        Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance
                        NFL: CHI; MLB: MN, NYM; NHL: MN, MTL; NCAAB: MN, UNLV; NCAAF: MN, MIA; NCAAH: MN; Soccer: USA, Blackburn

Comment

Originally posted by JF_Gophers View Post
                          Are you saying you prefer a man bush to a bit of manscaping?

I'd say some maintenance is better than none no matter what gender!
                          And if you play certain sports, hockey being one, a little bit of manscaping can be necessary for some guys. Equipment can rub and tug during a game, and that's not a good rub and tug. At the risk of mixing a metaphor or something, you don't have to make things look like the 18th green, but the short rough certainly helps.
                          "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Originally posted by leswp1 View Post
                            can't get by the stigma of tattoos when I was a kid.
                            Me neither. For me, tats and cigs will always say "low income, low IQ." Piercings just say "desperate need to conform."
                            Cornell University
                            National Champion 1967, 1970
                            ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                            Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Me neither. For me, tats and cigs will always say "low income, low IQ." Piercings just say "desperate need to conform."
                              Agree strongly. The only tats that do not make me think that way are those that were put on involuntarily at that camp in Poland about 70 years ago. Piercings to me say "I want to be so different that I will do what every one else is doing." I guess it is not only my age that is showing, but also my experience.

Comment

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
                                Piercings to me say "I want to be so different that I will do what every one else is doing."
                                Indeed.

A friend of mine has a great story about this. He was working checkout at the UConn bookstore and three consecutive students were wearing those pins that say "why be normal?"
                                Last edited by Kepler; 01-13-2015, 02:11 PM.
                                Cornell University
                                National Champion 1967, 1970
                                ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                                Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Working...
                                X