Clear All

• Re: He's dead, Jim.

Roy Tarpley, 50.
    FERRIS STATE UNIVERSITY: 2012 FROZEN FOUR

God, that was fun...

Comment

Sad
      @WTOP: La Dolce Vita icon, Anita Ekberg, dies at 83 http://bit.ly/1yTKrO1 http://twitter.com/WTOP/status/55424...356609/photo/1
      CCT '77 & '78
      4 kids
      5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
      1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
      - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Taylor Negron, 57, cancer.

He was one of the "That Guy" kind of actors.
        Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
        Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
          Sad
          @WTOP: La Dolce Vita icon, Anita Ekberg, dies at 83 http://bit.ly/1yTKrO1 http://twitter.com/WTOP/status/55424...356609/photo/1
          Rest in peace.
          Cornell University
          National Champion 1967, 1970
          ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
          Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
            Sad
            The Trevi fountain will never be the same. For me, growing up in her era, she was just a woman who was just a little bit more woman than the others. Look up voluptuous in the dictionary always seemed to bring up her picture. Being older than most of the posters here, my list of 'hot' celebrities or actresses is quite a bit different. But i must say she was most definitely on the list (somewhere among Hedy Lamarr, Rita Hayworth, Jane Russell, Jayne Mansfield, Mamie van Doren, and then later Brigitte Bardot).
            Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
              The Trevi fountain will never be the same. For me, growing up in her era, she was just a woman who was just a little bit more woman than the others. Look up voluptuous in the dictionary always seemed to bring up her picture. Being older than most of the posters here, my list of 'hot' celebrities or actresses is quite a bit different. But i must say she was most definitely on the list (somewhere among Hedy Lamarr, Rita Hayworth, Jane Russell, Jayne Mansfield, Mamie van Doren, and then later Brigitte Bardot).
              I'm a little younger, but can appreciate the beauty of older actresses. My love for Mae West has been out in the open.
              Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                I'm a little younger, but can appreciate the beauty of older actresses. My love for Mae West has been out in the open.
                We're all a little young for Mae.
                Cornell University
                ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
                  Look up voluptuous in the dictionary always seemed to bring up her picture. Being older than most of the posters here, my list of 'hot' celebrities or actresses is quite a bit different. But i must say she was most definitely on the list (somewhere among Hedy Lamarr, Rita Hayworth, Jane Russell, Jayne Mansfield, Mamie van Doren, and then later Brigitte Bardot).
                  I don't even particularly find her beautiful, but when I think of voluptuous Sophia Loren comes to mind as the Platonic ideal.

The insectoid women of today are nearer to repulsive than attractive. The women of that era were actually women.
                  Last edited by Kepler; 01-11-2015, 05:25 PM.
                  Cornell University

Comment

That's Hedley.
                    CCT '77 & '78
                    4 kids
                    5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                    1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                    - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Kepler, you sound like an old man, shotgun in hand, sitting on his front porch mumbling, "**** kids" under his breath.

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                        I don't even particularly find her beautiful, but when I think of voluptuous Sophia Loren comes to mind as the Platonic ideal.

The insectoid women of today are nearer to repulsive than attractive. The women of that era were actually women.
                        Perhaps this is merely a function of our ages but i could not agree more.

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post

Sophia, Ann-Margret, Lauren....yes yes and yes.

For today's women, I'm more of an Eliza Dushku, Anna Kendrick, Famke Jannsen (sp?), Dana Delaney kinda guy. For the "stick" figures, you could throw in Keri Russell.

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                            Sophia, Ann-Margret, Lauren....yes yes and yes.

For today's women, I'm more of an Eliza Dushku, Anna Kendrick, Famke Jannsen (sp?), Dana Delaney kinda guy. For the "stick" figures, you could throw in Keri Russell.
                            Brent: For the more recent crop Sophia and Ann-Margret(in the Cincinnati Kid and Carnal Knowledge era) are a definite for me. And there is just something about that Famke that hits me.

Comment

If people think the elite of yesteryear didn't cover up I give you the girdle, the push-up bra, wigs, eyelash extensions, etc. Perhaps their plastic surgeons didn't have all the same means and their fingertips, but they still had plenty.

Marilyn Monroe had an insert in her chin, Valentino had his ears done, Burt Lancaster, Marlene Dietrich, John Wayne, Rita Hayworth, Dean Martin, Lana Turner, Mary Pickford and the list goes on all had plastic surgery.

As for behavior Frank Sinatra would make Charlie Sheen blush, James Dean ran himself off the road, Liberace anyone?, Fatty Arbuckle, Charlie Chaplin, Errol Flynn, Heddy Lanar etc. all had major skeletons.

Being vapid, self-centered and narcissistic isn't remotely a characteristic limited to the Hollywood of the last 30 years, it's always been there sorry to burst your bubbles.

Comment

Sheesh, it must be 20 years ago now that I first saw the original Bye Bye Birdie, and fell deeply in lust with a very young Ann-Margret. My lord, those cheek bones.
                                What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

Working...
                                X