X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: He's dead, Jim.

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
    Working the medical tent, I got to meet virtually all the acts that were there. Have a shirt here signed by almost every one of them. Sat on the stage for a good portion of it. Had severe tinnitus for a long time after Ten Years After did their set. May actually have been totally deaf for a bit after Alvin Lee cranked out 'I'm Going Home'. It's been over 45 years and it seems like yesterday.
    Wow. Being onstage for Woodstock must have been a hard act to follow for subsequent live music performances in your life. Except for Justin Bieber.

Comment

Originally posted by state of hockey View Post
      Is he the son of the boxer/actor?

Edit: Google rules. Yes, he is.
      Knowing you, I'm actually surprised you didn't know that. Even I knew that.
      Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
      Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by burd View Post
        Wow. Being onstage for Woodstock must have been a hard act to follow for subsequent live music performances in your life. Except for Justin Bieber.
        It was long time ago so I was a bit young to understand that this was a once in my lifetime kind of thing. The striking thing to me, even then, was how friendly all the singers were. They did not mind sitting and talking with you and I got the feeling most of them(but not all) were as overwhelmed by the entire thing as I was.
        Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

• Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
          Knowing you, I'm actually surprised you didn't know that. Even I knew that.
          Yeah, it was a pretty big brain fart.
          the state of hockey is good

Comment

Former MA Senator Edward Brooke.
            CCT '77 & '78
            4 kids
            5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
            1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
            - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Stuart Scott. 49. * cancer.

Comment

Stuart Scott

http://espn.go.com/espn/story/_/id/1...or-dies-age-49
                "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

Batman. http://800whistleblower.com/batman-k...ighting-video/

Comment

OK, shoot me for this.

Stuart Scott is now as cool as the other side of the pillow.
                    What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

Originally posted by bronconick View Post
                      Just learned of this just a little bit ago since I was out teaching snowboarding this morning... This is really getting to me for some reason... Feels really weird... It's hard to see him being gone... I know that he was a huge influence on how I view sports and how my love for them has developed... He'll be truly missed
                      It's never too early to start the Pre-game festivities

Go Cats!!! GO BLACKHAWKS!

Cuck the Fubs... Let's Go WHITE SOX!!!

Wildcat Born, Wildcat Bred....

Comment

Originally posted by rufus View Post
                        OK, shoot me for this.

Stuart Scott is now as cool as the other side of the pillow.
                        I'll be waiting for your Olberman eulogy.
                        Cornell University
                        National Champion 1967, 1970
                        ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                        Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                          I'll be waiting for your Olberman eulogy.
                          That's a thing?
                          U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
                          Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
                          I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
                          But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
                          Originally posted by Doyle Woody
                          Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
                            That's a thing?
                            The way Keith does it, it is most definitely a highly annoying thing.
                            Cornell University
                            National Champion 1967, 1970
                            ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                            Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by RaceBoarder View Post
                              Just learned of this just a little bit ago since I was out teaching snowboarding this morning... This is really getting to me for some reason... Feels really weird... It's hard to see him being gone... I know that he was a huge influence on how I view sports and how my love for them has developed... He'll be truly missed
                              I hated Stuart Scott's schtick and I've blamed him as one of those responsible for ESPNs bad treatment of hockey. That being said, he certainly had strong fingerprint on ESPN of the 90s and 2000s and was good at his job in the moments that called for it. This is not to say he wasn't good at his job... but again... I didn't like the schtick. When he had to be more sober in tone he was able.
                              BS UML '04, PhD UConn '09

Jerseys I would like to have:
                              Skating Friar Jersey
                              AIC Yellowjacket Jersey w/ Yellowjacket logo on front
                              UAF Jersey w/ Polar Bear on Front
                              Army Black Knight logo jersey

NCAA Men's Division 1 Simulation Primer

Comment

I loved his delivery, it really helped make SportsCenter not just more casual and laid back, but it also made highlights more fun. It showed how far you could go from bland stoicism and still be taken seriously.
                                If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

Working...
                                X