X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: He's dead, Jim.

Norman Bridwell, creator of Clifford the Big Red Dog, 86
    Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
    "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
    Patreon for exclusive writing content
    Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

I love the Clifford books!

Comment

I love the Clifford books!

Comment

Clifford and Harold/Purple Crayon were my favorite kids' books.
          Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
          Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Despite a little help from his friends, Joe Cocker has lost his battle with cancer. Age 70.
            Uncle Mickey: July 23, 1950-July 22, 2003

WRPI, 91.5 FM...usually color commentary.

Comment

Originally posted by jericho View Post
              Despite a little help from his friends, Joe Cocker has lost his battle with cancer. Age 70.
              Met the man at Woodstock in 1969 while i was working the festival in Bethel NY. Had a little Beefeater's Gin with him. He put on a great show that day and one could never forget that gravelly voice. Man am I ever getting old when my music dying off around me.
              Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

That's terrible, RIP Joe. I saw him several times over the years and it was always a great show. He always had a tight rocking band backing him up.

Comment

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
                  Met the man at Woodstock in 1969 while i was working the festival in Bethel NY. Had a little Beefeater's Gin with him. He put on a great show that day and one could never forget that gravelly voice. Man am I ever getting old when my music dying off around me.
                  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bRzKUVjHkGk

Comment

If you remember you couldn't have been there Thats pretty cool though. Were you there to see Hendrix?
                    I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Dang. He was from well before my time, and I'll admit I haven't heard a whole lot of his stuff, but I've liked what I have heard.

This is his cover of "The Weight" by The Band, which I really enjoy: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9UzJZGHQt4s

It reminded me of his performance of "With a Little Help from My Friends" in that he and his band brought a "bigger" sound than the original recording for those performances.

Comment

I'm really jealous that you met the guy. He was one of the best there was. I'll never forget that performance.
                        MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

Originally posted by manurespreader View Post
                          I'm really jealous that you met the guy. He was one of the best there was. I'll never forget that performance.
                          A nice article from the Denver Post.
                          http://www.denverpost.com/news/ci_27...-resident-dead

Comment

Bush Sr's in the hospital. If you're 90 and in the hospital you're on the watchlist, even if it's just the sniffles. Actually, if you're 90 you're on the watchlist, no qualifier needed.
                            Cornell University
                            National Champion 1967, 1970
                            ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                            Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by walrus View Post
                              If you remember you couldn't have been there Thats pretty cool though. Were you there to see Hendrix?
                              I remember, but there are blacked out sections for sure. Drove down from Albany through the Catskills to get there as they offered me free tickets to be part of the medical support. Had no clue it was going to be so crowded that I could not leave. Once in a lifetime experience that the movie release (even the extended DVDs) only does partial justice. The music was only part of it. It was safe, it was fun, it probably meant even more for me as it was like that last fling just before i got married and had a child.

Comment

Originally posted by manurespreader View Post
                                Working the medical tent, I got to meet virtually all the acts that were there. Have a shirt here signed by almost every one of them. Sat on the stage for a good portion of it. Had severe tinnitus for a long time after Ten Years After did their set. May actually have been totally deaf for a bit after Alvin Lee cranked out 'I'm Going Home'. It's been over 45 years and it seems like yesterday.

Comment

Working...
                                X