• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: He's dead, Jim.

How about this: Seems like a better subject than the other for this thread:

Frances Bean Cobain to Lana Del Rey: Early death isn't 'cool'
    http://www.cnn.com/2014/06/23/showbi...na-del-rey-rs/
    Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

Eli Wallach-The Magnificent Seven would have not been the same without him. He was 98. I believe only Robert Vaughn is now left form the stars of that cast.
      Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
        Eli Wallach-The Magnificent Seven would have not been the same without him. He was 98. I believe only Robert Vaughn is now left form the stars of that cast.
        Still enjoy the movie, and especially the theme song. Funny thing, though. I checked out the cast on imdb, and the picture of Yul Bryner has a guy with hair. Don't think I'd ever seen him with hair.

Comment

• Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
          The Man ruined more searches in the Six Degrees of Kevin Bacon. He acted with just about everyone.
          CCT '77 & '78
          4 kids
          5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
          1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
          - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Amazing to live that long. A good actor, I really enjoyed his work whenever I saw it.
            If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

"You came back - for a place like this. Why? A man like you. Why?"
              Last edited by Old Pio; 06-25-2014, 11:48 AM.
              2011 Poser of the Year & Pulitzer Prize winning machine gunner.

Comment

• Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet View Post
                Amazing to live that long.
                Kirk Douglas is 97 and Al Molinaro (Happy Days) just turned 95.

And for Brent, you-know-who is also 97, somehow.
                Last edited by Hammer; 06-25-2014, 11:51 AM.
                FERRIS STATE UNIVERSITY: 2012 FROZEN FOUR

God, that was fun...

Comment

And Clint is the only one left from The Good, The Bad & The Ugly
                  Growing old is mandatory -- growing up is optional!

Comment

Originally posted by CLS View Post
                    Still enjoy the movie, and especially the theme song. Funny thing, though. I checked out the cast on imdb, and the picture of Yul Bryner has a guy with hair. Don't think I'd ever seen him with hair.
                    One of the all time great movie music themes.

Comment

Former "Survivor: Blood vs. Water" contestant Caleb Bankston, 27, in a train "mishap. He was Colton's fiancé who criticized Colton for quitting, again.

http://www.cnn.com/2014/06/25/showbi...html?hpt=hp_t2
                      Uncle Mickey: July 23, 1950-July 22, 2003

WRPI, 91.5 FM...usually color commentary.

Comment

• Originally posted by jericho View Post
                        Former "Survivor: Blood vs. Water" contestant Caleb Bankston, 27, in a train "mishap. He was Colton's fiancé who criticized Colton for quitting, again.

http://www.cnn.com/2014/06/25/showbi...html?hpt=hp_t2
                        So you're saying he wasn't a survivor?

(Does anyone really care what happens to survivor people outside of their families? I hope not).

Comment

Originally posted by jericho View Post
                          The definition (insofar as reality show people are actual humans) of a nice person who enabled an awful person. He's definitely in a better place if he's not under Colton.
                          Cornell University
                          National Champion 1967, 1970
                          ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                          Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Coburn is dead?!

Edit: Yikes, for 12 years. Musta missed it.

All: if you've never seen Baby Doll, go rent it right this minute. It's one of the best movies ever made, and it's Wallach's finest performance.
                            Cornell University
                            National Champion 1967, 1970
                            ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                            Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

A Man of Integrity has died and we are thankful for the time he served this Nation.

RIP Howard Baker
                              http://www.wtop.com/?nid=893&sid=3651757
                              CCT '77 & '78
                              4 kids
                              5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                              1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                              - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by unofan View Post
                                So you're saying he wasn't a survivor?

(Does anyone really care what happens to survivor people outside of their families? I hope not).
                                No, just like I don't care about which celebrity went shopping, etc. But, as someone who watched the show, I actually thought that Caleb would be the type of guy I would hang out with, he seemed like he would be a good guy. It's sad that he died, and since there are Survivor fans on this board, it warrants a mention in this thread.
                                Uncle Mickey: July 23, 1950-July 22, 2003

WRPI, 91.5 FM...usually color commentary.

Comment

Working...
                                X