This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by jmh View Post
    I can sort of understand his rationale though. If he genuinely believes the ten guys he voted for, plus Randy and Pedro, all deserve to be in the Hall, then leaving off the lockiest of locks and voting for the more borderline cases is a reasonable way to try to bring that about. And the ten guys he voted for are (if you ask me) all reasonable votes; it's not like he left Pedro out to vote for Everyday Eddie.
    I'd be for the rationale if a player is near the end of his ballot time. Otherwise just put in the 10 most deserving and get the extras later.

Need to get this backlog thinned out by either putting more in or letting them drop off.
    PSNetwork / XBOX GamerTag: xJeris
    Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance
    NFL: CHI; MLB: MN, NYM; NHL: MN, MTL; NCAAB: MN, UNLV; NCAAF: MN, MIA; NCAAH: MN; Soccer: USA, Blackburn

Comment

• Re: MLB 2014: I paid the $20 mil posting fee for the right to start this thread

Sadly Edgar Martinez gets no love.
      Twitter: DanMountSports
      2013-14 DIII T.O.P. NIT Champion

2010-2011 Interlock LPS Co-Champion

Well, I'm going to do a farewell tour of upstate New York, hellholes like Plattsburgh. Fred Armisen as Gov. Paterson

"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes." - The Doctor (Tom Baker)

Team I Like NFL: BUF NBA: NYK MLB: SEA NHL: NYR College Hockey: Clarkson (DI) Oswego (D3) Soccer: USA, Man United, Rangers (newco and all), Scotland NCAAF & B: SU

Comment

• Re: MLB 2014: I paid the $20 mil posting fee for the right to start this thread

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
        Three first-balloters in a single year? Holy hell!
        Happened with Yount, Ryan and Brett too.

Comment

Originally posted by jmh View Post
          One of these things is not like the other.
          I'll say.
          Cornell University
          National Champion 1967, 1970
          ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
          Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by MountieBoyOz View Post
            Sadly Edgar Martinez gets no love.
            He aint gonna make it, and that makes me sad.
            Cornell University
            National Champion 1967, 1970
            ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
            Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

So I'm looking at the public ballots and there are a few things that just don't make sense:

1. People that voted for Clemens but not Bonds (Jerry Green)
              2. People that voted for Bonds but not Clemens (Barry Rozner)
              3. People that voted for Clemens, Pedro, and Smoltz, but not Johnson (George Willis)

Things that make sense:
              1. The final results
              2. People who didn't vote for any of the first balloters haven't publicly released their ballots. They're faceless cowards.
              Code:
              As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
              College Hockey 6       College Football 0
              BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
              Originally posted by SanTropez
              May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
              Originally posted by bigblue_dl
              I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
              Originally posted by Kepler
              When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
              He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Jerry Green is a senile 85ish year old imbecile who only writes a weekly column because the Detroit News doesn't want to get sued for age discrimination. That tells you all you need to know about Jerry Green.

The other two don't appear to be much better.
                FERRIS STATE UNIVERSITY: 2012 FROZEN FOUR

God, that was fun...

Comment

Originally posted by Hammer View Post
                  Jerry Green is a senile 85ish year old imbecile who only writes a weekly column because the Detroit News doesn't want to get sued for age discrimination. That tells you all you need to know about Jerry Green.

The other two don't appear to be much better.
                  Ah, so Sid Hartman but about 10-12 years younger.
                  Code:
                  May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                  He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

The Twins pitchers and catchers report Feb 22nd. As of now they could actually be worse than last years team!

D. Santana , ss
                    B. Dozier , 2b
                    J. Mauer , 1b
                    K. Vargas , dh
                    T. Hunter , rf
                    O. Arcia , lf
                    T. Plouffe , 3b
                    K. Suzuki , c
                    A. Hicks , cf

P. Hughes , sp
                    E. Santana , sp
                    R. Nolasco , sp
                    K. Gibson , sp
                    T. Milone , sp
                    PSNetwork / XBOX GamerTag: xJeris
                    Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance
                    NFL: CHI; MLB: MN, NYM; NHL: MN, MTL; NCAAB: MN, UNLV; NCAAF: MN, MIA; NCAAH: MN; Soccer: USA, Blackburn

Comment

Originally posted by JF_Gophers View Post
                      The Twins pitchers and catchers report Feb 22nd. As of now they could actually be worse than last years team!

D. Santana , ss
                      B. Dozier , 2b
                      J. Mauer , 1b
                      K. Vargas , dh
                      T. Hunter , rf
                      O. Arcia , lf
                      T. Plouffe , 3b
                      K. Suzuki , c
                      A. Hicks , cf

P. Hughes , sp
                      E. Santana , sp
                      R. Nolasco , sp
                      K. Gibson , sp
                      T. Milone , sp
                      No, that team is better than last year. Not good, but it is a slight improvement.
                      Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Sounds like Scherzer is heading to the Nationals for 7 years. Didn't see a money figure.
                        Code:

Comment

• Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
                          No, that team is better than last year. Not good, but it is a slight improvement.
                          You are forgetting to take into consideration half of that roster being out for months with injuries a few weeks in.
                          the state of hockey is good

Comment

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                            Sounds like Scherzer is heading to the Nationals for 7 years. Didn't see a money figure.
                            I think it's in the 180 range.
                            FERRIS STATE UNIVERSITY: 2012 FROZEN FOUR

God, that was fun...

Comment

Working...
                            X