This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MLB 2014: I paid the $20 mil posting fee for the right to start this thread

There. Pitchers and catchers report in 2 weeks. Sorry to lead with such a crappy story, but...

Curt Schilling has cancer
    FERRIS STATE UNIVERSITY: 2012 FROZEN FOUR

God, that was fun...

Re: MLB 2014: I paid the $20 mil posting fee for the right to start this thread

I was getting set for the new season and started a 2014 team grid. Here's the AL.

MLB.ComMLB.TV
     American League
    East
    TeamPrintVideo
    Baltimore Orioles Baltimore SunMASN
    Boston Red Sox Boston GlobeNESN
    New York Yankees NY Daily NewsYES
    Tampa Bay Rays Tampa Bay TimesSUN
    Toronto Blue Jays Toronto SunRSN

Central
    TeamPrintVideo
    Chicago White Sox Chicago Sun TimesCSN Chicago
    Cleveland Indians Cleveland Plain DealerFSOhio
    Detroit Tigers Detroit Free PressFSDetroit
    Kansas City Royals Kansas City StarFSKC
    Minnesota Twins Star TribuneFSNorth

West
    TeamPrintVideo
    Houston Astros Houston ChronicleCSN Houston
    Los Angeles Angels LA TimesFSWest
    Oakland Athletics Inside Bay AreaCSN Bay Area
    Seattle Mariners Seattle TimesROOT Northwest
    Texas Rangers Dallas NewsFSSouthwest
    PSNetwork / XBOX GamerTag: xJeris
    Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance
    NFL: CHI; MLB: MN, NYM; NHL: MN, MTL; NCAAB: MN, UNLV; NCAAF: MN, MIA; NCAAH: MN; Soccer: USA, Blackburn

Comment

Swap out the Detroit Free Press with the Detroit News and you're fine there. Outside of John Lowe, the Freep isn't fit to wipe my *** with it. Here's the link:

http://www.detroitnews.com/section/sports0104
      FERRIS STATE UNIVERSITY: 2012 FROZEN FOUR

God, that was fun...

Comment

RIP Ralph Kiner

Played from 1946-55. Lead the NL in HR from 46 to 52 for the Pirates. Also the voice of the Mets for many years.
        Last edited by JF_Gophers; 02-06-2014, 05:57 PM.
        Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance
        NFL: CHI; MLB: MN, NYM; NHL: MN, MTL; NCAAB: MN, UNLV; NCAAF: MN, MIA; NCAAH: MN; Soccer: USA, Blackburn

Comment

Subscribed. The Hunt for 1-Hun is Back!
          Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Yankees say Tanaka has #3 potential. Umm what? When did #3 starters gets $155 mil for 7 yrs?
            Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance

Comment

Originally posted by JF_Gophers View Post
              Yankees say Tanaka has #3 potential. Umm what? When did #3 starters gets $155 mil for 7 yrs?
              When they play for the Yankees...
              Jordan Kawaguchi for Hobey!!
              Originally posted by Quizmire
              mns, this is why i love you.

Originally posted by Markt
              MNS - forking genius.

Originally posted by asterisk hat
              MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

Originally posted by hockeybando
              I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

Originally posted by MinnesotaNorthStar View Post
                When they play for the Yankees...
                The question is, did they know that when they signed him? I get that overpaying is their "thing". But you'd think they would overpay for better than a #3. Especially when their #1 is a fossil in baseball terms.
                Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance

Comment

Wow, really? That's horrible even for the Yankees.
                  Cornell University Men's Hockey
                  NCAA Champions: 1967, 1970
                  ECAC Champions: 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010, 2024
                  Ivy League Champions: 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2024

Comment

Speaking of Yankees making a lot of money, A-Rod dropped his lawsuit.
                    Cornell University Men's Hockey
                    NCAA Champions: 1967, 1970
                    ECAC Champions: 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010, 2024
                    Ivy League Champions: 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2024

Comment

Originally posted by jmh View Post
                      Speaking of Yankees making a lot of money, A-Rod dropped his lawsuit.
                      Probably a smart idea given that he had about a 0.00% chance of winning his lawsuit.

Here's to him never playing major league baseball ever again...
                      North Dakota
                      National Champions: 1959, 1963, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 2000, 2016

Comment

The problem they faced is what happens if he's lights out like Darvish? Having is better than not having him. (This is coming from a Yankee hater.)
                        Twitter: DanMountSports
                        2013-14 DIII T.O.P. NIT Champion

2010-2011 Interlock LPS Co-Champion

Well, I'm going to do a farewell tour of upstate New York, hellholes like Plattsburgh. Fred Armisen as Gov. Paterson

"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes." - The Doctor (Tom Baker)

Team I Like NFL: BUF NBA: NYK MLB: SEA NHL: NYR College Hockey: Clarkson (DI) Oswego (D3) Soccer: USA, Man United, Rangers (newco and all), Scotland NCAAF & B: SU

Comment

While the Yankees have said they are projecting him as a solid, consistent #3, they also added that he could end up being better than that. Hard to say for sure how he will handle the transition from Japan to the MLB.

And, it was also a factor of supply and demand. The starting pitching market was bone dry, and they kind of had to sign a pitcher.

Comment

Twins GM Terry Ryan diagnosed with treatable skin cancer. No word on if he's going to try to trade it to the Yankees for a pick and cash considerations.

http://www.cbssports.com/mlb/eye-on-...th-skin-cancer
                            St. Cloud, Minnesota: You could do worse...

It's hard to soar with the eagles when you're surrounded by turkeys.

The 2009 Poser of the Year

Comment

Well let's see if the Twins can get to .500 this year..
                              AF 99

M-A-V-E-R-I-C-K-S, MAVERICKS, MAVERICKS, GOOOOO STATE!

Comment

Working...
                              X