X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: World Soccer XXV - the run up to the World Cup

Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
    Well the English is pretty easy. FIFA hates the English because a) The rampant hooliganism in the 70's and 80's and b) English soccer is full of arrogant *tards.
    You forgot how the British Media loves to dig up dirt and exposing when FIFA members have been palmed greased to vote one way. It just happens to be a quincedence that they're all not voting for England when they find something. I'm sure the BBC would go over things with a fine tooth comb and make sure everything was on the up and up when the English win a World Cup Bid.
    bueller: Why is the sunset good? Why are boobs good? Why does Positrack work? Why does Ferris lose on the road and play dead at home?

It just happens.

nmupiccdiva: I'm sorry I missed you this weekend! I thought I saw you at the football game, but I didn't want to go up to a complete stranger and ask "are you Monster?" and have it not be you!

leswp1: you need the Monster to fix you

Life is active, find Balance!massage therapy Ann Arbor

Comment

I know people talk about the Qataris buying the Cup, but let's not forget the Russian oil money probably played a part in them getting 2018. I also think the points brought up earlier about not having to get new stadia or the Brits not willing to let FIFA get all the profits played a factor. I've also heard UEFA chief Platini despises England. (Even though he'd be on the Vichy France team if it were for England.) I still think the birthplace of soccer shouldn't have to go over 50 years between hosting the darn event.
      Twitter: DanMountSports
      2013-14 DIII T.O.P. NIT Champion

2010-2011 Interlock LPS Co-Champion

Well, I'm going to do a farewell tour of upstate New York, hellholes like Plattsburgh. Fred Armisen as Gov. Paterson

"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes." - The Doctor (Tom Baker)

Team I Like NFL: BUF NBA: NYK MLB: SEA NHL: NYR College Hockey: Clarkson (DI) Oswego (D3) Soccer: USA, Man United, Rangers (newco and all), Scotland NCAAF & B: SU

Comment

Originally posted by MountieBoyOz View Post
        I know people talk about the Qataris buying the Cup, but let's not forget the Russian oil money probably played a part in them getting 2018. I also think the points brought up earlier about not having to get new stadia or the Brits not willing to let FIFA get all the profits played a factor. I've also heard UEFA chief Platini despises England. (Even though he'd be on the Vichy France team if it were for England.) I still think the birthplace of soccer shouldn't have to go over 50 years between hosting the darn event.
        Oh, I don't doubt that Russia bribed a few votes their way, but hell, Russia isn't quite a total clusterfunk of a location to hold the games. Weather wise its a much better climate there to hold the world cup. Its biggest problem logistically is that its so big and it has a lot of the venues they're using are all spread out all over the place. Then there's the political and terrorism issues there, but on the whole, they're not nearly as bad as what the Qatar bid is.

That and I wanted another World Cup here in my backyard, even if that meant a roadtrip to Chicago or some other place.
        bueller: Why is the sunset good? Why are boobs good? Why does Positrack work? Why does Ferris lose on the road and play dead at home?

It just happens.

nmupiccdiva: I'm sorry I missed you this weekend! I thought I saw you at the football game, but I didn't want to go up to a complete stranger and ask "are you Monster?" and have it not be you!

leswp1: you need the Monster to fix you

Life is active, find Balance!massage therapy Ann Arbor

Comment

http://screamer.deadspin.com/report-...sa-1640473643/

MLS punts on Fake Mexican Team
          If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

• Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet View Post
            Now if Deadspin could punt this guy.

Not surprising. It's been going around for weeks. It'll take two years for a new ownership to rub the Chivas stink off anyway.
            U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
            Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
            I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
            But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
            Originally posted by Doyle Woody
            Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

Now if Deadspin could punt this guy.

Not surprising. It's been going around for weeks. It'll take two years for a new ownership to rub the Chivas stink off anyway.
              I really don't get Deadspin's searing hatred of MLS. Do I think the Euro leagues are better? Yes, but I do enjoy watching it very much.

Well, I'm going to do a farewell tour of upstate New York, hellholes like Plattsburgh. Fred Armisen as Gov. Paterson

"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes." - The Doctor (Tom Baker)

Team I Like NFL: BUF NBA: NYK MLB: SEA NHL: NYR College Hockey: Clarkson (DI) Oswego (D3) Soccer: USA, Man United, Rangers (newco and all), Scotland NCAAF & B: SU

Comment

• Originally posted by MountieBoyOz View Post
                I really don't get Deadspin's searing hatred of MLS. Do I think the Euro leagues are better? Yes, but I do enjoy watching it very much.
                Deadspin in general, but Haisley in particular is bad about MLS, and really for no good reason. He's the epitome of the Eurosnob, pro/rel knuckledragging, "I only started watching this sport in 2006" hipster *tard that drags the sport in this country down.
                I spell Failure with UAF

But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
                Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

Deadspin in general, but Haisley in particular is bad about MLS, and really for no good reason. He's the epitome of the Eurosnob, pro/rel knuckledragging, "I only started watching this sport in 2006" hipster *tard that drags the sport in this country down.
                  Why can't you like both? It's not that hard of a concept.
                  Last edited by MountieBoyOz; 09-29-2014, 07:34 PM.

Comment

Why can't you like both? It's not that hard of a concept.
                    I do like both and I have no problem with people liking both. The problem is the people like Haisley who look at MLS as something beneath them and use every chance they get to degrade the league. Those people can go die in a fire.
                    I spell Failure with UAF

Comment

I do like both and I have no problem with people liking both. The problem is the people like Haisley who look at MLS as something beneath them and use every chance they get to degrade the league. Those people can go die in a fire.
                      I didn't mean you in general. I meant the people at large. It's just silly that someone would take every shot he can just to be a hipster delta bravo. What a S****horpe.

Comment

I didn't mean you in general. I meant the people at large. It's just silly that someone would take every shot he can just to be a hipster delta bravo. What a S****horpe.
                        Oh no doubt. Nothing MLS will ever do will be enough to please them.

edit: It's funny that in places where MLS is successful they're being marginalized and weeded out.
                        I spell Failure with UAF

Comment

Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet View Post
                          No! There goes an easy 6 points. Err, well with the way the Quakes are playing an easy 2 or 4 points.

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
                          iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
                          gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
                          Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
                          Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
                          TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
                          DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

• Originally posted by French Rage View Post
                            No! There goes an easy 6 points. Err, well with the way the Quakes are playing an easy 2 or 4 points.
                            Not only that, it pretty much guarantees both Houston and SKC moving to the West next season making things that much harder.
                            I spell Failure with UAF

Comment

Originally posted by MountieBoyOz View Post
                              I really don't get Deadspin's searing hatred of MLS.
                              It follows on with their searing hatred of sports in general. And people. And anything at all that represents the mainstream. American anything represents the mainstream, therefore MLS sucks.

This is what happens when you have a site about sports written by hipsters.
                              Keep an open mind. Just don't be so open-minded that your brain falls out.

Comment

Originally posted by Red Cloud View Post
                                It follows on with their searing hatred of sports in general. And people. And anything at all that represents the mainstream. American anything represents the mainstream, therefore MLS sucks.

This is what happens when you have a site about sports written by hipsters.
                                Here's a radical idea. If you don't like sports, don't write about it. I'd be glad to take their place.

Comment

Working...
                                X