X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: World Soccer XXV - the run up to the World Cup

Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
    From what I've read, Klinsmann believes Johnson is the best defender of the outside defensemen and Portugal, Ghana, Germany have strong leftside wing players so he's looking to have his best defender on their best attackers.
    OK, I suppose that makes sense then. Man, what I'd give for four-years-ago Steve Cherundolo, though.
    Cornell University Men's Hockey
    NCAA Champions: 1967, 1970
    ECAC Champions: 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
    Ivy League Champions: 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018

Comment

Ghana is playing the Freaky Deaky Dutch on ESPN3 shortly if anybody wants to watch.
      U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
      Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
      I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
      But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
      Originally posted by Doyle Woody
      Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

Reports are swirling that C. Ronaldo has a hurt knee and will miss the first two games of the World Cup. Reportedly.
        I spell Failure with UAF

But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
        Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

And finally, Rafa Marquez went to the hospital during Mexico's friendly today. Rainbow Dash with the reaction:
          I spell Failure with UAF

Comment

Luis Montez breaks leg and is out for Mexico.
            Sounds like Riccardo Montolivio will miss for Italy with a broken leg as well.
            "If you leave ignorance and stupidity alone, ignorance and stupidity will think it's ok."
            -Gallagher

R.I.P.
            Grandpa G. ~ Feb 11, 1918-Oct. 6, 1999
            Grandma ~ Jan 2004
            Dad ~ Nov. 4, 1958-April 21, 2008
            Grandpa S. ~ June 21, 1932-November 11, 2013

Comment

http://deadspin.com/report-qatar-bou...-in-1584326027

I'm most surprised at how little this cost.
              "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

well that was impressive. that being said, our defending still scares the crap out of me.

Comment

From the questionable call on Altidore to non-call on Dempsey to smacking Cantor in the nose, the ref doesn't seem to be having the best half.
                  Hollywood Hair Care Tip for Infinity (Directly from Hollywood himself)
                  when its minus 20 and u have to go outside.. make sure u wear a winter hat as the mohawk does not enjoy the winter weathe(r)
                  Hollywood Amazingness

Comment

Well there is a reason he was suspended before.
                    Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

Yeah, it's hard to ignore how rough our back line looks.
                      If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

It's also hard to ignore how much this officiating crew sucks with the US almost being gifted a third goal.
                        Hollywood Hair Care Tip for Infinity (Directly from Hollywood himself)
                        when its minus 20 and u have to go outside.. make sure u wear a winter hat as the mohawk does not enjoy the winter weathe(r)
                        Hollywood Amazingness

Comment

Now, I don't watch much soccer outside of international contests, but this has got to be one of the worst officiating performances I've ever seen.
                          Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

At least we got a nice warm up for our usual crappy reffing at the World Cup.
                            I spell Failure with UAF

Comment

• Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet View Post
                              Yeah, it's hard to ignore how rough our back line looks.
                              biggest problem going back to at least last world cup...have no idea if there'shope on the horizon

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                                biggest problem going back to at least last world cup...have no idea if there'shope on the horizon
                                agreed. We have some talent but with the weak defense we could end up defending the whole game and not doing much else.. We certainly have to play better even to win one game. It's a lot to get done in the next two weeks.
                                MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

Working...
                                X