This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet View Post
    I think that's how other countries do their development teams.
    Including here. MLS Reserve teams play in USL Pro.
    U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
    Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
    I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
    But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
    Originally posted by Doyle Woody
    Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

• Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
      Including here. MLS Reserve teams play in USL Pro.
      German reserves play no higher than 3rd Liga, and I think Spanish clubs simply have to stay a level below their senior team. Not too sure about others.
      If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

• Re: World Soccer XXV - the run up to the World Cup

I notice the various stations of the NBC networks are trying to make a splash out of "Championship Sunday" in the EPL, running all ten games live at the same time. Too bad for them that most of the results are already locked in place. No mystery about relegation, and all Man City needs is a tie to guarantee 1st place.
        "Hope is a good thing; maybe the best of things."

"Beer is a sign that God loves us and wants us to be happy." -- Benjamin Franklin

"Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy, which sustained him through temporary periods of joy." -- W. B. Yeats

"People generally are most impatient with those flaws in others about which they are most ashamed of in themselves." - folk wisdom

Comment

Looks like Blatter is going for a fifth term. Looks like the screwing of the USA and England continues.

http://prosoccertalk.nbcsports.com/2...ident-in-2015/
          Twitter: DanMountSports
          2013-14 DIII T.O.P. NIT Champion

2010-2011 Interlock LPS Co-Champion

Well, I'm going to do a farewell tour of upstate New York, hellholes like Plattsburgh. Fred Armisen as Gov. Paterson

"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes." - The Doctor (Tom Baker)

Team I Like NFL: BUF NBA: NYK MLB: SEA NHL: NYR College Hockey: Clarkson (DI) Oswego (D3) Soccer: USA, Man United, Rangers (newco and all), Scotland NCAAF & B: SU

Comment

EPL standings if you only count goals by English players.

http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2...92.mobile.html
            CCT '77 & '78
            4 kids
            5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
            1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
            - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Klinsmann releases preliminary 30-man World Cup roster

Random thoughts:

17 of the 30 players have last names beginning with the letters A through E. Weird.

DeAndre Yedlin has crazy hair.

Very disappointing that Stuart Holden has had such bad luck with injuries. If healthy he'd be preferable to any number of these guys.

No Eddie Johnson, no Tim Ream, no Brek Shea, no Jose Torres, no Sacha Kljestan.
              Cornell University Men's Hockey
              NCAA Champions: 1967, 1970
              ECAC Champions: 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010, 2024
              Ivy League Champions: 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2024

Comment

USMNT PRELIMINARY WORLD CUP ROSTER

GOALKEEPERS (3) : Brad Guzan (Aston Villa), Tim Howard (Everton), Nick Rimando (Real Salt Lake)
                DEFENDERS (11) : DaMarcus Beasley (Puebla), Matt Besler (Sporting Kansas City), John Brooks (Hertha Berlin), Geoff Cameron (Stoke City), Timmy Chandler (Nürnberg), Brad Evans (Seattle Sounders FC), Omar Gonzalez (LA Galaxy), Clarence Goodson (San Jose Earthquakes), Fabian Johnson (Hoffenheim), Michael Parkhurst (Columbus Crew), DeAndre Yedlin (Seattle Sounders FC)
                MIDFIELDERS (10) : Kyle Beckerman (Real Salt Lake), Alejandro Bedoya (Nantes), Michael Bradley (Toronto FC), Joe Corona (Club Tijuana), Brad Davis (Houston Dynamo), Mix Diskerud (Rosenborg), Maurice Edu (Philadelphia Union), Julian Green (Bayern Munich), Jermaine Jones (Besiktas), Graham Zusi (Sporting Kansas City)
                FORWARDS (6) : Jozy Altidore (Sunderland), Terrence Boyd (Rapid Vienna), Clint Dempsey (Seattle Sounders FC), Landon Donovan (LA Galaxy), Aron Johannsson (AZ Alkmaar), Chris Wondolowski (San Jose Earthquakes)
                Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

Agreed that it's a shame that Holden has had such terrible luck with injuries. He deserves a spot, if he were healthy.

Snubs? You could make an argument for Ream or Shea, but otherwise I'm not seeing anything all that egregious.

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Comment

Shea is mediocre and has had a terrible year. He deserves to be left out.
                    ECAC Champions: 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010, 2024
                    Ivy League Champions: 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2024

Comment

Interesting to see Donovan listed as a "forward." I've generally seen him listed as a "mid-fielder."
                      "Hope is a good thing; maybe the best of things."

"Beer is a sign that God loves us and wants us to be happy." -- Benjamin Franklin

"Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy, which sustained him through temporary periods of joy." -- W. B. Yeats

"People generally are most impatient with those flaws in others about which they are most ashamed of in themselves." - folk wisdom

Comment

Glad Eddie Johnson is not going. He is a Locker Room Cancer. Killed the Sounders last year with his *ing about his contract.
                        I spell Failure with UAF

But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
                        Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

MLS Announces new TV contracts with Univision, ESPN, and Fox.

Worth about $90 million ($75 million from ESPN and Fox and $15 million from Univision) a year. Each network gets one exclusive game a week in a specific time slot, Univision gets Friday night on UniMàs, ESPN gets Sunday night at 5 pm Eastern on ESPN2, Fox gets Sunday night at 7 pm Eastern on Fox Sports 1. Rest of the games are on local TV on Saturdays with ESPN getting digital rights for ESPN3.

So, MLS goes back to Fox and leaves NBC. The good news is that they have guaranteed time slots, no wondering when the games will be on.
                          I spell Failure with UAF

Comment

Good for FS1, bad for NBCSN. Probably good for ESPN, but I honestly don't give a **** what's good for ESPN.

I wonder what properties NBCSN needs to start looking at in the near future to help shore up what's starting to look too much like the old Vs. lineup.

Comment

Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet View Post
                              I wonder what properties NBCSN needs to start looking at in the near future to help shore up what's starting to look too much like the old Vs. lineup.
                              Well, I mean, the Premier League is a pretty big differentiator from what they had on Vs., no?

Comment

Originally posted by jmh View Post
                                Well, I mean, the Premier League is a pretty big differentiator from what they had on Vs., no?
                                Fair point. You could also add college hockey (not that that's much of an addition, other than for our needs), but that's pretty much it. It's otherwise still the same mix of small-scale eastern college football, cycling, F1, piddly college basketball and nature shows.

Comment

Working...
                                X