X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: World Soccer XXV - the run up to the World Cup

Really looking good for Liverpool
    "If you leave ignorance and stupidity alone, ignorance and stupidity will think it's ok."
    -Gallagher

R.I.P.
    Grandpa G. ~ Feb 11, 1918-Oct. 6, 1999
    Grandma ~ Jan 2004
    Dad ~ Nov. 4, 1958-April 21, 2008
    Grandpa S. ~ June 21, 1932-November 11, 2013

Comment

Originally posted by First Time, Long Time View Post
      Really looking good for Liverpool
      Let's see:

Liverpool: 80 points. Already qualified for group stage of Champions League. 3 games remaining. (Chelsea, @Crystal Palace, Newcastle Utd)
      Chelsea: 75 points. 3 games remaining. (@Liverpool, Norwich City, @Cardiff City)
      Manchester City: 71 points. 5 games remaining. (West Brom, Aston Villa, West Ham Utd., @Crystal Palace, @Everton)

Liverpool control their own destiny, especially if they get points from Chelsea. Even if they don't get anything from Chelsea, avoiding losing points to Palace and Newcastle ought to be enough (City could run the table and win the league on goal differential, and they don't have that hard of a schedule to do it, but still...).
      If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

Boy, that ****show in Qatar isn't looking any better...

http://gizmodo.com/qatar-is-cancelin...sta-1565536322

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Comment

You know, I like Deadspin. Except now one of their writers seems to spend his time writing clickbait troll articles on MLS. Eurosnobbery is ruining soccer in this country...

(No I am not going to link the article)
          U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
          Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
          I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
          But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
          Originally posted by Doyle Woody
          Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

A month ago Pompey was in danger of relegation from League 2, just a couple points clear of safety.

Today they won their 5th straight and are tied for 10th in the table, and officially safe from being relegated.
            UNH Wildcat Hockey

Comment

Speculation is that David Moyes will be sacked by Man United. Congratulations, they've turned into Chelsea with that reactionary move.

I know that United has lofty expectations, but SAF had a few years of trouble (Almost getting relegated one year) before turning them into the team that dominated the 90s and 2000s. I guess it shows how money has really changed everything and that the usually pragmatic and patient United board would pull this. I'd at least have given him 2-3 seasons before dropping the axe.
              Twitter: DanMountSports
              2013-14 DIII T.O.P. NIT Champion

2010-2011 Interlock LPS Co-Champion

Well, I'm going to do a farewell tour of upstate New York, hellholes like Plattsburgh. Fred Armisen as Gov. Paterson

"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes." - The Doctor (Tom Baker)

Team I Like NFL: BUF NBA: NYK MLB: SEA NHL: NYR College Hockey: Clarkson (DI) Oswego (D3) Soccer: USA, Man United, Rangers (newco and all), Scotland NCAAF & B: SU

Comment

• Originally posted by MountieBoyOz View Post
                Speculation is that David Moyes will be sacked by Man United. Congratulations, they've turned into Chelsea with that reactionary move.

I know that United has lofty expectations, but SAF had a few years of trouble (Almost getting relegated one year) before turning them into the team that dominated the 90s and 2000s. I guess it shows how money has really changed everything and that the usually pragmatic and patient United board would pull this. I'd at least have given him 2-3 seasons before dropping the axe.
                Well in the 80's when SAF started English teams couldn't even play in Europe and the European Cup hadn't transitioned into the CL.

So yeah the stakes are bigger, the margins smaller, money has changed things.
                I spell Failure with UAF

But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
                Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

Originally posted by MountieBoyOz View Post

On one hand... well, what would you expect? Big time soccer is now reactionary in general.

On the other hand, let's also keep in mind that the British every single person in the media loves to speculate the **** out of everything. They'll speculate about speculation if they have to. This only means something when it actually happens.

Comment

I am not one to think that firing managers so soon is a good idea, with that said I think the announcers in yesterdays game but it best. Man United has no idea what their offensive strategy is and it shows. I think most of us would agree that with the change in managers that United was due for a tough year. Let's be honest though, this is the same team that easily won the league last year, they should have been fighting for top four at least. Moyes has small team mentality.

Comment

Moyes has been fired
                      "If you leave ignorance and stupidity alone, ignorance and stupidity will think it's ok."
                      -Gallagher

R.I.P.
                      Grandpa G. ~ Feb 11, 1918-Oct. 6, 1999
                      Grandma ~ Jan 2004
                      Dad ~ Nov. 4, 1958-April 21, 2008
                      Grandpa S. ~ June 21, 1932-November 11, 2013

Comment

Originally posted by Scott W View Post
                        Moyes has small team mentality.
                        What does this mean? Adding £27.5M Fellaini and then £37.1m Mata to the defending champions doesn't say "small team" to me.
                        Cornell University Men's Hockey
                        NCAA Champions: 1967, 1970
                        ECAC Champions: 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010, 2024
                        Ivy League Champions: 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2024

Comment

Originally posted by First Time, Long Time View Post
                          Moyes has been fired
                          Ryan Giggs is now caretaker manager.

Well, I'm going to do a farewell tour of upstate New York, hellholes like Plattsburgh. Fred Armisen as Gov. Paterson

"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes." - The Doctor (Tom Baker)

Team I Like NFL: BUF NBA: NYK MLB: SEA NHL: NYR College Hockey: Clarkson (DI) Oswego (D3) Soccer: USA, Man United, Rangers (newco and all), Scotland NCAAF & B: SU

Comment

NYCFC is already a joke.

http://deadspin.com/nycfc-hasnt-play...e-o-1566173687

Comment

• Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet View Post
                              I thought this was well established?
                              I spell Failure with UAF

Comment

Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
                                I thought this was well established?
                                Shoulda been the Cosmos.

Comment

Working...
                                X