X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jmh View Post
    What, because it's white?
    Because pretty much the whole thing is a bland white instead of anything remotely interesting.

Just like England.
    If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

Re: World Soccer XXV - the run up to the World Cup

Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet View Post
      Because pretty much the whole thing is a bland white instead of anything remotely interesting.
      Typical American. You just don't understand the subtleties of the jersey.
      Originally posted by dicaslover
      Yep, you got it. I heart Maize.

Originally posted by Kristin
      Maybe I'm missing something but you just asked me which MSU I go to and then you knew the theme of my homecoming, how do you know one and not the other?

Western College Hockey Blog

Comment

So, there's a game today for the USMNT. They're playing Ukraine. The game was supposed to take place in Kharkiv in eastern Ukraine.

Yeah, about that.

How about Cyprus instead?
        Keep an open mind. Just don't be so open-minded that your brain falls out.

Comment

Originally posted by Red Cloud View Post
          So, there's a game today for the USMNT. They're playing Ukraine. The game was supposed to take place in Kharkiv in eastern Ukraine.

Yeah, about that.

How about Cyprus instead?
          It's a good thing they moved it a couple of weeks ago. Any shorter notice and it probably would've been cancelled.
          U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
          Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
          I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
          But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
          Originally posted by Doyle Woody
          Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
            It's a good thing they moved it a couple of weeks ago. Any shorter notice and it probably would've been cancelled.
            Well, a week ago, but yes.

Then there's this.

This week’s friendly match between the United States and Ukraine seems to be cursed.

The match, on Wednesday, was scheduled to be played in the eastern Ukrainian city of Kharkiv but was moved to Cyprus last week because of political unrest in Ukraine.

Then on Friday, the car of the Cypriot referee, Leontios Trattou, who was scheduled to work the international match, exploded after a bomb was placed on its hood in a suburb of Nicosia.

The incident led officials in Cyprus to postpone all matches in the country’s leagues.

Comment

Originally posted by MaizeRage View Post
              Typical American. You just don't understand the subtleties of the jersey.
              Heh. Well played.
              Cornell University Men's Hockey
              NCAA Champions: 1967, 1970
              ECAC Champions: 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010, 2024
              Ivy League Champions: 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2024

Comment

I don't know if I've ever seen so much stock put into a friendly.

Also, why is Mexico playing all their warm-up matches in the US?
                Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

Originally posted by Spartanforlife4 View Post
                  I don't know if I've ever seen so much stock put into a friendly.

Also, why is Mexico playing all their warm-up matches in the US?
                  I hone$tly have no earthly idea why it i$ that the Mexican$ are playing all of their game$ in the United $tate$ in$tead of at home in Mexico. I mean, there are plenty of Mexican$ living and working in the U$, but what exactly i$ it that $eparate$ them from their counterpart$ in their homeland?

Comment

Originally posted by Red Cloud View Post
                    I hone$tly have no earthly idea why it i$ that the Mexican$ are playing all of their game$ in the United $tate$ in$tead of at home in Mexico. I mean, there are plenty of Mexican$ living and working in the U$, but what exactly i$ it that $eparate$ them from their counterpart$ in their homeland?
                    Obviously money... But they're barely filling some stadiums halfway. I feel like playing Portugal would be better in Azteca than in Boston.

1966, 1986, 2007

Comment

Unable to watch today's friendly, but online bloggers are ripping the US pretty good for atrocious defense. 1-0 Ukraine after 30 minutes and lucky to be that, from what they say.
                      "Hope is a good thing; maybe the best of things."

"Beer is a sign that God loves us and wants us to be happy." -- Benjamin Franklin

"Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy, which sustained him through temporary periods of joy." -- W. B. Yeats

"People generally are most impatient with those flaws in others about which they are most ashamed of in themselves." - folk wisdom

Comment

It's been pretty awful. Should probably be 3-0 or 4-0.

1966, 1986, 2007

Comment

Originally posted by Spartanforlife4 View Post
                          Obviously money... But they're barely filling some stadiums halfway. I feel like playing Portugal would be better in Azteca than in Boston.
                          Sizable Portuguese population in the Providence-Fall River-New Bedford area.

Also a significantly less risk of being kidnapped, beheaded, and dissolved in acid.

Comment

Well, at least we know who not to bring to the World Cup.
                            U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
                            Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
                            I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
                            But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
                            Originally posted by Doyle Woody
                            Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

World Cup tune-up matches announced:

The U.S. men’s national team will meet Azerbaijan, Turkey and Nigeria in its send-off series of friendlies right before the World Cup, SI.com has learned.

The Azerbaijan game is set to take place at Candlestick Park in San Francisco on May 27. The Turkey game will happen in Harrison, N.J., at Red Bull Arena on June 1, and the Nigeria game will take place in Jacksonville, Fla., at EverBank Field on June 7. The USA is slated to depart for Sao Paulo, where it will be based in Brazil for the World Cup, the following day
                              "Hope is a good thing; maybe the best of things."

"Beer is a sign that God loves us and wants us to be happy." -- Benjamin Franklin

"Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy, which sustained him through temporary periods of joy." -- W. B. Yeats

"People generally are most impatient with those flaws in others about which they are most ashamed of in themselves." - folk wisdom

Comment

Oh sure. Of course the match they're playing here is on my anniversary.
                                Cornell University Men's Hockey
                                NCAA Champions: 1967, 1970
                                ECAC Champions: 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010, 2024
                                Ivy League Champions: 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2024

Comment

Working...
                                X