This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: World Soccer XXV - the run up to the World Cup

It's all gone quiet in Portland. Seattle beats Portland 4-2. Seattle played two games in Portland, scored 4 goals in both.
    U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
    Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
    I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
    But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
    Originally posted by Doyle Woody
    Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

Tim Howard will make his season debut as an NBCSN commentator for tomorrow's Liverpool-Man City match. NBCSN will devote 3 hours of pregame coverage to the match, starting at Noon EST.

Comment

Surprised we haven't gotten comments on Jermaine Jones to the Revs. Don't get me wrong as I like the MLS, but the only way the national team gets better is if our good players try to make a go out of it Europe. I'm not a Euro hipster, but I know we've got to test ourselves vs. the best of the best.
        Twitter: DanMountSports
        2013-14 DIII T.O.P. NIT Champion

2010-2011 Interlock LPS Co-Champion

Well, I'm going to do a farewell tour of upstate New York, hellholes like Plattsburgh. Fred Armisen as Gov. Paterson

"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes." - The Doctor (Tom Baker)

Team I Like NFL: BUF NBA: NYK MLB: SEA NHL: NYR College Hockey: Clarkson (DI) Oswego (D3) Soccer: USA, Man United, Rangers (newco and all), Scotland NCAAF & B: SU

Comment

Originally posted by MountieBoyOz View Post
          Surprised we haven't gotten comments on Jermaine Jones to the Revs. Don't get me wrong as I like the MLS, but the only way the national team gets better is if our good players try to make a go out of it Europe. I'm not a Euro hipster, but I know we've got to test ourselves vs. the best of the best.
          Jones will be too old to factor into the 2018 World Cup team. Might as well capitalize on whatever minor celebrity he's earned.
          Originally posted by dicaslover
          Yep, you got it. I heart Maize.

Originally posted by Kristin
          Maybe I'm missing something but you just asked me which MSU I go to and then you knew the theme of my homecoming, how do you know one and not the other?

Western College Hockey Blog

Comment

Yeah, Jones isn't likely to climb any higher in Europe, so I can understand that side of it.

The story to me is how MLS handles distributing these players.
            If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet View Post
              Yeah, Jones isn't likely to climb any higher in Europe, so I can understand that side of it.

The story to me is how MLS handles distributing these players.
              That they need to stop handling it and just let it happen now that DPs exist? Also, I think getting players like Jones in MLS will be good for the next generation. A player like him shoeing other guys how it's done can only help things for the MLS.
              Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
                That they need to stop handling it and just let it happen now that DPs exist? Also, I think getting players like Jones in MLS will be good for the next generation. A player like him shoeing other guys how it's done can only help things for the MLS.
                I can see that. I don't think that Seattle really is the best place for Clint Dempsey (aside from personal reasons), but Clint Dempsey in Seattle might be a great thing for the Yedlins of the world.
                If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

Can somebody explain the odd results in the League Cup? I gather the BPL sides look at it as a chance to play some of their reserves??
                  CCT '77 & '78
                  4 kids
                  5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                  1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                  - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
                    Can somebody explain the odd results in the League Cup? I gather the BPL sides look at it as a chance to play some of their reserves??
                    That and Van Gaal makes Moyes look like SAF.

Well, I'm going to do a farewell tour of upstate New York, hellholes like Plattsburgh. Fred Armisen as Gov. Paterson

"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes." - The Doctor (Tom Baker)

Team I Like NFL: BUF NBA: NYK MLB: SEA NHL: NYR College Hockey: Clarkson (DI) Oswego (D3) Soccer: USA, Man United, Rangers (newco and all), Scotland NCAAF & B: SU

Comment

US friendly in Czech Republic. Young lineup with Gyau, Green, Corona, Bedoya, Brooks, and Diskerud all in a 4-3-3 lineup.
                      I spell Failure with UAF

But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
                      Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

In MLS news, Seattle leads Chivas USA 4-0.

In the first half.

First place > Last place it seems.
                        I spell Failure with UAF

Comment

Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
                          US friendly in Czech Republic. Young lineup with Gyau, Green, Corona, Bedoya, Brooks, and Diskerud all in a 4-3-3 lineup.
                          Sounds like it was a good game for the US youth squad. I didn't get to watch it but from the write-up I read, it sounds like the younger players don't know that they are not supposed to be good enough, and so when the Coach says, "do this" they try it and it works.
                          "Hope is a good thing; maybe the best of things."

"Beer is a sign that God loves us and wants us to be happy." -- Benjamin Franklin

"Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy, which sustained him through temporary periods of joy." -- W. B. Yeats

"People generally are most impatient with those flaws in others about which they are most ashamed of in themselves." - folk wisdom

Comment

So Sepp is running for a fifth term? If he gets elected, the Islamic State has a better shot of hosting a World Cup than USA or England.

Comment

Originally posted by MountieBoyOz View Post
                              So Sepp is running for a fifth term? If he gets elected, the Islamic State has a better shot of hosting a World Cup than USA or England.
                              I thought I read somewhere today that Sepp would like the USA to submit a bid to host for 2026.

England, on the other hand, is looking like it can go pound sand. Maybe Scotland & Ireland should give it a go?
                              CCT '77 & '78
                              4 kids
                              5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                              1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                              - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

• Originally posted by joecct View Post
                                I thought I read somewhere today that Sepp would like the USA to submit a bid to host for 2026.
                                And US Soccer President Sunil Gulati has said not until the bid process is overhauled.

So that's a no.
                                Last edited by Jimjamesak; 09-08-2014, 05:57 PM.
                                I spell Failure with UAF

Comment

Working...
                                X