• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jimjamesak
    replied
    Originally posted by FreshFish View Post
    Hmm..

SONY dropped their sponsorship of FIFA partly over the latest set of scandals, and now VISA is considering the same move.
    Samsung may supposedly replace Sony but don't expect a replacement for Visa since, you know, Mastercard sued FIFA years ago...

Emirates Air also dropped their sponsorship, but 3 guesses which airline is in line to replace them...
    Last edited by Jimjamesak; 11-26-2014, 07:06 PM.

Leave a comment:

• FreshFish
    replied
    Re: World Soccer XXV - the run up to the World Cup

Hmm..

SONY dropped their sponsorship of FIFA partly over the latest set of scandals, and now VISA is considering the same move.

Several FIFA sponsors are growing rankled over how world soccer’s governing body has handled its investigation into the bidding for the 2018 and 2022 World Cup tournaments.

Following a Wall Street Journal report that Sony won’t renew its FIFA sponsorship partly due to the controversy surrounding the probe, credit-card giant Visa said in a statement it was “troubled by the recent events surrounding FIFA.”

Leave a comment:

• Jimjamesak
    replied

Eastern Conference Final on NBC right now, pretty good game between New York and New England.

Western starts at 5 EST on ESPN.

Leave a comment:

• hockeyplayer1015
    replied

Don't know if this has been posted or seen, but here's a pretty hilarious parody video.

https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v...779245&fref=nf
    Last edited by hockeyplayer1015; 11-21-2014, 09:54 AM.

Leave a comment:

• MountieBoyOz
    replied

From the Unnecessary litigation file

http://blog.foxsoccer.com/post/10314...scom:foxsoccer

Leave a comment:

• Jimjamesak
    replied
    Originally posted by jmh View Post
    How do you gauge whether he's ready for the international level without seeing him play at the international level?

Cameron was a pretty good Premier League right back last year. The idea that he's not better than Yedlin is kind of absurd. Yedlin has great potential but he's not there yet, any more than Green who you think has no place in the squad.
    Green has played at the international level and only showed a sliver of skill, the rest of the time he's been timid and out of his depth.

Yedlin is better than Cameron right now, he's faster, croses better, only at 1 on 1 defending does Cameron have a case.

The difference between Yedlin and Green is that Yedlin is a regular starter on his club's first team and undoubtedly the best player at his position in the league. Green meanwhile has a whopping 4 games at the professional level, he's not ready.

Leave a comment:

• jmh
    replied

Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
    Green is a massive waste of time. He's not ready for the International level. He needs time to develop and that's his club's responsibility, not Jurgen's. Keep tabs, integrate him into the YNT structure, and come back later, he's not going anywhere now that he's cap tied.
    How do you gauge whether he's ready for the international level without seeing him play at the international level?

Cameron was a pretty good Premier League right back last year. The idea that he's not better than Yedlin is kind of absurd. Yedlin has great potential but he's not there yet, any more than Green who you think has no place in the squad.
    Last edited by jmh; 11-20-2014, 11:27 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Jimjamesak
    replied
    Well, look, I don't get why he likes moving around Cameron and Chandler and Johnson either. Cameron's been sort of a utility player for Stoke, though he played basically the full Premier League season last year at right back. He was injured earlier in the year, but before that he was more or less our first choice center back in the World Cup, and that didn't turn out all that badly. You can only play one right back, and Cameron is taller than the other guys, so... I can't really see the gripe with him. Fabian Johnson played right back in the Bundesliga last year. Chandler plays right back in the Bundesliga. Like I said, you can only play one right back. I still don't get why he moves Chandler to the left rather than Johnson, but they're our two best full backs (or maybe two of the top three along with Chandler), so in general it's a minor gripe; better either of them than ****ing Beasley playing defender again.
    Cameron was a complete mess at CB this week and he's not our best RB (he's behind Johnson and Yedlin). Maybe Cameron can get it together before next summer. As for Chandler, he's no good and I don't see why he keeps getting time beyond the fact he's German. And don't knock Beasley, he did a * good job at the World Cup.

Morales plays in the 2.Bundesliga, yes, but plays every match for a team that looks like a decent early bet to get promoted. What's wrong with that? Better than sitting on the bench at Hertha.
    What's wrong is he a)couldn't do anything to help hold possession and b)greatly contributed to our left side being toruched by Ireland, actually the Ireland B team. Fine, he got playing time and it didn't work, which means we wasted more time on a German-American kid instead of giving somebody else a chance. At the very least, call in some MLS players at the same spot and make them compete, but we don't even get that, Klinsmann just assumes "playing in Germany = better" which is the root of these problems.

What's wrong with Diskerud over Nguyen? Diskerud is legit good, probably our best creative midfielder if Bradley isn't called in, and four years younger than Nguyen, and starts for a team that just ran off nine wins in ten matches to end their season. And Nguyen has playoff games to prepare for, and if he were on your team you'd be happy he wasn't risking injury playing lots of minutes in meaningless friendlies. (Yes, it's odd to fly him over and then not play him, and I'd rather have seen Hyndman in the squad again.)
    Why Nguyen? Because Diskerud is actually pretty terrible at being the outlet guy, he can poach but actually getting the ball in the middle and holding possession he can't, and has had plenty chances to change that. Nguyen meanwhile is an unknown quantity at the International level, why not give him a shot?

Now, I don't like any player in the MLS Playoffs being called in, so Nguyen, Jones, and Yedlin should've been left off. But if you do, actually play the guys. Otherwise it's a waste of time.

Green is a massive prospect. Wood is an od choice, I'll give you that.
    Green is a massive waste of time. He's not ready for the International level. He needs time to develop and that's his club's responsibility, not Jurgen's. Keep tabs, integrate him into the YNT structure, and come back later, he's not going anywhere now that he's cap tied.

Leave a comment:

• jmh
    replied

Wood, Green, and then jamming in Johnson, Cameron and Chandler out of position. Morales who plays in the 2 Bundesliga? Diskerud (who's considering an MLS move) over Nguyen as well. That's the problem I have. He calls these MLS guys in, in the middle of the playoffs, and either doesn't play them or plays them out of position. He doesn't know whiskeytangofoxtrot he's doing.

He wants to try out young players but won't give non-playoff MLS kids a chance?
    Well, look, I don't get why he likes moving around Cameron and Chandler and Johnson either. Cameron's been sort of a utility player for Stoke, though he played basically the full Premier League season last year at right back. He was injured earlier in the year, but before that he was more or less our first choice center back in the World Cup, and that didn't turn out all that badly. You can only play one right back, and Cameron is taller than the other guys, so... I can't really see the gripe with him. Fabian Johnson played right back in the Bundesliga last year. Chandler plays right back in the Bundesliga. Like I said, you can only play one right back. I still don't get why he moves Chandler to the left rather than Johnson, but they're our two best full backs (or maybe two of the top three along with Chandler), so in general it's a minor gripe; better either of them than ****ing Beasley playing defender again.

Morales plays in the 2.Bundesliga, yes, but plays every match for a team that looks like a decent early bet to get promoted. What's wrong with that? Better than sitting on the bench at Hertha.

What's wrong with Diskerud over Nguyen? Diskerud is legit good, probably our best creative midfielder if Bradley isn't called in, and four years younger than Nguyen, and starts for a team that just ran off nine wins in ten matches to end their season. And Nguyen has playoff games to prepare for, and if he were on your team you'd be happy he wasn't risking injury playing lots of minutes in meaningless friendlies. (Yes, it's odd to fly him over and then not play him, and I'd rather have seen Hyndman in the squad again.)

Green is a massive prospect. Wood is an od choice, I'll give you that.

Leave a comment:

• Shirtless Guy
    replied

Wood, Green, and then jamming in Johnson, Cameron and Chandler out of position. Morales who plays in the 2 Bundesliga? Diskerud (who's considering an MLS move) over Nguyen as well. That's the problem I have. He calls these MLS guys in, in the middle of the playoffs, and either doesn't play them or plays them out of position. He doesn't know whiskeytangofoxtrot he's doing.

Yeah I don't really understand the whole "giving young guys a try" and then turning around playing Wondo for even a minute. How does that help us build for the next cycle?

Leave a comment:

• Jimjamesak
    replied
    Sure, but do you schlep them over to Europe for a friendly to play instead of Diskerud who's already based there anyway? Why? Or I guess maybe instead of Beckerman, who I assume must have pictures of Klinsmann in a compromising situation, but that doesn't really go to your point about MLS players vs. Europe-based players. Or did you mean instead of Bedoya or Morales? Both of them play regularly for their clubs too, as does Rubin.

Last edited by Jimjamesak; 11-19-2014, 03:46 PM.

Leave a comment:

• jmh
    replied

Not Bill Hamid. More like Trapp and Gil.
    Sure, but do you schlep them over to Europe for a friendly to play instead of Diskerud who's already based there anyway? Why? Or I guess maybe instead of Beckerman, who I assume must have pictures of Klinsmann in a compromising situation, but that doesn't really go to your point about MLS players vs. Europe-based players. Or did you mean instead of Bedoya or Morales? Both of them play regularly for their clubs too, as does Rubin.

Leave a comment:

• Jimjamesak
    replied
    Woohoo, Bill Hamid!
    Not Bill Hamid. More like Trapp and Gil.

Leave a comment:

• jmh
    replied

Yes, but there are players not in the playoffs that could be playing.
    Woohoo, Bill Hamid!

Leave a comment:

• Jimjamesak
    replied
    Weren't you complaining last week that he called in Yedlin during the MLS playoffs?
    Yes, but there are players not in the playoffs that could be playing.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X