X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Super Bowl XLVIII and NFL Thread: Sherman's March to Jersey

Originally posted by SJHovey View Post
    I can take a guess.
    because otherwise this seems to be about ego and teh lulz when you know a certain amount will be eaten by the lawyers.
    BS UML '04, PhD UConn '09

Jerseys I would like to have:
    Skating Friar Jersey
    AIC Yellowjacket Jersey w/ Yellowjacket logo on front
    UAF Jersey w/ Polar Bear on Front
    Army Black Knight logo jersey

NCAA Men's Division 1 Simulation Primer

Comment

Good old Tony Dungy. Keyshawn, Sapp, and Vick aren't distractions, but Michael Sam is.
      "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

Originally posted by bronconick View Post
        Good old Tony Dungy. Keyshawn, Sapp, and Vick aren't distractions, but Michael Sam is.
        This will come out wrong, but I hope you know what I mean. The OMG GAYZ! thing is the flavor of the day. The showboating, criminal activity, etc, is a common occurrence. Therefore, not really a distraction, you know? It's sad, but also has truth in it.
        Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
        Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Probably. I totally forgot about Marvin Harrison, too.
          "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Comment

Probably. I totally forgot about Marvin Harrison, too.
            And that Rams guy who, you know, killed someone when drunk driving, and Ray Lewis, and the Vikings' Caligula scandal, and Irsay being all hopped up on drugs...
            Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
            Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Broncos owner Pat Bowlen has Alzheimer's, will give up day-to-day control.
              FERRIS STATE UNIVERSITY: 2012 FROZEN FOUR

God, that was fun...

Comment

CBS football stuff...
                http://awfulannouncing.com/2014/what...on-cbs-in-2014
                CCT '77 & '78
                4 kids
                5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

• Originally posted by bronconick View Post
                  This is a news story because reporters want it to be. And yes, it is a distraction and those players were worth more than said distraction. It remains unclear if mr sam will even be that good.

As awful as it may be, the guy has to win football games. Even if he has grace under fire if the team can't deal with it and they lose it's "say better grace, because you're going to be fired"

Fair is another thing altogether.
                  BS UML '04, PhD UConn '09

Jerseys I would like to have:
                  Skating Friar Jersey
                  AIC Yellowjacket Jersey w/ Yellowjacket logo on front
                  UAF Jersey w/ Polar Bear on Front
                  Army Black Knight logo jersey

NCAA Men's Division 1 Simulation Primer

Comment

My take is Dungy can say what he wants. However, it is within anyone's right to mock for what comes out of his mouth. It goes both ways. Believe me, I've said plenty of dumb stuff on this board.
                    Twitter: DanMountSports
                    2013-14 DIII T.O.P. NIT Champion

2010-2011 Interlock LPS Co-Champion

Well, I'm going to do a farewell tour of upstate New York, hellholes like Plattsburgh. Fred Armisen as Gov. Paterson

"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes." - The Doctor (Tom Baker)

Team I Like NFL: BUF NBA: NYK MLB: SEA NHL: NYR College Hockey: Clarkson (DI) Oswego (D3) Soccer: USA, Man United, Rangers (newco and all), Scotland NCAAF & B: SU

Comment

I think Sapp was already in Tampa when Dungy was hired, and I don't think Vick ever played for Dungy. By and large I think Dungy tried to avoid the high profile "trouble" players during his career.

I don't think Tony was implying in any way that Michael Sam, or gays in general, should not be drafted by NFL teams. His statement was that he would have passed because of the potential distractions. As someone else posted, it's his job to win football games, not make moves for human rights purposes. I would guess Tony is not the only coach who would have, or did, pass on drafting Michael Sam for that same reason.

There always has to be a "first" person, whether it's a first openly gay player or a first African American head coach. I am sure Tony is as sensitive as anyone to the idea that someone has to be given a chance to open the doors to those that follow (like Tony Dungy).

I suspect Dungy's tune would have been different if Michael Sam had the talent of say Clowney. Branch Rickey made Jackie Robinson the first in MLB in part because the guy was just an outstanding talent, and he understood that fans, first and foremost, want their team to win.
                      That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

TWO games for Ray Rice? Are you kidding me NFL?
                        Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
                          So apparently smoking weed is eight times worse than beating your significant other.
                          Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

Originally posted by Spartanforlife4 View Post
                            So apparently smoking weed is eight times worse than beating your significant other.
                            I don't think we can compare the drug policy with this, but comparing Terrelle Pryor's suspension works. The drug policy is in the CBA, the rest of this is separate.
                            Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

• Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
                              The Iron Fist isn't as stern when fists are involved, I see.
                              If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
                                I don't think we can compare the drug policy with this, but comparing Terrelle Pryor's suspension works. The drug policy is in the CBA, the rest of this is separate.
                                Yeah, the proper comparison is to the 5 game suspension Terrelle Pryor got for selling memorabilia in college that the NFL enforced.

Comment

Working...
                                X