Super Bowl XLVIII and NFL Thread: Sherman's March to Jersey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Super Bowl XLVIII and NFL Thread: Sherman's March to Jersey

The only way this could be lulzier is if he had waited until the Vikings went 9-7 and snagged a wild card spot. But he's said he doesn't want to do that.
    Michigan Tech Huskies Pep Band: There's No Use Trying To Talk. No Human Sound Can Stand Up To This. Loud Enough To Knock You Down.

Comment

Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
      Not really, I'd say the Vikings are being *holes for not releasing the full report and then trying to embarrass Kluwe by releasing the Sandusky stuff. Kluwe is just being an *hole back.
      Yeah, the Vikes screwed the pooch on this.

I also was referring to a more general status involving Kluwe's non-trivial rants; not just the Vikes-specific one.
      Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
      Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

• Originally posted by Twitch Boy View Post
        The only way this could be lulzier is if he had waited until the Vikings went 9-7 and snagged a wild card spot. But he's said he doesn't want to do that.
        Yeah he seems to be more towards shaming the organization/coaching staff than the players.
        U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
        Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
        I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
        But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
        Originally posted by Doyle Woody
        Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

• Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
          Yeah, the Vikes screwed the pooch on this.

I also was referring to a more general status involving Kluwe's non-trivial rants; not just the Vikes-specific one.
          Ah ok, I don't pay too much attention to Kluwe or Twitter in general. The last thing I saw Kluwe in was a promotion video for a new Magic set.
          U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
          Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
          I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
          But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
          Originally posted by Doyle Woody
          Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
            Not really, I'd say the Vikings are being *holes for not releasing the full report and then trying to embarrass Kluwe by releasing the Sandusky stuff. Kluwe is just being an *hole back.
            Except the other day I am positive there was a story from one of his lawyer's saying they had an agreement on both sides not to release the full report.

Edit, not an agreement it seems but his lawyer does say a few days ago that the entire report should not be released:

http://abc13.com/sports/mike-priefer...-games/199345/

A quote from the story:

"In an email obtained by ESPN from a source close to the investigation, Kluwe's attorney, Clayton Halunen, told Madel on July 8 he did not think the independent report -- which includes a 150-page summary, footnotes and interview transcripts among other evidence -- should be made public, instead arguing for an executive summary of the findings."
            Last edited by Scott W; 07-20-2014, 12:56 PM.

Comment

The Chris Kluwe "Minutes of Fame" timer currently reads 17 minutes.
              The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

His lawyers don't want it released I suspect because the findings will prove just as embarrassing for Kluwe. His shock jock shtick has just about wore out its welcome. He'll always have Warcraft I guess.

Comment

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
                  His lawyers don't want it released I suspect because the findings will prove just as embarrassing for Kluwe.
                  That would pretty much be the only reason why. Otherwise, he's got nothing to lose and should welcome the report's release.

Kluwe is a hypocritical fraud and the clock is about to strike midnight on everyone's hagiography of him, plain and simple.

Comment

Hypocrite or not, doesn't mean he's wrong.

And I'm not sure why everyone isn't excited for this dumpster fire to have a couple fans of gas thrown on it. It's going to be spectacular.
                    Code:
                    As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                    College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                    BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                    Originally posted by SanTropez
                    May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                    Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                    I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                    Originally posted by Kepler
                    When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                    He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
                      His lawyers don't want it released I suspect because the findings will prove just as embarrassing for Kluwe. His shock jock shtick has just about wore out its welcome. He'll always have Warcraft I guess.
                      I mean, for all of us following from the outside... I have to imagine that Kluwe drove others around him nuts and not just about the gay marriage bit. NFL prima donnas don't last long unless they can do something others can't.

edit: reading more... wow... may need an industrial popcorn popper for this one. He's going full nuclear diva... and I'm not sure there's any other way to read that one. This is reading more like a pout session... does he have any capacity for self-reflection?
                      Last edited by Patman; 07-20-2014, 10:35 PM.
                      BS UML '04, PhD UConn '09

Jerseys I would like to have:
                      Skating Friar Jersey
                      AIC Yellowjacket Jersey w/ Yellowjacket logo on front
                      UAF Jersey w/ Polar Bear on Front
                      Army Black Knight logo jersey

NCAA Men's Division 1 Simulation Primer

Comment

The thing with Kluwe is, he CAN be awesomely hilarious, which is what he SHOULD do on his Tweeter. His live-tweeting movies is classic. However, when he gets on a "serious" mission, he beats it to death with over-the-top statements that are utterly ridiculous, even if you agree with the basic thing he is saying. THAT part needs to stop. It actually detracts from what he wants to say.
                        Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                          The thing with Kluwe is, he CAN be awesomely hilarious, which is what he SHOULD do on his Tweeter. His live-tweeting movies is classic. However, when he gets on a "serious" mission, he beats it to death with over-the-top statements that are utterly ridiculous, even if you agree with the basic thing he is saying. THAT part needs to stop. It actually detracts from what he wants to say.
                          Yeah, I'm not sure what he's trying to get accomplished? Probably trying to get paid to go away, yes?
                          BS UML '04, PhD UConn '09

Jerseys I would like to have:
                          Skating Friar Jersey
                          AIC Yellowjacket Jersey w/ Yellowjacket logo on front
                          UAF Jersey w/ Polar Bear on Front
                          Army Black Knight logo jersey

NCAA Men's Division 1 Simulation Primer

Comment

Originally posted by Patman View Post
                            Yeah, I'm not sure what he's trying to get accomplished? Probably trying to get paid to go away, yes?
                            He doesn't need the money. Besides his NFL money and public speaking gigs, he has a gaming store. And he's said that any payout from this will go to charity.

Comment

I'd say it's much more likely that he's in love with the sound of his own voice.

Comment

I can take a guess.

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                                He doesn't need the money. Besides his NFL money and public speaking gigs, he has a gaming store. And he's said that any payout from this will go to charity.
                                That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

Working...
                                X