Super Bowl XLVIII and NFL Thread: Sherman's March to Jersey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Spartanforlife4 View Post
    I just looked up Native American slurs, and I feel like a lot of them are made up because I've heard maybe 10% of them. Also, apparently Wahoo is one. And the Indians already getting away from him. Starting this season they've deemphasized Chief Wahoo's appearance within the franchise.
    Somebody pointed out that there are a lot offensive trademarks out there using objectionable and foul language.

So once again, it seems more about the politics than anything else.
    BS UML '04, PhD UConn '09

Jerseys I would like to have:
    Skating Friar Jersey
    AIC Yellowjacket Jersey w/ Yellowjacket logo on front
    UAF Jersey w/ Polar Bear on Front
    Army Black Knight logo jersey

NCAA Men's Division 1 Simulation Primer

Comment

• Re: Super Bowl XLVIII and NFL Thread: Sherman's March to Jersey

Originally posted by Patman View Post
      Somebody pointed out that there are a lot offensive trademarks out there using objectionable and foul language.

So once again, it seems more about the politics than anything else.
      How about we just call the team the Washington Taxes and offend everyone!
      Uncle Mickey: July 23, 1950-July 22, 2003

WRPI, 91.5 FM...usually color commentary.

Comment

Originally posted by bronconick View Post
        This might be an interesting twist.

http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2014/6/1...ied-dan-snyder
        You would have to think that sooner or later its going to cost Synder too much money to defend using the name and that he would make a craptonne of cash from rebranding the Washington DC NFL franchise.
        bueller: Why is the sunset good? Why are boobs good? Why does Positrack work? Why does Ferris lose on the road and play dead at home?

It just happens.

nmupiccdiva: I'm sorry I missed you this weekend! I thought I saw you at the football game, but I didn't want to go up to a complete stranger and ask "are you Monster?" and have it not be you!

leswp1: you need the Monster to fix you

Life is active, find Balance!massage therapy Ann Arbor

Comment

Snyder already trademarked the name "Washington Warriors" when all this began. That's going to be the new name.

Comment

Originally posted by RaceBoarder View Post
            Hello knockoff T-shirts
            Create knock off t-shirts at your own risk. You don't need the trademark to have the name and logo protected. Getting the trademark just eliminates your need to prove at trial that you've always used that logo or name in a commercial manner. Basically, it establishes that "fact" for you. But how hard is it going to be for the Washington Redskins to demonstrate a commercial use of that name and logo?
            That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

When told about this, Snyder said "screw you, you'll have to Sioux me."
              "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

Did he shout that from a Little Bighorn?
                Twitter: DanMountSports
                2013-14 DIII T.O.P. NIT Champion

2010-2011 Interlock LPS Co-Champion

Well, I'm going to do a farewell tour of upstate New York, hellholes like Plattsburgh. Fred Armisen as Gov. Paterson

"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes." - The Doctor (Tom Baker)

Team I Like NFL: BUF NBA: NYK MLB: SEA NHL: NYR College Hockey: Clarkson (DI) Oswego (D3) Soccer: USA, Man United, Rangers (newco and all), Scotland NCAAF & B: SU

Comment

• Originally posted by MountieBoyOz View Post
                  Did he shout that from a Little Bighorn?
                  This is going to mess up reruns of F-Troop.
                  CCT '77 & '78
                  4 kids
                  5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                  1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                  - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Now you're just being hostile and abusive.
                    If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

Keep telling me how the Bills aren't snakebitten.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/11...season-workout

Well, I'm going to do a farewell tour of upstate New York, hellholes like Plattsburgh. Fred Armisen as Gov. Paterson

"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes." - The Doctor (Tom Baker)

Team I Like NFL: BUF NBA: NYK MLB: SEA NHL: NYR College Hockey: Clarkson (DI) Oswego (D3) Soccer: USA, Man United, Rangers (newco and all), Scotland NCAAF & B: SU

Comment

Originally posted by MountieBoyOz View Post
                        Keep telling me how the Bills aren't snakebitten.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/11...season-workout
                        I'm pretty sure what people are telling you is that we are sick of hearing constant annoying *****ing about the Bills. The might be "snakebitten" its just that 99.9% of us just don't give a ****.
                        Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
                          I'm pretty sure what people are telling you is that we are sick of hearing constant annoying *****ing about the Bills. The might be "snakebitten" its just that 99.9% of us just don't give a ****.
                          So it's OK for you to cry about the Vikings, but I can't about the Bills. Glad to see a double standard is alive and well.

The owner dies, the best QB in team history has cancer, an anchor of the D-line gets arrested... twice, the team hasn't made the playoffs since Bill Clinton was in charge and now Alonso is out, but I can't complain. The Lions thread is full of belly-aching, but you don't feel the need to tell them to quiet down. Makes sense.

Comment

So it's OK for you to cry about the Vikings, but I can't about the Bills. Glad to see a double standard is alive and well.

The owner dies, the best QB in team history has cancer, an anchor of the D-line gets arrested... twice, the team hasn't made the playoffs since Bill Clinton was in charge and now Alonso is out, but I can't complain. The Lions thread is full of belly-aching, but you don't feel the need to tell them to quiet down. Makes sense.
                            They're bellyaching in the LIONS thread. Feel free to complain all you want in the Bills thread. And you still don't get it on the Vikings. We don't complain about them, we rip on them. 95% of the time, they're the butt of the joke their own fans are making. If you believe for 1 second that I care enough about the Vikings to actually get upset about anything they do, you're sorely mistaken. I do love to make fun of their idiocy though.
                            Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
                              They're bellyaching in the LIONS thread. Feel free to complain all you want in the Bills thread. And you still don't get it on the Vikings. We don't complain about them, we rip on them. 95% of the time, they're the butt of the joke their own fans are making. If you believe for 1 second that I care enough about the Vikings to actually get upset about anything they do, you're sorely mistaken. I do love to make fun of their idiocy though.
                              The Bills have taken idiocy to anything beyond you guys. I may not even have them if that fake rock star Bon Jovi gets his way. I can barely even watch football because this team has sucked the life out of me. I only watch because I rule at fantasy football. No fan base deserves to have so much go against them... well except the Cowboys, Eagles, Pats and Redskins. I just wish NFL season was over. My team can't even tank the season as the Browns have the team's pick from the Sammy Watkins trade.

Comment

The Bills have taken idiocy to anything beyond you guys. I may not even have them if that fake rock star Bon Jovi gets his way. I can barely even watch football because this team has sucked the life out of me. I only watch because I rule at fantasy football. No fan base deserves to have so much go against them... well except the Cowboys, Eagles, Pats and Redskins. I just wish NFL season was over. My team can't even tank the season as the Browns have the team's pick from the Sammy Watkins trade.
                                You take it way too seriously.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Working...
                                X