Super Bowl XLVIII and NFL Thread: Sherman's March to Jersey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Super Bowl XLVIII and NFL Thread: Sherman's March to Jersey

Even Earl Weaver and Lee Elia were shaking their heads after Uncle Burnsie's rant.
    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Not only were his rants awesome, but the KQ Morning Show was at its peak then and did some great Jerry Burns bits, including him reading Christmas stories to kids.

Comment

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
        Not only were his rants awesome, but the KQ Morning Show was at its peak then and did some great Jerry Burns bits, including him reading Christmas stories to kids.
        The 3 *ing Bears: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m9wUd6xVPxk
        Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
        Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

No "L" in the Super Bowl. http://www.wcvb.com/sports/nfl-tweak...20News)#!UBjy9
          CCT '77 & '78
          4 kids
          5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
          1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
          - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
            My team has supplied plenty of Super Bowl "Ls."
            Twitter: DanMountSports
            2013-14 DIII T.O.P. NIT Champion

2010-2011 Interlock LPS Co-Champion

Well, I'm going to do a farewell tour of upstate New York, hellholes like Plattsburgh. Fred Armisen as Gov. Paterson

"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes." - The Doctor (Tom Baker)

Team I Like NFL: BUF NBA: NYK MLB: SEA NHL: NYR College Hockey: Clarkson (DI) Oswego (D3) Soccer: USA, Man United, Rangers (newco and all), Scotland NCAAF & B: SU

Comment

That's an interesting decision by the NF-50
              "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

According to the Star-Trib, the NFL looks like it's taken lesson from Don Corleone... Not that every "big event" (NCAA D-I major championships come to mind) company doesn't do the same thing...

http://www.startribune.com/local/min...1&c=y#continue
                CCT '77 & '78
                4 kids
                5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

• Originally posted by joecct View Post
                  According to the Star-Trib, the NFL looks like it's taken lesson from Don Corleone... Not that every "big event" (NCAA D-I major championships come to mind) company doesn't do the same thing...

http://www.startribune.com/local/min...1&c=y#continue
                  Drop in the bucket compared to FIFA and the World Cup.
                  U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
                  Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
                  I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
                  But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
                  Originally posted by Doyle Woody
                  Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

Of course. Ford Field had to have the same thing, otherwise why the hell would you have it in Detroit?
                    "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Comment

This might be an interesting twist.

http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2014/6/1...ied-dan-snyder

Comment

Originally posted by bronconick View Post
                        This might be an interesting twist.

http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2014/6/1...ied-dan-snyder
                        Hello knockoff T-shirts
                        It's never too early to start the Pre-game festivities

Go Cats!!! GO BLACKHAWKS!

Cuck the Fubs... Let's Go WHITE SOX!!!

Wildcat Born, Wildcat Bred....

Comment

Would the Washington Natives work?
                          Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

Originally posted by Spartanforlife4 View Post
                            Would the Washington Natives work?
                            No, that's offensive to me. I'm not an immigrant.

ETA: Look out Cleveland Indians! Chief Wahoo's going to bring you down, surely.
                            "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
                              No, that's offensive to me. I'm not an immigrant.

ETA: Look out Cleveland Indians! Chief Wahoo's going to bring you down, surely.
                              I just looked up Native American slurs, and I feel like a lot of them are made up because I've heard maybe 10% of them. Also, apparently Wahoo is one. And the Indians already getting away from him. Starting this season they've deemphasized Chief Wahoo's appearance within the franchise.
                              Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

Washington Hogs

The city cleaning team...

Government hog, business crony hog, politician hog, union hog, and big momma hog

Big momma hog usually goes around saying "it's for the children", "that's offensive", and "we must do something about it". She's often seen with her NSA approved binoculars and her log book.
                                BS UML '04, PhD UConn '09

Jerseys I would like to have:
                                Skating Friar Jersey
                                AIC Yellowjacket Jersey w/ Yellowjacket logo on front
                                UAF Jersey w/ Polar Bear on Front
                                Army Black Knight logo jersey

NCAA Men's Division 1 Simulation Primer

Comment

Working...
                                X