Super Bowl XLVIII and NFL Thread: Sherman's March to Jersey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Super Bowl XLVIII and NFL Thread: Sherman's March to Jersey

Michael Sam gets his shot in the 7th round with St. Louis.

According to the Elias Sports Bureau, Notre Dame now has the longest streak of at least one player drafted at 77 straight years. The Fighting Irish and Longhorns had entered this draft tied for the longest streaks.

These schools had one player drafted: Lindenwood, Pittsburg State, Bloomsburg (Penn.), McGill (Canada), Maine, Concordia (St. Paul), Northwest Missouri State, Saginaw Valley and Princeton.
    "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

• Originally posted by bronconick View Post
      Michael Sam gets his shot in the 7th round with St. Louis
      It's odd to me that he was so close to beig Mr. Irrelevant.

Usually the standing SEC Denfensive POY is more likely to be that close to the first pick than the last.
      If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet View Post

Usually the standing SEC Denfensive POY is more likely to be that close to the first pick than the last.
        But he haz teh gay!

(Edit: I think it's more to do with having to deal with all the media, rather than him being gay)
        Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
        Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
          But he haz teh gay!

(Edit: I think it's more to do with having to deal with all the media, rather than him being gay)
          That would be my guess at it as well. You're going to have every anti-gay wacko out there protesting about it for at least his first season. Then, well, does Sam still stay on the team, get on the field and make the stat sheet?? He blows up and is a defensive star that is always in the mix for a pro bowl selection, you'll see the occasional wacko out there protesting, but they'll really lose a lot of steam. Frankly, if I was a fan of another team in the NFC West, I would be more afraid of some brain dead idiot fan of my team making a fool of himself and my fellow fans by coming up with some really homophobic sign or something to try to get into Sam's head.
          bueller: Why is the sunset good? Why are boobs good? Why does Positrack work? Why does Ferris lose on the road and play dead at home?

It just happens.

nmupiccdiva: I'm sorry I missed you this weekend! I thought I saw you at the football game, but I didn't want to go up to a complete stranger and ask "are you Monster?" and have it not be you!

leswp1: you need the Monster to fix you

Life is active, find Balance!massage therapy Ann Arbor

Comment

Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet View Post
            Oh God, Fox News would have had a field day with that one.

From what I heard he has a hell of a motor and decent quickness, but it'll be an uphill battle for him to crack the squad. St. Louis is loaded with DBs already.
            Michigan Tech Huskies Pep Band: There's No Use Trying To Talk. No Human Sound Can Stand Up To This. Loud Enough To Knock You Down.

Comment

• Originally posted by Twitch Boy View Post
              but it'll be an uphill battle for him to crack the squad.
              http://m.quickmeme.com/img/27/279af1e2564b709adc8adb7bf4c2df3605906c143c472dd1df 3b0027af5dacb0.jpg
              Last edited by ExileOnDaytonStreet; 05-11-2014, 12:47 AM.
              If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

Originally posted by Twitch Boy View Post
                From what I heard he has a hell of a motor and decent quickness, but it'll be an uphill battle for him to crack the squad. St. Louis is loaded with DBs already.
                Then he should be in good shape considering he isn't a defensive back.
                I wish I am able to live long enough to do all the things I was attributed to.

Comment

Originally posted by ShirtlessBob View Post
                  Not a good day for Cleveland Brown receivers. First Josh Gordon is facing a year-long suspension for marijuana usage, and Nate Burleson breaks his arm... again. Unlike last year, there was no pizza involved.
                  Well, of all the teams to draft Manziel, I said Cleveland could be one of the worst. I basically said, "Well, looks like the Browns just drafted Manziel as their new RB." Now it looks to be even more true... Yikes.
                  Code:
                  As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                  College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                  BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                  Originally posted by SanTropez
                  May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                  Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                  I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                  Originally posted by Kepler
                  When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                  He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

It's being said that he has a quick first step, but lacks overall speed, and is small for a down lineman in the NFL.

Too much is being made of him being SEC Defensive PotY, IMO. 9 of his 11.5 sacks came from 3 games against Arkansas St., Vanderbilt, and Florida. His combine numbers were in line with a DB, not a DE. He seems like a special teamer to me, maybe an ILB....

NFL.com projected him as 7th round to Priority free agent.
                    Jordan Kawaguchi for Hobey!!
                    Originally posted by Quizmire
                    mns, this is why i love you.

Originally posted by Markt
                    MNS - forking genius.

Originally posted by asterisk hat
                    MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

Originally posted by hockeybando
                    I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

• Originally posted by Twitch Boy View Post
                      Wouldn't MSNBC be the ones who have a field day on that one? Why would fox care?
                      Code:
                      May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                      He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

I see the board has started unsubscribing threads you post to on mobile again.
                        Code:

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                          Wouldn't MSNBC be the ones who have a field day on that one? Why would fox care?
                          My inbox would be filled with:

FWD: FWD: FWD: FWD: FWD: FWD: FWD: FWD: RE: FWD: FWD: MR. IRRELEVANT HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA SUCK IT LIBTENDOS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

*picture of Calvin peeing on a pride flag*
                          Michigan Tech Huskies Pep Band: There's No Use Trying To Talk. No Human Sound Can Stand Up To This. Loud Enough To Knock You Down.

Comment

My inbox would be filled with:

FWD: FWD: FWD: FWD: FWD: FWD: FWD: FWD: RE: FWD: FWD: MR. IRRELEVANT HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA SUCK IT LIBTENDOS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

*picture of Calvin peeing on a pride flag*
                            Gotcha. Math checks out.
                            Code:

Comment

Minnesota to host 2018 Super Bowl

I was listening to the talking idiots on SportCenter (yeah, I know, my bad) and they had Indianapolis as the favorite, with the Vikings as a poor third.
                              Fighting Sioux Forever

Comment

Originally posted by MadTownSioux View Post
                                Minnesota to host 2018 Super Bowl

I was listening to the talking idiots on SportCenter (yeah, I know, my bad) and they had Indianapolis as the favorite, with the Vikings as a poor third.
                                It really could have gone to any of the three cities. Indianapolis did an absolutely great job when they hosted in 2012. New Orleans was 10 for 10 all-time when being a finalist, and is celebrating their tercentennial as a city in 2018. Minnesota got a buttload of taxpayer support for the new stadium, and the owners really like to award that. I thought that New Orleans would be one of the final two, and whoever got knocked out between Minnesota and Indy would swing their votes to the other to give that city the victory. I'm happy for the Twin Cities...now if we can only get a rule change to allow the host team to automatically play in the Super Bowl, I might be able to watch the Vikings play in a Super Bowl in my lifetime.
                                North Dakota
                                National Champions: 1959, 1963, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 2000, 2016

Comment

Working...
                                X