Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Super Bowl XLVIII and NFL Thread: Sherman's March to Jersey

Originally posted by MountieBoyOz View Post
    So it's OK for you to cry about the Vikings, but I can't about the Bills. Glad to see a double standard is alive and well.

The owner dies, the best QB in team history has cancer, an anchor of the D-line gets arrested... twice, the team hasn't made the playoffs since Bill Clinton was in charge and now Alonso is out, but I can't complain. The Lions thread is full of belly-aching, but you don't feel the need to tell them to quiet down. Makes sense.
    Dude, it's all quality over quantity. Our posts got it, yours don't.

Honestly, we spend more time telling you to call down with the end-of-days whining about the Bills than we do "cry"ing about the Vikes - which we're usually joking about as we've come to expect stupid things from the local team. And there are multiple Vikings fans here while you're the sole Bills fan posting, so you're bound to see more Vikings talk. Meanwhile, with Lions fans, why would I know what the Lions thread contains? I'm not a Lions fan. And if I did read it, it's a thread dedicated to their commiseration or celebration, whichever they'd like.
    "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
      Dude, it's all quality over quantity. Our posts got it, yours don't.

Honestly, we spend more time telling you to call down with the end-of-days whining about the Bills than we do "cry"ing about the Vikes - which we're usually joking about as we've come to expect stupid things from the local team. And there are multiple Vikings fans here while you're the sole Bills fan posting, so you're bound to see more Vikings talk. Meanwhile, with Lions fans, why would I know what the Lions thread contains? I'm not a Lions fan. And if I did read it, it's a thread dedicated to their commiseration or celebration, whichever they'd like.
      As for Lions fans, it's more commiseration than celebration. We know we suck. And things aren't likely to improve... so we're enjoying the ride.
      Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
      "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
      Patreon for exclusive writing content
      Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

Rumor has it that there are photos of Johnny Football rolling up $20s in a Vegas club bathroom floating around the net.
        Code:
        As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
        College Hockey 6       College Football 0
        BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
        Originally posted by SanTropez
        May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
        Originally posted by bigblue_dl
        I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
        Originally posted by Kepler
        When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
        He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
          Rumor has it that there are photos of Johnny Football rolling up $20s in a Vegas club bathroom floating around the net.
          http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...resting-photo/

here you go.
          Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
          Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
            Dear God, I just thought of the apocalypse.

LeBron James goes back to the Cavs... in the city where Johnny Manziel plays.

ESPN might as well open up another studio in Cleveland if that happens.
            Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

Originally posted by Spartanforlife4 View Post
              Dear God, I just thought of the apocalypse.

LeBron James goes back to the Cavs... in the city where Johnny Manziel plays.

ESPN might as well open up another studio in Cleveland if that happens.
              As human beings, we must unite and prevent the seventh seal from being broken.
              Code:
              May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
              He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

I'll leave this here.

http://deadspin.com/vikings-release-...end-1607568647
                Twitter: DanMountSports
                2013-14 DIII T.O.P. NIT Champion

2010-2011 Interlock LPS Co-Champion

Well, I'm going to do a farewell tour of upstate New York, hellholes like Plattsburgh. Fred Armisen as Gov. Paterson

"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes." - The Doctor (Tom Baker)

Team I Like NFL: BUF NBA: NYK MLB: SEA NHL: NYR College Hockey: Clarkson (DI) Oswego (D3) Soccer: USA, Man United, Rangers (newco and all), Scotland NCAAF & B: SU

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                  As human beings, we must unite and prevent the seventh seal from being broken.
                  Too late.

(We're OK unless the Indians trade for JEEEEEEEEEEEEEEETS!!!!!!!!!!111!!)
                  Cornell University
                  National Champion 1967, 1970
                  ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                  Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                    Too late.

(We're OK unless the Indians trade for JEEEEEEEEEEEEEEETS!!!!!!!!!!111!!)
                    Or they decide Johnny Football could learn from some veteran leadership, and make a strange series of phone calls to Kiln, Mississippi...
                    Michigan Tech Huskies Pep Band: There's No Use Trying To Talk. No Human Sound Can Stand Up To This. Loud Enough To Knock You Down.

Comment

• Originally posted by MountieBoyOz View Post
                      Dis gun be good...
                      http://deadspin.com/chris-kluwe-vs-t...gly-1607551863
                      U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
                      Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
                      I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
                      But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
                      Originally posted by Doyle Woody
                      Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
                        As a self-admitted fanboy (although I am tiring of his political/social stance rants), he IS a complete media whore. There is no question about that. However, he has, in the past, been doing more good than harm. That is starting to turn a little. He is trending towards "Please go away and just make randomly funny statements about trivial stuff."
                        Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                        Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

I love me a good dumpster fire. I don't care if Kluwe is a media whore. The Vikings have played this wrong (almost perfectly wrong, everyone in the PR department should have pink slips on their desk come Monday). They come out looking like a bunch of idiots. Screw 'em. Time to take the team and league down a peg or three.
                          Code:

Comment

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                            I love me a good dumpster fire. I don't care if Kluwe is a media whore. The Vikings have played this wrong (almost perfectly wrong, everyone in the PR department should have pink slips on their desk come Monday). They come out looking like a bunch of idiots. Screw 'em. Time to take the team and league down a peg or three.
                            This where I'm at. It's an entertaining dumpster fire and it's going to get bigger. Anything that hilariously uncovers dirty laundry of uptight sports leagues is fine by me.
                            I spell Failure with UAF

But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
                            Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

Originally posted by brenthoven View Post
                              that is starting to turn a little. He is trending towards "please go away and just make randomly funny statements about trivial stuff."
                              a little? I think he is well past the "please go away" point.

Comment

• Originally posted by goldy_331 View Post
                                a little? I think he is well past the "please go away" point.
                                Not really, I'd say the Vikings are being *holes for not releasing the full report and then trying to embarrass Kluwe by releasing the Sandusky stuff. Kluwe is just being an *hole back.
                                I spell Failure with UAF

Comment

Working...
                                X