Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Drinking Thread: Beer, Whiskey, Rum, Vodka, Wine - Raise a Glass, All Are Welcome!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bigblue_dl
    replied
    Re: Drinking Thread: Beer, Whiskey, Rum, Vodka, Wine - Raise a Glass, All Are Welcome

Schell's WeissBeer Sampler. Overall, quite good. I enjoyed all 4 varieties of beer in the pack, and I'd rank them in this order:

1)Weizenbock
    2)1984
    3)Dampfbier
    4)2014

Though, there wasn't much of a difference from 1-4, as they were all quite good. I'd recommend giving it a try.

Mikkeller Beer Hop Breakfast was good, though it was pretty hoppy for an oatmeal stout, but then, it does have "hop" in its name, so it isn't surprising. I liked it, but it wasn't as good as many other stouts I've tried.

New Belgium Gratzer (Lips of Faith) as just ok. It was an odd smoked beer, in that it didn't have much depth of flavor. I am used to smoked beers being multi-layered, and this was just kinda blah with a smokey flavor.

Evil Twin Hop Flood. Brent left this at my place, because it was too hoppy for him, and yes, it is quite hoppy. I will find the right time to drink it, when I'm in the mood for a really hoppy beer, and I will thoroughly enjoy it, just as to be at the right time.

Leave a comment:

• dxmnkd316
    replied
    Re: Drinking Thread: Beer, Whiskey, Rum, Vodka, Wine - Raise a Glass, All Are Welcome

Yeah, at one point there was a waiting list for my fridge downstairs. I don't think I've bought beer for that fridge in a month or two.

Leave a comment:

• bigblue_dl
    replied

Originally posted by state of hockey View Post
    It really Sounds like you have arrived at the point where more space is the best answer. My fridge is starting to fill up with great beers. The girlfriend says I should drink some before getting more, I honestly feel like another fridge is the best option.
    This was my problem, except not the fridge, I keep all of my beer in the icebox, and move them into the fridge as needed. I got to the point where I had such a huge variety and quantity of beer that the entire icebox was full, and my overflow cupboard (a big cupboard) was near full too. I have cut down on my beer purchases the last several months, and I have been drinking it regularly to get the stock down. Now the icebox is probably only about 2/3 full, and the cupboard empty. I would have just taken over another cupboard if I was single, but the wife vetoed that pretty quick, AND kicked me out of my current cupboard. At least I can fit a bunch of beer in the icebox.

Leave a comment:

• St. Clown
    replied

It really Sounds like you have arrived at the point where more space is the best answer. My fridge is starting to fill up with great beers. The girlfriend says I should drink some before getting more, I honestly feel like another fridge is the best option.
    There should be a night where you miraculously realize that many of them are nearing the Age of Skunk and remedy the situation.

Leave a comment:

• MinnesotaNorthStar
    replied
    The best option would be to compromise and do both...

Leave a comment:

Working...
X