Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Drinking Thread: Beer, Whiskey, Rum, Vodka, Wine - Raise a Glass, All Are Welcome!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Drinking Thread: Beer, Whiskey, Rum, Vodka, Wine - Raise a Glass, All Are Welcome

Heck, I had the Corzo neat this afternoon.

What do you want from me!?!?

Comment

• Re: Drinking Thread: Beer, Whiskey, Rum, Vodka, Wine - Raise a Glass, All Are Welcome

Originally posted by Gurtholfin View Post
      Some rums (and whiskeys) are meant to be mixed and NOT enjoyed neat.

When in a social situation like tonight with guests over, I typically want mixers.

Most of the times that I drink something neat are more contemplative such as after dinner or on the deck or in front of the fire - oftentimes alone times.
      Guests or no guests, I'm not gonna mix something like Woodford Double Oaked or similar. Just saying.

Guests? It's usually beer time, or Evan/Cokes or 7&7s.
      Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
      Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
        Guests or no guests, I'm not gonna mix something like Woodford Double Oaked or similar. Just saying.

Yep. What I mix is not on that level, but it's far above rail or even Seagram's.

Trust me, I've learned to recognize the difference.

Have a whole shelf of stuff that I wouldn't mix.

Have several shelves of high quality mixing liquors. I like variety and I just won't settle for schwag anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by Gurtholfin View Post
          Yep. What I mix is not on that level, but it's far above rail or even Seagram's.

Trust me, I've learned to recognize the difference.

Have a whole shelf of stuff that I wouldn't mix.

Have several shelves of high quality mixing liquors. I like variety and I just won't settle for schwag anymore.
          I think we are talking on the same level. I won't touch crap like Phillips and such, mixer or no mixer. And I admit to Seagram's in 7&7s. That's about as low as I go though. *tips hat*
          Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
          Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Working...
          X