Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Drinking Thread: Beer, Whiskey, Rum, Vodka, Wine - Raise a Glass, All Are Welcome!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Drinking Thread: Beer, Whiskey, Rum, Vodka, Wine - Raise a Glass, All Are Welcome

Kirk & Sweeney 12 yr.

Just bought this yesterday. Very nice.

Comment

• Re: Drinking Thread: Beer, Whiskey, Rum, Vodka, Wine - Raise a Glass, All Are Welcome

Sitting on the deck, throwing the tennis ball for the dog, enjoying a dram of Glengoyne 17 year. Neat, of course.
      Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Threw the dice on a bottle of Knob Creek Smoked Maple.

A little too heavy on the maple, I think - I can't decide whether it's better neat or on the rocks. Regardless, it's really a bourbon liqueur/dessert, but it does taste pretty good. At $35/fifth though, I feel JD Honey is still your best bet in the "chick bourbon" category (and yes, I know that JD isn't bourbon - sue me).

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
          Threw the dice on a bottle of Knob Creek Smoked Maple.

A little too heavy on the maple, I think - I can't decide whether it's better neat or on the rocks. Regardless, it's really a bourbon liqueur/dessert, but it does taste pretty good. At $35/fifth though, I feel JD Honey is still your best bet in the "chick bourbon" category (and yes, I know that JD isn't bourbon - sue me).
          Jack Honey, and the likes have their uses. I have nothing bad to say about them. Sometimes it is nice to have that sweet kick.

I'm now enjoying a Sugar Shack. Had a New Holland Bourbon Barrel earlier.
          Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

I could definitely see the Smoked Maple being useful to people who like to invent mixed drinks. I can almost picture it being billed as an American version of Drambuie.

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
              I could definitely see the Smoked Maple being useful to people who like to invent mixed drinks. I can almost picture it being billed as an American version of Drambuie.
              I could see it being good in a hard coffee type of drink.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

After a few of the Kirk & Sweeney, have moved to Yahara Bay Light & Juice.

Incredibly dry light craft rum distilled here in Madison that when couple with tropical juices says islands. Tastes like the tropics.

Incredible hockey night with 3 college tourney games and the Hawks. This is good.

Comment

Originally posted by Gurtholfin View Post

Incredible hockey night with 3 college tourney games and the Hawks. This is good.

So far, so good.

Comment

Trying some Expedition Stout from Bells... This is a revisit from a 6-er I purchased back around Christmas... Trying to age this and see how it changes....

The beer seems to have sweetened a bit from the first go around when the beer was "fresh"... It is a milder taste as well... Initially you could tell that this was a 10.5% beer... It seems to have lost alot of that bite... It's a much easier finish... Still has some strong chocolate notes to it... Not something you want to slam, that's for sure... Overall I think it's gotten better with age... For reference, this batch was bottled on 9-25-13...
                    It's never too early to start the Pre-game festivities

Go Cats!!! GO BLACKHAWKS!

Cuck the Fubs... Let's Go WHITE SOX!!!

Wildcat Born, Wildcat Bred....

Comment

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
                      I could see it being good in a hard coffee type of drink.
                      That's a great idea.

The "Vermont Coffee". There - defined, copyrighted, done.
                      Last edited by FadeToBlack&Gold; 03-21-2014, 10:12 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Rimbaud View Post
                        Brewing up a barleywine this weekend, shooting for ~11%, will be using a bunch of roasted peppers (habanero, jalapenos, serrano, poblano) in the boil without seeds to cut down on spice and drive up chili flavor. Finish is over dried plums, figs, and dates to meld with the pepper flavor. Excited to see how it turns out.
                        Mash efficiency took a hit because of how much grain there was, so my barleywine will only end up around 9.5-10%. Just tasting the wort pre-fermentation makes me really excited, a very light backbone of heat with a solid chili flavor. The heat will probably be driven up as the sugars are converted to alcohol, but **** is it going to be a good one.
                        Old Monster Records

Comment

Went to the pub tonight. Tried Magner's Irish Cider and O'Hara's Irish Red. Both I liked.
                          Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
                          "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
                          Patreon for exclusive writing content
                          Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

Originally posted by Rimbaud View Post
                            Mash efficiency took a hit because of how much grain there was, so my barleywine will only end up around 9.5-10%. Just tasting the wort pre-fermentation makes me really excited, a very light backbone of heat with a solid chili flavor. The heat will probably be driven up as the sugars are converted to alcohol, but **** is it going to be a good one.
                            You know, I could take a good tasting beer that lit my mouth on fire so long as it actually tasted good. Maybe just once though
                            BS UML '04, PhD UConn '09

Jerseys I would like to have:
                            Skating Friar Jersey
                            AIC Yellowjacket Jersey w/ Yellowjacket logo on front
                            UAF Jersey w/ Polar Bear on Front
                            Army Black Knight logo jersey

NCAA Men's Division 1 Simulation Primer

Comment

Picked up the guitar for the first time in a bit and busted out the Bushmill's and also the Plantation 20th Anniversary.

What better way to celebrate Wednesday.

Might just make it to Friday now.

Comment

Okay, so this Kirk & Sweeney 12yr Rum is quite possibly the best rum I've ever had. Not saying it's the best ever, just the **** tastiest that I've ever had.

Back to it. Bring on the Whioux!

Comment

Working...
                                X