Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Drinking Thread: Beer, Whiskey, Rum, Vodka, Wine - Raise a Glass, All Are Welcome!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Drinking Thread: Beer, Whiskey, Rum, Vodka, Wine - Raise a Glass, All Are Welcome

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
    Argh. Got an email about a Pappy release/bourbon tasting next Tuesday. Limit of 100 people. Filled up in 10 minutes. I didn't even have a chance.
    Restaurant/Bar I was in for dinner tonight had 3 varieties of Pappy. Pretty extensive Bourbon and Rye selections. $35 for the 23 yo Pappy. Can I mix that with Coke?

I was pleasantly surprised to find Plantation Grande Reserve rum instead which is a nice break from the usual Bacardi and Myers swill.

More Tullamore Dew at the next bar before the Badger women's game. Brought a flask of Cruzan into the game.

Comment

• Re: Drinking Thread: Beer, Whiskey, Rum, Vodka, Wine - Raise a Glass, All Are Welcome

Originally posted by Gurtholfin View Post
      Restaurant/Bar I was in for dinner tonight had 3 varieties of Pappy. Pretty extensive Bourbon and Rye selections. $35 for the 23 yo Pappy. Can I mix that with Coke?

I was pleasantly surprised to find Plantation Grande Reserve rum instead which is a nice break from the usual Bacardi and Myers swill.

More Tullamore Dew at the next bar before the Badger women's game. Brought a flask of Cruzan into the game.

Umm, which bar? I'm sure Brenthoven and I will make a road trip to anywhere within about 7 hours on a weekend.
      Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
        Umm, which bar? I'm sure Brenthoven and I will make a road trip to anywhere within about 7 hours on a weekend.

Green Bush Bar just around the corner from the Kohl. Been going there before games for years. Their pizza is outstanding - got one of them brick oven 9000 degree thingys.

http://www.greenbushbar.net/

It's in the basement of an old lodge of some sort. Great liquor selection and pretty huge beer selection too.

Highly recommended!

Next time you're in Madison. Don't miss it.

Comment

Pizza tonight was olive oil, tomatoes, bacon, mozzarella, gorgonzola and arugula. So good...

Comment

Brent, want to go to Madison?
            Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Brent, want to go to Madison?
              Think they'll still have some in July?
              Jordan Kawaguchi for Hobey!!
              Originally posted by Quizmire
              mns, this is why i love you.

Originally posted by Markt
              MNS - forking genius.

Originally posted by asterisk hat
              MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

Originally posted by hockeybando
              I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

Originally posted by MinnesotaNorthStar View Post
                Think they'll still have some in July?
                hmmm

RIP - Kirby

Comment

hmmm
                  I am planning on hitting up Madison on the July trip. Hence why I have that Wed/Thu off.
                  Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                  Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

I am planning on hitting up Madison on the July trip. Hence why I have that Wed/Thu off.
                    I'd just like to add that I really enjoyed seeing a post in the Drinking Thread from 9:00am on a Sunday morning.
                    Bugs Bunny - 96
                    Gas House Gorillas - 95

Comment

If you have diabeetus, and you're at the liquor store, prevention is not far away. Grab tequila. It can help you live a better life. http://www.foxnews.com/health/2014/0...sity-diabetes/

Comment

Picked up some Left Hand Nitro Russian Imperial Stout. I'm anxious to try it. I've had the Nitro Milk Stout from them, and it was awesome.
                        Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

Brewing up a barleywine this weekend, shooting for ~11%, will be using a bunch of roasted peppers (habanero, jalapenos, serrano, poblano) in the boil without seeds to cut down on spice and drive up chili flavor. Finish is over dried plums, figs, and dates to meld with the pepper flavor. Excited to see how it turns out.
                          Old Monster Records

Comment

Originally posted by Rimbaud View Post
                            Brewing up a barleywine this weekend, shooting for ~11%, will be using a bunch of roasted peppers (habanero, jalapenos, serrano, poblano) in the boil without seeds to cut down on spice and drive up chili flavor. Finish is over dried plums, figs, and dates to meld with the pepper flavor. Excited to see how it turns out.
                            I've only had two barleywine type beers, one was amazing (the Orkney Dark Island Reserve) and one was meh at best (Central Waters Barleywine Bourbon). I don't know what to think of the style overall. Any suggestions for other breweries to try?

Comment

I've only had two barleywine type beers, one was amazing (the Orkney Dark Island Reserve) and one was meh at best (Central Waters Barleywine Bourbon). I don't know what to think of the style overall. Any suggestions for other breweries to try?
                              Sierra Nevada's Bigfoot is quite good and should be available there. Stone's Old Guardian might be available in MN too. Alesmith's Old Numbskull is fantastic, but I don't know how good their distribution is.
                              Old Monster Records

Comment

Originally posted by Rimbaud View Post
                                Sierra Nevada's Bigfoot is quite good and should be available there. Stone's Old Guardian might be available in MN too. Alesmith's Old Numbskull is fantastic, but I don't know how good their distribution is.
                                Well, screw Stone and their ALLTHEHOPS. The Bigfoot will be at the B1G tailgate (a fellow Gopher fan is bringing it), so I imagine I'll be able to try that. I'll look for the Alesmith. Thanks!

Comment

Working...
                                X