Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Drinking Thread: Beer, Whiskey, Rum, Vodka, Wine - Raise a Glass, All Are Welcome!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Drinking Thread: Beer, Whiskey, Rum, Vodka, Wine - Raise a Glass, All Are Welcome

Had an O'Hara's Stout today with lunch, and dunno what I'll have at dinner. TK's doesn't exactly have a great beer selection, so might roll with the old and have a VT or two. Have some New Belgium Snapshot waiting for later. It's pretty good.
    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

• Re: Drinking Thread: Beer, Whiskey, Rum, Vodka, Wine - Raise a Glass, All Are Welcome

Picked up a couple bombers of Lift Bridge's Silhouette tonight; one to have sooner than later, and the other to have later than sooner. Tried the barrel-aged version at the tap room a month or so ago, and it was tasty. Quite tasty.
      Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

I broke down and bought a second bottle of the Orkney Dark Island Reserve ($40). The one I had is from a 3641-bottle batch, bottled in Nov '12, and the one I bought today is from a 3831-bottle batch, bottled in Apr '12.

I'm definitely saving one for NYE next year, don't know about the other one. Of course, I'll have the oldest one first.

Yes, I've had this beer before and it's worth every penny.

Edit: This also means there are now only three bottles of it at the store near me, for anyone who wishes to splurge.

Comment

Just about through a bottle of Gnarly Head Cabernet.

Doing a little work and watching the Hawks game.

Quite nice.

Other than the score in the game...

Comment

Had full pint pours of Pliny the Younger last night at my favorite hipster dive bar in San Diego. Most places pour 8 or 10oz glasses and sell them for 15 bucks or so (though most of those places also donate all profits to local charities, so I can't really bemoan them), these were 10 bucks for a full pint. So worth it at that price point.
            Old Monster Records

Comment

Really enjoyed the Bear Republic stout that I had when I met up with BBDL earlier in the week.
              Cornell University Men's Hockey
              NCAA Champions: 1967, 1970
              ECAC Champions: 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010, 2024
              Ivy League Champions: 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2024

Comment

Originally posted by jmh View Post
                Really enjoyed the Bear Republic stout that I had when I met up with BBDL earlier in the week.
                Agreed, that was an excellent beer.
                Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

I'd like to give mad props to Bulleit Rye. Tasty stuff, both on its own, and in a Sazerac.
                  Bugs Bunny - 96
                  Gas House Gorillas - 95

Comment

I'd like to recommend a bottle of Scapa single malt. very smooth. A lot like Dalwhinnie.
                    MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

Argh. Got an email about a Pappy release/bourbon tasting next Tuesday. Limit of 100 people. Filled up in 10 minutes. I didn't even have a chance.

Comment

Couple of new ones (for me) tonight.

Old Port Rum

This is a rum that is distilled in India which was intriguing to me. This is along the lines of a spiced rum. Was good.

Tullamore Dew

Irish blended whiskey. Very smooth and somewhat sweet along the lines of Pendleton. Enjoying this and yes bbdl, I'm mixing it with coke like a candyass.

Comment

Originally posted by Gurtholfin View Post
                          Couple of new ones (for me) tonight.

Old Port Rum

This is a rum that is distilled in India which was intriguing to me. This is along the lines of a spiced rum. Was good.

Tullamore Dew

Irish blended whiskey. Very smooth and somewhat sweet along the lines of Pendleton. Enjoying this and yes bbdl, I'm mixing it with coke like a candyass.
                          If its blended, you may as well mix it with coke. No use drinking it straight.
                          Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
                            +1
                            In the immortal words of Jean Paul Sartre, 'Au revoir, gopher'.

Originally posted by burd
                            I look at some people and I just know they do it doggy style. No way they're getting close to my kids.

Comment

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
                              Exactly

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                                Exactly
                                I keep anything that is blended hidden away in the cupboard. The single malts, and other high end liquors grace my bartop. Only corked liquors allowed on my bartop, as well.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Working...
                                X