Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Drinking Thread: Beer, Whiskey, Rum, Vodka, Wine - Raise a Glass, All Are Welcome!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Drinking Thread: Beer, Whiskey, Rum, Vodka, Wine - Raise a Glass, All Are Welcome

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
    There's a good chance I'd like that. Love chipotle.
    A little south of metro Detroit, but Original Gravity Brewery in Milan, MI has rotating tap called Pepper Smoker made with jalapenos that is incredible. It takes about half a pint to get used to the taste, but it might be one of my favorite beers.
    Originally posted by dicaslover
    Yep, you got it. I heart Maize.

Originally posted by Kristin
    Maybe I'm missing something but you just asked me which MSU I go to and then you knew the theme of my homecoming, how do you know one and not the other?

Western College Hockey Blog

Comment

Re: Drinking Thread: Beer, Whiskey, Rum, Vodka, Wine - Raise a Glass, All Are Welcome

Sent some Maine beers west and received a nice package this afternoon. So far I've had Russian River dam nation, Pliny and Ballast Point Sculpin IPA all excellent beers with Pliny being the best beer I've had bar none.

Comment

Originally posted by Hockeypuck View Post
        ...Pliny...with Pliny being the best beer I've had bar none.
        Younger or Elder?

Comment

Younger or Elder?
          I have never heard of the Younger, I always assumed Elder was the one and only, and the shizzle, although I have no interest in ever buying it.
          Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
          Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
            I have never heard of the Younger, I always assumed Elder was the one and only, and the shizzle, although I have no interest in ever buying it.
            I believe Elder came first. And your lack of interest does not surprise me, since you dislike 'hoppy' beers.

Comment

I believe Elder came first. And your lack of interest does not surprise me, since you dislike 'hoppy' beers.
              I'd be willing to take a sip, or have it as part of a flight (that seems to be the rage these days), but I wouldn't buy a sixer without trying it first.
              Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                I'd be willing to take a sip, or have it as part of a flight (that seems to be the rage these days), but I wouldn't buy a sixer without trying it first.
                Oy, 'flights'. I'm guilty, even though I think it's the worst way to judge a brewery.

Comment

Oy, 'flights'. I'm guilty, even though I think it's the worst way to judge a brewery.
                  Judging? Agreed. But to sample something you wouldn't normally buy? I'm a fan, although I haven't done a flight yet.

Comment

Younger or Elder?
                    Younger is never bottled, so it'd be Elder. This is actually Younger season and it's only around for about a month before all they brewed for the year is gone. It's really good, but the hype is starting overshadow it. I was able to be in a bar last year when they randomly tapped a keg of Younger with no fanfare, I had 4 12oz pours for 4 bucks a glass (most places to 10oz for 10-15 bucks), that was spectacular.
                    Old Monster Records

Comment

• Re: Drinking Thread: Beer, Whiskey, Rum, Vodka, Wine - Raise a Glass, All Are Welcome

So... it's National Margarita Day.

Not sure why this would happen in Feb instead of the middle of summer where I could enjoy it outside, but I'm a trooper and will fight through.

Have to make something mexi for dinner.

Comment

• Re: Drinking Thread: Beer, Whiskey, Rum, Vodka, Wine - Raise a Glass, All Are Welcome

Originally posted by Gurtholfin View Post
                        So... it's National Margarita Day.

Not sure why this would happen in Feb instead of the middle of summer where I could enjoy it outside, but I'm a trooper and will fight through.

Have to make something mexi for dinner.
                        Lobster stuffed with Tacos...
                        It's never too early to start the Pre-game festivities

Go Cats!!! GO BLACKHAWKS!

Cuck the Fubs... Let's Go WHITE SOX!!!

Wildcat Born, Wildcat Bred....

Comment

Originally posted by RaceBoarder View Post
                          Lobster stuffed with Tacos...

I'm thinking fish tacos, but we just had blackened mahi sandies two nights ago and I usually like rum with those.

Such a dilemma...

Comment

Last week I went to a beer tasting event here in Twin Falls, ID. None of the beers were ones I would call rare or anything, but being from the Midwest there were some from the west I hadn't had before. Today I went back and picked up some individual bottles some of which I had the chance to try and some I hadn't. Twin Falls is kind of isolated so my choices are only OK. I got:

St Augustine from Selkirk Abbey (out of Idaho) a rye saison
                            Great white from lost coast
                            KCCO black lager
                            Frenet Aged Porter from Leopold Bros./Odell
                            Hopside down from Widmer
                            Trout hop from Grand Teton
                            Hop notion from crooked fence

The rye saison and the Frenet porter I remember being quite good actually.

Comment

So far today I have had 12 oz. of Goose Island's Matilda, 12 oz. of Southern Tier's 2X Rye, 12 oz. of Founders' Dirty Bastard, 12.7 oz. of Sierra Nevada's Ovila, and 24 oz. of Grain Belt's Nordeast.
                              the state of hockey is good

Comment

I feel bad as it appears I won't get to margaritas today. Been messing around with rum and we're having a decidedly non-mexi dinner.

Had a couple rounds of BBC's which was a drink we were introduced to in St. Thomas.

Rum, Banana Liq., Bailey's, a banana and coconut water blended frozen.

Probably gonna switch to white wine or rum and coke with our tuna with cilantro lime butter dinner.

Fire going and the Badger game on...

It's a good day.

Comment

Working...
                                X