Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Drinking Thread: Beer, Whiskey, Rum, Vodka, Wine - Raise a Glass, All Are Welcome!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Drinking Thread: Beer, Whiskey, Rum, Vodka, Wine - Raise a Glass, All Are Welcome

Originally posted by jmh View Post
    I haven't had the Ten Fidy but the Old Chub is pretty good.
    It's like Sputnik!
    I was told there would be no math...

Comment

Re: Drinking Thread: Beer, Whiskey, Rum, Vodka, Wine - Raise a Glass, All Are Welcome

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
      Actually, I believe that bomber was quite cheap. I think it was $6.99 at the local beer store, so if you don't like it, you're not out much money.

And Brent, you've had more smoked beers than that, the barrel aged Hammerheart Irish Red was a smoked beer. They called it "peated" because it was peat smoke.
      Add a "1" before that "6" and you're closer to the price. Just checked tonight.
      Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
      Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
        Add a "1" before that "6" and you're closer to the price. Just checked tonight.
        Fiance says it is $6.99 at Northgate. She bought a bottle yesterday.
        Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Fiance says it is $6.99 at Northgate. She bought a bottle yesterday.
          Buy. It. All.

I'll pay $10 each for a couple bottles. We both win.
          Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

Buy. It. All.

I'll pay $10 each for a couple bottles. We both win.
            It wasn't $6.99, but it was $8.99, so still pretty dang reasonable. Northgate had 2 bottle left so I bought them. I have 3 now.

Also bought a bottle of Shellback Silver Rum. I made my grandma's recipe of "slush", which is just delicious, and brings me back to my childhood holidays. So what better than to mix it with rum? I had never had Shellback, or heard of it, but I just tried a bit of it straight and I'm impressed. Very smooth, and some great flavors. I will probably get it again, if I need a clear rum.
            Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

It wasn't $6.99, but it was $8.99, so still pretty dang reasonable. Northgate had 2 bottle left so I bought them. I have 3 now.

Also bought a bottle of Shellback Silver Rum. I made my grandma's recipe of "slush", which is just delicious, and brings me back to my childhood holidays. So what better than to mix it with rum? I had never had Shellback, or heard of it, but I just tried a bit of it straight and I'm impressed. Very smooth, and some great flavors. I will probably get it again, if I need a clear rum.
              I haven't seen it for less than $13 around here. I'll buy a bottle, if you are willing to sell.

Comment

What kind of rum did your grandma use with it originally?
                Jordan Kawaguchi for Hobey!!
                Originally posted by Quizmire
                mns, this is why i love you.

Originally posted by Markt
                MNS - forking genius.

Originally posted by asterisk hat
                MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

Originally posted by hockeybando
                I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

I haven't seen it for less than $13 around here. I'll buy a bottle, if you are willing to sell.
                  Yeah, I'd probably do that.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Originally posted by MinnesotaNorthStar View Post
                    What kind of rum did your grandma use with it originally?
                    I am thinking it was something crappy and cheap, like Castillo.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

There is a time and a place for $9.99/L...and that place is college.

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                        There is a time and a place for $9.99/L...and that place is college.
                        Or, apparently, Thanksgiving at Grandma's house.
                        (I don't know what she actually used, I just couldn't imagine my grandma spending more the minimum on a bottle of rum, the last time I had this slush I was drinking from the non-boozy punch bowl)

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Also bought a bottle of Shellback Silver Rum. I had never had Shellback, or heard of it, but I just tried a bit of it straight and I'm impressed. Very smooth, and some great flavors. I will probably get it again, if I need a clear rum.

I've been eyeing that up for some time now and pulled the trigger today. Probably won't get to it till the weekend.

Comment

did she use rum or brandy? brandy slush, I've heard of. rum slush, not so much. then again, I live in a state with the highest brandy consumption on the planet, so maybe brandy slush is just a WI thing. I remember my stepgrandmother making it when we were kids, but I have no idea what was in it.

my grandmother's holiday drink was grasshoppers. she served them in mini shot glasses for the kids. huh. today she would probably be arrested for that.
                            Last edited by jen; 02-19-2014, 05:05 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by jen View Post
                              my grandmother's holiday drink was grasshoppers. she served them in mini shot glasses for the kids. huh. today she would probably be arrested for that.
                              Not if it was in Wisconsin.
                              http://www.revenue.wi.gov/faqs/ise/atundrg.html:

Can an underage person possess and consume alcohol beverages on licenses premises?
                              Yes. Persons under age 21 may possess and consume alcohol beverages if they are with their parents, guardians or spouses of legal drinking age; but this is at the discretion of the licensee. The licensed premise may choose to prohibit consumption and possession of alcohol beverages by underage persons.
                              Originally posted by dicaslover
                              Yep, you got it. I heart Maize.

Originally posted by Kristin
                              Maybe I'm missing something but you just asked me which MSU I go to and then you knew the theme of my homecoming, how do you know one and not the other?

Western College Hockey Blog

Comment

My friends brought back a bottle of "erotic rum"from the Bahamas. Other than that and the proof, it has little on the label and it is very smooth.
                                This space for sale.

Comment

Working...
                                X