Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Drinking Thread: Beer, Whiskey, Rum, Vodka, Wine - Raise a Glass, All Are Welcome!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Drinking Thread: Beer, Whiskey, Rum, Vodka, Wine - Raise a Glass, All Are Welcome

Originally posted by gmann View Post
    Long time listener. First time caller here.

I'm not much of a drinker these days. More of a social one if anything. Not a big fan of beer. Definitely a whiskey, bourbon or scotch kinda guy. My all time favorite adult beverage is Crown Royal. Through various channels I have slowly amassed quite neat little stockpile of beverages. Tonight's drink? Pappy Van Winkle's 23-Year-Old. One word.......awesome.
    PVW seems to be quite the Bourbon... Read a lot about it... Haven't seen the 23 here, but it seems to be quite the find... Seems to make people a little nutty when it comes to obtaining it... Something I'd definitely have to try if I came across it...
    It's never too early to start the Pre-game festivities

Go Cats!!! GO BLACKHAWKS!

Cuck the Fubs... Let's Go WHITE SOX!!!

Wildcat Born, Wildcat Bred....

Comment

Re: Drinking Thread: Beer, Whiskey, Rum, Vodka, Wine - Raise a Glass, All Are Welcome

Originally posted by RaceBoarder View Post
      PVW seems to be quite the Bourbon... Read a lot about it... Haven't seen the 23 here, but it seems to be quite the find... Seems to make people a little nutty when it comes to obtaining it... Something I'd definitely have to try if I came across it...
      From most accounts, you have to know someone who knows someone to get it. Pretty difficult to obtain.
      Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
      Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

If any one of you fine people can obtain a bottle of Darkness for me, I would be most grateful. For my part, I'll see if I can find some KBS around here when it comes out.
        I was told there would be no math...

Comment

Originally posted by melmac View Post
          If any one of you fine people can obtain a bottle of Darkness for me, I would be most grateful. For my part, I'll see if I can find some KBS around here when it comes out.
          DX got my extra bottle of Darkness. bbdl might have an extra.
          Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

Originally posted by melmac View Post
            I'd trade a bottle of Darkness for some KBS. I'll keep one bottle around.

I have amassed a huge variety of bombers/special beers. I've had a few brews that I've been searching out and i always seem to find something I want when I go to a liquor store in search of a hard to find beer.

Picked up Indeed Hot Box and Fulton Worthy Adversary today. Hot Box is actually one I've been looking for.
            Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Tonight's drink? Pappy Van Winkle's 23-Year-Old. One word.......awesome.
              One store in Grand Rapids was having a drawing for the rights to purchase their single bottle allotment. I didn't even put my name because there's no way I could afford it.
              This space for sale.

Comment

Enjoying a bomber of Widmer Chocolate Russian Imperial Stout '13. Intense stuff.
                Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Long time listener. First time caller here.

I'm not much of a drinker these days. More of a social one if anything. Not a big fan of beer. Definitely a whiskey, bourbon or scotch kinda guy. My all time favorite adult beverage is Crown Royal. Through various channels I have slowly amassed quite neat little stockpile of beverages. Tonight's drink? Pappy Van Winkle's 23-Year-Old. One word.......awesome.
                  My coworker resorted to Craigslist. He's waiting for a special occasion to crack his bottle.

Comment

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
                    I'd trade a bottle of Darkness for some KBS. I'll keep one bottle around.

I have amassed a huge variety of bombers/special beers. I've had a few brews that I've been searching out and i always seem to find something I want when I go to a liquor store in search of a hard to find beer.

Picked up Indeed Hot Box and Fulton Worthy Adversary today. Hot Box is actually one I've been looking for.
                    All my bottles of Darkness happened by coincidence. I wasn't actively looking for them, but boom, there they were. Had to buy them, of course.

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                      All my bottles of Darkness happened by coincidence. I wasn't actively looking for them, but boom, there they were. Had to buy them, of course.
                      I thought about taking an inventory of all of my "special" beers. Decided I didn't want to do it, I bet I have 30 different beers.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
                        I thought about taking an inventory of all of my "special" beers. Decided I didn't want to do it, I bet I have 30 different beers.
                        My inventory is simple:

4 Darkness, 1 SeVIIn, and 1 Dark Island Reserve. I plan to add a couple more in the coming months.

Comment

Not sure exactly where to put this, but Southwest Airlines is now carrying Fat Tire as a beer selection. I approve. Especially since I have a few free drink coupons still.

Comment

Originally posted by hockeyplayer1015 View Post
                            Not sure exactly where to put this, but Southwest Airlines is now carrying Fat Tire as a beer selection. I approve. Especially since I have a few free drink coupons still.

Yep. Had it on my flight home from Florida on Wednesday.

Comment

Visited 45th Parallel distillery in New Richmond WI today for a tour with MNS, dx, and bbdl. Their vodka is available around here, I guess. It was quite tasty. They also make bourbon, rye whiskey, aquavit, limoncello, and gin (only available there). I tried all those except the gin, and wasn't disappointed at all. Bought a bottle of the bourbon and a couple small whiskey glasses.

Then, on the way home, we decided to stop by the Lift Bridge tap room and have a beer. Had their Silhouette barrel-aged beer. Holy hannah was that outstanding. They also had it in regular version and nitro version. Ended up buying a couple (badly needed) tulip glasses there, too.

Definitely recommend both places.

Comment

Picked up a 6-pack of New Holland Cabin Fever Brown Ale. Not bad.
                                Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
                                "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
                                Patreon for exclusive writing content
                                Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

Working...
                                X