Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Drinking Thread: Beer, Whiskey, Rum, Vodka, Wine - Raise a Glass, All Are Welcome!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bigblue_dl
    replied
    Re: Drinking Thread: Beer, Whiskey, Rum, Vodka, Wine - Raise a Glass, All Are Welcome

Dark Fatha is a very complicated stout....so many flavors going on in this beer. Different than I've tasted in any other barrel aged stouts. Looking forward to cellaring my other bottle for a year or more.

Leave a comment:

• hockeyplayer1015
    replied
    Re: Drinking Thread: Beer, Whiskey, Rum, Vodka, Wine - Raise a Glass, All Are Welcome

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
    Order a real drink at the bar.
    Had a buddy order a round of cement mixers at a bar once. I wanted to punch him in the face. Twice.

Leave a comment:

• The Rube
    replied

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
    What's wrong with that?
    Order a real drink at the bar.

Leave a comment:

• dxmnkd316
    replied

Nothing wrong with Bailey's on a winter night.

Just don't order it at a bar. Keep that drink at home.
    What's wrong with that?

Leave a comment:

• MinnesotaNorthStar
    replied

Originally posted by Gurtholfin View Post

Now, enjoying a generous pour of Plantation XO 20th Anniversary Barbados Rum.

This was the first premium rum that I ever purchased several years ago and is still a favorite.
    Very tempted to try this one.

Tried the Connemara 12 year peated single malt Irish whiskey. Pretty tasty.

Leave a comment:

• The Rube
    replied

Originally posted by Gurtholfin View Post
    Earlier, had Bailey's and coffee...

Yeah, what are you gonna do about it!?!

This was the first premium rum that I ever purchased several years ago and is still a favorite.
    Nothing wrong with Bailey's on a winter night.

Just don't order it at a bar. Keep that drink at home.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

Earlier, had Bailey's and coffee...

Yeah, what are you gonna do about it!?!

Leave a comment:

• The Rube
    replied

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
    Well, I bought a bottle of Balvenie 30.
    Jealous. My favorite non-Islay (Balvenie in general).

Leave a comment:

• dxmnkd316
    replied

Well, I bought a bottle of Balvenie 30.

Leave a comment:

• The Rube
    replied

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
    I have a Dark Fathi in the cellar. Looking forward to that one.
    I think aging the BL will help. I have one more DF that I will save, too, because I think there will be a drastic change in flavor because of all that is going on. Should be interesting.

Leave a comment:

• bigblue_dl
    replied

Movie day today, so had Founders Big Lushious and Bent Brewstillery's Dark Fatha ("Emperical Stout" aged in Rye/Bourbon/Scotch barrels). The BL was a bit sweet. Needed more chocolate to balance the raspberry flavor out. My other bottles will sit quite a while. The DF.....WOW there's a lot going on. It's like an Everlasting Gobstopper of flavors. Delicious. Definitely recommend.
    I have a Dark Fathi in the cellar. Looking forward to that one.

Leave a comment:

• The Rube
    replied

Movie day today, so had Founders Big Lushious and Bent Brewstillery's Dark Fatha ("Emperical Stout" aged in Rye/Bourbon/Scotch barrels). The BL was a bit sweet. Needed more chocolate to balance the raspberry flavor out. My other bottles will sit quite a while. The DF.....WOW there's a lot going on. It's like an Everlasting Gobstopper of flavors. Delicious. Definitely recommend.

Leave a comment:

• bigblue_dl
    replied

I had my bottle of Big Luscious this weekend. It was a solid beer, but it was a little too sweet. I still really liked it, but for me it isn't a beer that I have to run out and buy more bottles when I can still find them. I do recommend giving it a try, though, as it is still a really tasty beer.

My wife and I shared a bottle of Schell's Black Forrest Cherry, and I think this was better now than it was when we tried it at the ABR. It had a sharper sour flavor, that we like in our sour beers. Very well done berliner weisse by Schell's.

Also had a bottle of Widmer's Ginger Barrel-Aged Brrrrrbon (2013). This was not that great...I had had the 2012 regular barrel-aged Brrrrrbon before, and I liked that. This one had a really odd combination of hoppy and ginger, that I don't think worked real well.

Last week I got a 6 pack of Fireside Chat by 21st Amendment. I really liked this one. Easy to drink, just a hint of some holiday spices, and a real well balanced flavor that worked for a holiday beer. I recommend giving this one a shot if you're looking for a winter beer.

Leave a comment:

• MaizeRage
    replied

Rince Cochon literally translates to 'Hogwash'. Sounds good though, and at 8.5% ABV, I imagine it packed a nice punch.

Leave a comment:

• jmh
    replied

Out checking out a new BBQ place last night and came across a beer I'd never heard of before called Rince Cochon, and since their tap handle is a pig drinking beer, and I was eating pig and drinking beer, I had to order it. Man, that was really, really good. Belgian light lager with great round spicy flavor. Give it a look if you come across it.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X