Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Drinking Thread: Beer, Whiskey, Rum, Vodka, Wine - Raise a Glass, All Are Welcome!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Drinking Thread: Beer, Whiskey, Rum, Vodka, Wine - Raise a Glass, All Are Welcome

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
    Evil Twin I Love You With My Stout. Thick, dark, and very tasty.
    That's what she said?
    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

• Re: Drinking Thread: Beer, Whiskey, Rum, Vodka, Wine - Raise a Glass, All Are Welcome

Counted beer caps again:

Unmarked/Unknown - 55
      New Glarus - 30
      Deschutes - 18
      Sam Adams - 16
      Boulevard - 14
      Shiner - 13
      Founders - 10
      New Belgium - 10
      Odell - 10
      New Holland - 9
      Lakefront - 9
      Leinenkugels - 8
      Central Waters - 8
      Bell's - 7
      Stella Artois - 7
      Great Divide - 6
      3rd Street - 6
      Schell's - 5
      Lagunitas - 5
      Fulton - 5
      Left Hand - 4
      Anchor - 4
      Clown Shoes - 4
      Petrus - 4
      Evil Twin - 4
      Captial - 4
      Alaskan - 4
      Summit - 4
      Ale Asylum - 3
      Milwaukee Ale House - 3
      Dogfish Head - 3
      Hinterland - 3
      Left Coast - 3
      Sprecher - 3
      Unibroue - 3
      Empyrean -3
      Brooklyn - 2
      Rochefort - 2
      Johnny Appleseed - 2
      St. Peter's - 2
      Sierra Nevada - 2
      Epic - 2
      Grain Belt - 2
      A bunch with only 1
      Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Picked up a couple bottles of the Black Butte XXVI to save. I've had it once, and it was tasty. I am curious as to how the taste changes after a few months/year or two. Also picked up the Boulevard Chocolate Ale to save for later. Never had it, but they rarely have steered me wrong.
        Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
          Having a Magic Hat #9 from a build-your-own 6er. I had heard that this was supposed to be a pretty good beer, but I am thoroughly unimpressed. Glad I didn't get more than 1 bottle of this garbage.
          its over-produced but of those that are I'd say its worth it. Its been pushed out by a lot of other beers in the last few years as local craft grows stronger.

Its made with apricots so it has a distinctive/different flavor.

edit: I suppose my comments are loaded with faint praise. Being more into beer now, yes there are better options. Its not fantastic.
          Last edited by Patman; 08-31-2014, 04:26 PM.
          BS UML '04, PhD UConn '09

Jerseys I would like to have:
          Skating Friar Jersey
          AIC Yellowjacket Jersey w/ Yellowjacket logo on front
          UAF Jersey w/ Polar Bear on Front
          Army Black Knight logo jersey

NCAA Men's Division 1 Simulation Primer

Comment

To me, Magic Hat #9 is just there. It rates as an average beer.
            Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
            "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
            Patreon for exclusive writing content
            Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

Had the S'mores beer and Mini-donut beer today at the MN State Fair. Both were delicious.

Comment

Dalmore 12 tonight. Yum.

Brent is understating hoe good the s'mores beer is. It was outstanding.
                Code:
                As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                Originally posted by SanTropez
                May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                Originally posted by Kepler
                When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                  Dalmore 12 tonight. Yum.

Brent is understating hoe good the s'mores beer is. It was outstanding.
                  That crusty stuff on the cup's rim....pure crack, I tell you. And nothing like a porter-soaked marshmallow to top it off.

Comment

Yeah, that rim coating took the beer to another level.

I almost threw out the marshmallow. I'm so glad I didn't.
                    Code:
                    May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                    He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Yeah, that rim coating took the beer to another level.

I almost threw out the marshmallow. I'm so glad I didn't.
                      I have to admit, I was underwhelmed by the craft flights. Kind of wish you could create your own, but the logistics of that, in that space, would be horrific. Hopefully they get a better space next year, considering the popularity of it.

Comment

I know not of what you are apeaking.
                        Code:

Comment

I know not of what you are apeaking.
                          It's in the Agriculture/Horticulture building, I think. They had 6 flights to choose from, all with a common theme (hoppy, darker, lighter, etc). All MN craft beers from around the state.

Comment

Currently drinking a New Holland Brewing Ichabod Pumpkin Ale. It's good, but a little heavy-handed on the spices.
                            Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
                            "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
                            Patreon for exclusive writing content
                            Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

At a local brewery on a business trip. Enjoying a barrel aged amber that they brew here. It is good, with the barrel leaving a bit of a sour flavor, and as a sour beer fan, I like it. But part of my is thinking that I should have had the Youngs Double Chocolate Stout on nitro....
                              Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Originally posted by alfablue View Post
                                Should probably move this discussion to either the cars thread or drinking thread, as I'm very interested in distilling stuff.

Like does the sugar and yeast change the basic taste of bourbon.

But I can ask here if you grow your own corn. Some varmit ate All of mine.
                                Yes, changing the sugar (or whatever is being fermented) certainly does change the taste some. But all distilled spirits come out clear and "mostly" tasteless. Bourbon, like all whiskeys, get their taste from the oak barrels that they are aged in. Bourbon has to be manufactured in Kentucky for it to be considered a true bourbon (in the US). I cannot afford oak barrels so I put oak chips in my fuel to give it the oaky taste while I am aging it.

I do not grow my own corn. I own only a small amount of land so I have no room to grow enough. I buy the corn from a local farmer. I am going to try apples this fall when they come in season (very soon).

I'm far from an expect as I have been distilling fuel for only about a year and making wine and beer for maybe 2 or so years. On think I can suggest is buy/make (I made mine) a copper still. Don't F around with stainless. While SST is cheaper it's doesn't give the fuel the "taste" that one wants.
                                My Four Favorite teams:
                                RIT and anyone who is beating Canisius
                                Cornell and anyone who is beating Harvard

If tyranny and oppression come to this land, it will be in the guise of fighting a foreign enemy. - James Madison

I am not afraid of terrorism, and I want the Government to stop being afraid on my behalf. I understand that it will not be possible to stop all terrorist acts. I am not afraid!!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X