Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Drinking Thread: Beer, Whiskey, Rum, Vodka, Wine - Raise a Glass, All Are Welcome!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Drinking Thread: Beer, Whiskey, Rum, Vodka, Wine - Raise a Glass, All Are Welcome

Sipping on a 40 year cask Pyrat Rum. Honestly one of the best neat liquors I've had. Excellent. Expensive.
    Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

• Re: Drinking Thread: Beer, Whiskey, Rum, Vodka, Wine - Raise a Glass, All Are Welcome

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
      Sipping on a 40 year cask Pyrat Rum. Honestly one of the best neat liquors I've had. Excellent. Expensive.
      I assume you mean the Pyrat 1623. That's what I had a sample of a month or so ago and I'd agree with you.

Sublime. Too bad a bottle goes for $230 or I'd have it in my collection.

Best I've had too.

Comment

Went on an app crawl (appetizers and drinks at multiple places) with the wife tonight.

First place we went to was a Caribbean hole in the wall that we've been going to for 20+ years now. Tried the Ron Zacapa XO (25 Year Solero) Rum neat coz a local store has it for $100 and the reviews are really high. Wanted to give it a try before I drop that cash on it.

Was outstanding. No burn whatsoever and is the second best neat liquor (after the Pyrat 1623) that I've had.

The wife says that I may just get that for my birthday. Woohoo!

Comment

Picked up some Evil Twin Nomad er Weisse. Wowzers is that tasty.
          Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
          Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Figures that it's the hottest it's been all Summer here in Chicago at the same time that Pumpkin & Oktoberfest beers start showing up... Not exactly the best combo

Anyways, I've kinda started the tradition of picking up some Sam Adams Oktoberfest for NCAA Football kickoff weekend... Wondering what everyone else drinks for this style of beer... I enjoy it, but have really just done examples from "Major" breweries like Sam Adams, Linenkugals, and Goose Island... Anyone have anything worth checking out?
            It's never too early to start the Pre-game festivities

Go Cats!!! GO BLACKHAWKS!

Cuck the Fubs... Let's Go WHITE SOX!!!

Wildcat Born, Wildcat Bred....

Comment

Originally posted by XYZ View Post
              Be careful with craft distilleries as a fairly large percentage buy their whiskey from the same place in Indiana and just repackage it and mark it up, though of course they don't exactly publicise this. I think the big Indiana distillery is called ABM. Not sure how to link to articles here with my phone but a google search will kick up all sorts of info on it
              That's why you've gotta go to the distillery, as BBDL mentioned he did; I mean, that's half the fun!
              Cornell University Men's Hockey
              NCAA Champions: 1967, 1970
              ECAC Champions: 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010, 2024
              Ivy League Champions: 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2024

Comment

Originally posted by RaceBoarder View Post
                Figures that it's the hottest it's been all Summer here in Chicago at the same time that Pumpkin & Oktoberfest beers start showing up... Not exactly the best combo

Anyways, I've kinda started the tradition of picking up some Sam Adams Oktoberfest for NCAA Football kickoff weekend... Wondering what everyone else drinks for this style of beer... I enjoy it, but have really just done examples from "Major" breweries like Sam Adams, Linenkugals, and Goose Island... Anyone have anything worth checking out?
                Try the New Holland Ichabod Pumpkin Ale!
                Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
                "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
                Patreon for exclusive writing content
                Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

A successful road trip to Hill Farmstead Brewery in the NorthEast Kingdom of Vermont. Highly recommend the trip. Beer is outstanding. Abner on tap for this evening.

Comment

Originally posted by CarlS View Post
                    A successful road trip to Hill Farmstead Brewery in the NorthEast Kingdom of Vermont. Highly recommend the trip. Beer is outstanding. Abner on tap for this evening.
                    Cornell University Men's Hockey
                    NCAA Champions: 1967, 1970
                    ECAC Champions: 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010, 2024
                    Ivy League Champions: 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2024

Comment

Having a Magic Hat #9 from a build-your-own 6er. I had heard that this was supposed to be a pretty good beer, but I am thoroughly unimpressed. Glad I didn't get more than 1 bottle of this garbage.
                      Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

I had that once. It was awful.
                        Code:
                        As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                        College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                        BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                        Originally posted by SanTropez
                        May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                        Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                        I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                        Originally posted by Kepler
                        When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                        He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

I was home last weekend and went to Bent Paddle Brewing in West Duluth. Those were some very tasty beers, especially the Golden IPA.

Comment

Bent Paddle is solid. I love their Black Ale.

Enjoying one of my several Central Waters Bourbon Barrel Stouts. So good.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
                              Bent Paddle is solid. I love their Black Ale.

Enjoying one of my several Central Waters Bourbon Barrel Stouts. So good.
                              The BP Black Ale is indeed awesome

And f* you. /jealous
                              Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                              Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Evil Twin I Love You With My Stout. Thick, dark, and very tasty.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Working...
                                X