Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Drinking Thread: Beer, Whiskey, Rum, Vodka, Wine - Raise a Glass, All Are Welcome!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Drinking Thread: Beer, Whiskey, Rum, Vodka, Wine - Raise a Glass, All Are Welcome

Went to my watering hole tonight. Here's what I had:

Atwater Brewery Decadent Dark Chocolate Beer
    Atwater Brewery 8 Mile Amber
    Breckenridge Brewery Agave Wheat beer
    Last edited by MissThundercat; 08-01-2014, 11:47 PM.
    Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
    "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
    Patreon for exclusive writing content
    Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

• Re: Drinking Thread: Beer, Whiskey, Rum, Vodka, Wine - Raise a Glass, All Are Welcome

As I mentioned, I have my eye on a few bottles of rum that I will be purchasing online. I will need to make room on the shelves to accommodate them, so have been looking over the existing collection and trying to decide what can go.

On that quest, I decided to kill the bottle of Cruzan Single Barrel and have gotten through about half of it in the past couple of days - family is in town and we like to have a few cocktails.

Anyway, turns out that I'm REALLY liking the Cruzan Single Barrel as a mixer and am thinking that I'll need to keep some on hand.

Back to the drawing board.

Maybe I just need bigger shelves.

Comment

Originally posted by Gurtholfin View Post
        Maybe I just need bigger shelves.
        No maybe about it. Problem solved.
        In the immortal words of Jean Paul Sartre, 'Au revoir, gopher'.

Originally posted by burd
        I look at some people and I just know they do it doggy style. No way they're getting close to my kids.

Comment

Been drinking my way through Sierra Nevada's Beer Camp 12 pack. All solid beers so far, nothing spectacular, but it's nice to see a lot of classic styles pushed out of their comfort zones here.
          Old Monster Records

Comment

Bourbon County Stout. On tap. In August.
            Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

I tried KBC's Scottish Ale. Smokey taste and sweet finish. I'll have it again.

Also had a wheat beer from Boulevard Brewing but it was slightly disapointing.
              tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Comment

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
                Bourbon County Stout. On tap. In August.
                WI does have some bars that are surprises. I found one that had Dragon's Milk on tap.
                Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                  WI does have some bars that are surprises. I found one that had Dragon's Milk on tap.
                  Brent, The Happy Gnome in St. Paul has Dragon's Milk on tap. With the added bonus of not having to travel to Wisconsin.

Comment

Originally posted by johnnypohlfan View Post
                    Brent, The Happy Gnome in St. Paul has Dragon's Milk on tap. With the added bonus of not having to travel to Wisconsin.
                    That's way the fark over in St Paul! And I'd have to drive! (I was NOT driving when I had the DM in WI).
                    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

Drinking Atwater Brewery's Cherry Wheat. Generally, I'm not much for fruity beer, but this is pretty good.

I think I want to try Founders' Rubaeus next.
                      Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
                      "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
                      Patreon for exclusive writing content
                      Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

The Founder's Rubaeus is great. For a real treat, mix it 50/50 with the Founder's Breakfast Stout.

F* the season. Having a Boulder Shake Chocolate Porter.

Comment

Grain Belt Premium.

Boring, but I'll always love this beer. Deal with it.
                          the state of hockey is good

Comment

• Tried to designate another rum for elimination - this time Angostura 5 year which is a mid level mixer.

Dang, but it was tasty.

That's the problem with buying mostly quality stuff - it's actually really good.

If I can summon the will, I'll leave it here at the lake - my folks place where it will still be next time I'm here.

Comment

It really Sounds like you have arrived at the point where more space is the best answer. My fridge is starting to fill up with great beers. The girlfriend says I should drink some before getting more, I honestly feel like another fridge is the best option.
                              the state of hockey is good

Comment

• Originally posted by state of hockey View Post
                                It really Sounds like you have arrived at the point where more space is the best answer. My fridge is starting to fill up with great beers. The girlfriend says I should drink some before getting more, I honestly feel like another fridge is the best option.
                                The best option would be to compromise and do both...
                                Jordan Kawaguchi for Hobey!!
                                Originally posted by Quizmire
                                mns, this is why i love you.

Originally posted by Markt
                                MNS - forking genius.

Originally posted by asterisk hat
                                MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

Originally posted by hockeybando
                                I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

Working...
                                X