Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Drinking Thread: Beer, Whiskey, Rum, Vodka, Wine - Raise a Glass, All Are Welcome!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Guest replied
    Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
    I always under estimate. Although I measure in fingers, not shots. Oops.
    I just eyeball the glass. About 2 fingers for a rum and Coke.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Originally posted by WisconsinWildcard View Post
    Clearly you were not making them strong enough

The last one was wicked as I kept pouring thinking... "It'll fit."

Leave a comment:

• The Rube
    replied
    Re: Drinking Thread: Beer, Whiskey, Rum, Vodka, Wine - Raise a Glass, All Are Welcome

Originally posted by Gurtholfin View Post
    I always under estimate how much is left in a bottle. There were 5 drinks. In two hours.

Feeling happy.
    I always under estimate. Although I measure in fingers, not shots. Oops.

Leave a comment:

• WisconsinWildcard
    replied
    Re: Drinking Thread: Beer, Whiskey, Rum, Vodka, Wine - Raise a Glass, All Are Welcome

There were 5 drinks.
    Clearly you were not making them strong enough

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

Bottle killed... mission accomplished.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Pusser's (Blue) & Coke

Gonna kill the bottle as I have no room on my bar. There are probably 3 in there, so pretty confident of my mission's success.

I always under estimate how much is left in a bottle. There were 5 drinks. In two hours.

Feeling happy.

Leave a comment:

• The Rube
    replied

Angel's Envy Bourbon. On sale for $40, took a chance. It's okay. I've had better at this price point. However, due to hockey, gonna make a dent in this sumbeech.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

Pusser's (Blue) & Coke

Gonna kill the bottle as I have no room on my bar. There are probably 3 in there, so pretty confident of my mission's success.

Leave a comment:

• The Rube
    replied

Oh yeah, and ate at Greenbush tonight and they no longer have flights of Pappy listed on the menu, so maybe you got in under the wire. I didn't ask if they are actually available or not - just noticed that it's not on the menu.

You can still get pours, but the menu states 1 per customer for Pappy.

Just an fyi.

BTW, the pizza was to die for - as always.
    Wow. I'm very lucky, I guess. Although...I have yet to get the Stagg. I couldn't last time, because I was driving and all...

And agreed on the pizza. I ate the sh* outta that.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

Oh yeah, and ate at Greenbush tonight and they no longer have flights of Pappy listed on the menu, so maybe you got in under the wire. I didn't ask if they are actually available or not - just noticed that it's not on the menu.

You can still get pours, but the menu states 1 per customer for Pappy.

Just an fyi.

BTW, the pizza was to die for - as always.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

It's a legit 50 too. Not a blend or a Solera.

Good God...

Leave a comment:

• The Rube
    replied

I'd love that Appleton 50 - which is also older than I am.

If I were rich, I'd have it... and treasure it.
    I hear ya. Oh, I hear ya. I fawn over 30YO scotches. Can't imagine a 50YO anything.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

I'd love that Appleton 50 - which is also older than I am.

If I were rich, I'd have it... and treasure it.

Leave a comment:

• The Rube
    replied

Appleton is not worthy of drinking neat unless you go to the 12, which is considered one of the better rums in the world.

Or the 50, but that will set you back $5,000 for a bottle.
    If I spend that, it'll be for the Balvenie 40, at 4K last I checked. And I currently have a 6 month window to buy that, b/c the only reason I'd buy that is to drink something older than I am.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

Appleton is not worthy of drinking neat unless you go to the 12, which is considered one of the better rums in the world.

Or the 50, but that will set you back $5,000 for a bottle.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X