Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Drinking Thread: Beer, Whiskey, Rum, Vodka, Wine - Raise a Glass, All Are Welcome!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Drinking Thread: Beer, Whiskey, Rum, Vodka, Wine - Raise a Glass, All Are Welcome

Originally posted by ShirtlessBob View Post
    New Holland Monkey King Saison. First experience with a saison, and it was a pleasant one.
    Lift Bridge Farm Girl Saison is quite solid, if it's in your area.
    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

• Re: Drinking Thread: Beer, Whiskey, Rum, Vodka, Wine - Raise a Glass, All Are Welcome

Originally posted by Gurtholfin View Post
      Whiskey night instead.

Bushmills
      That's Protestant whiskey!
      Originally posted by dicaslover
      Yep, you got it. I heart Maize.

Originally posted by Kristin
      Maybe I'm missing something but you just asked me which MSU I go to and then you knew the theme of my homecoming, how do you know one and not the other?

Western College Hockey Blog

Comment

Originally posted by MaizeRage View Post
        That's Protestant whiskey!
        I don't care. It's good.
        Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
          I never heard of it in a bomber. Only 4-packs, and the limit is usually 1 or 2 12 oz bottles.
          I have some coming from mel, in a trade we arranged a while ago. And I should get some from Northgate. Also, I talked to Tournament, and they said they do a drawing, from people on their newsletter list. Luck of the draw, if you want to sign up for their newsletter on the website.
          Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
            Brooklyn apparently has a bourbon-aged beer out. At $22/bomber, though, I passed for now (the store had quite a few, so I don't think they'll run out anytime soon). Anyone try it yet?
            Huh. Googled this because it didn't sound familiar; I just didn't realize that Brooklyn Black Ops (which I've definitely seen around though I don't think I've had it) is bourbon-barrel aged. I'll have to add it to my list to look for next time I'm out beer shopping.
            Cornell University Men's Hockey
            NCAA Champions: 1967, 1970
            ECAC Champions: 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010, 2024
            Ivy League Champions: 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2024

Comment

KBS Acquired.
              Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Alcohol acquired.

In case you haven't noticed, it's Friday! (C) Brent

Comment

• Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                  I don't care. It's good.
                  The Protestant whiskey line may mean more to you if you've seen The Wire (which if I recall is on your list of things to watch).

McNulty:: Can I get a Jameson?
                  Bartender: Bushmills ok?
                  McNulty:....That's Protestant whiskey!!!

McNulty consumes a large quantity of Jameson through the series...

Comment

Tonight... Bahama Mamas

1.5 oz Gold Rum
                    1.5 oz Nassau Royale
                    1 oz Coconut Rum
                    2 oz OJ
                    2 oz Pineapple Juice
                    Dash of bitters
                    Dash of Grenadine

On my third one. Feeling no pain and if not for the mother ****ing flurries outside, I might actually feel like I was on a beach.

Oh yeah, and Princess Bride on now and both the wife and I came to the conclusion that Spinal Tap may be in order at the same moment.

Comment

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
                      KBS Acquired.
                      Ditto. 4 bottles, but one is the woman's. She'd kill me if I drank it. Planning on having one this weekend, and forgetting about the other two until next winter, at least.

Comment

DANG!!!

These will mess you up.

Comment

Been a good night so far started out with a Zombie Dust followed that up with a bomber of Alpine Nelson and now moving on to KBS.

Comment

Had an Odells Lugene Chocolate Milk Stout, while waiting for my KBS to get cold. Now having the KBS. I missed it so.

Comment

• Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                              Had an Odells Lugene Chocolate Milk Stout, while waiting for my KBS to get cold. Now having the KBS. I missed it so.
                              KBS is definitely a treat I'm glad I was able to pick up multiple 4 packs.

Comment

Originally posted by Hockeypuck View Post
                                KBS is definitely a treat I'm glad I was able to pick up multiple 4 packs.
                                You magnificent bastige. I would so love to get more than a couple bottles. ALMOST had a line on a full case this year, but the store was not a Top 10 account with the distributor, so they didn't get any. Store even said, "Uh, minimum order for us is a case, if we can get it...is that okay?" I told them that I would buy whatever they could get, be it 1 case or 5. *sigh*

Comment

Working...
                                X