Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Drinking Thread: Beer, Whiskey, Rum, Vodka, Wine - Raise a Glass, All Are Welcome!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Drinking Thread: Beer, Whiskey, Rum, Vodka, Wine - Raise a Glass, All Are Welcome

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
    I will agree that Stone is typically ALLTHEHOPS. Doesn't bother me, but yeah...

However, I have a good story from a Tech prof about their marketing when they were first starting out.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z0YIJQ1jgEI

It just seems to me that when Surly started, it was all hops, all day, and then Stone went: oh yeah? Watch this! (yes, I know their buddy-pal relationship)
    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

• Re: Drinking Thread: Beer, Whiskey, Rum, Vodka, Wine - Raise a Glass, All Are Welcome

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z0YIJQ1jgEI

It just seems to me that when Surly started, it was all hops, all day, and then Stone went: oh yeah? Watch this! (yes, I know their buddy-pal relationship)
      Stone's been around almost a decade longer. They were ALLTHEHOPS long before anyone outside of Minnesota ever heard of Surly.

Comment

Stone's been around almost a decade longer. They were ALLTHEHOPS long before anyone outside of Minnesota ever heard of Surly.
        Gotcha. So I had it reversed , and Surly (thankfully) failed grandly. Not that I am a fan of regular Surly beers, but their special releases have pleased me.
        Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

Gotcha. So I had it reversed , and Surly (thankfully) failed grandly. Not that I am a fan of regular Surly beers, but their special releases have pleased me.
          Failed? Oh no, I don't think either brewery has failed, at least not outside the eyes of the anti-hopheads.

Comment

Failed? Oh no, I don't think either brewery has failed, at least not outside the eyes of the anti-hopheads.
            I mean failed as in ALLTHEHOPS. They are hoppy, but thankfully they have branched out a bit. For hops beers, Surly has quality beers. They are just not for me. I can appreciate, while not being a fan, of such beers.

Comment

Do not want Stone. Ever again. Blech.
              Arrogant Bastard Oaked was fantastic.
              Code:
              As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
              College Hockey 6       College Football 0
              BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
              Originally posted by SanTropez
              May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
              Originally posted by bigblue_dl
              I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
              Originally posted by Kepler
              When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
              He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

For the Frozen Four, here's another spot I remember going to last time I was in Philly that was good for beer and light food:

http://www.devilsdenphilly.com/

It's about five minutes from Ellsworth Federal on the Broad Street Line that runs between Center City and the sports complex where the Wells Fargo Center is located, and in the other direction it's about a five minute walk to Pat's and Geno's for those who are interested in doing a cheesesteak comparison.
                Cornell University Men's Hockey
                NCAA Champions: 1967, 1970
                ECAC Champions: 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010, 2024
                Ivy League Champions: 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2024

Comment

So... if my hockey gets cancelled tonight (a little light on numbers right now), I can watch the Hawks game and drink instead - of course, the way the Hawks are playing lately, I'll need to drink.

What to wish for...

Comment

Originally posted by Gurtholfin View Post
                    So... if my hockey gets cancelled tonight (a little light on numbers right now), I can watch the Hawks game and drink instead - of course, the way the Hawks are playing lately, I'll need to drink.

What to wish for...
                    perhaps wish that no more players get hurt?
                    "Hope is a good thing; maybe the best of things."

"Beer is a sign that God loves us and wants us to be happy." -- Benjamin Franklin

"Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy, which sustained him through temporary periods of joy." -- W. B. Yeats

"People generally are most impatient with those flaws in others about which they are most ashamed of in themselves." - folk wisdom

Comment

Originally posted by FreshFish View Post
                      perhaps wish that no more players get hurt?

In my group or the Hawks?

Looks like it's Thursday Fun Day Rum Day.

Comment

Brooklyn apparently has a bourbon-aged beer out. At $22/bomber, though, I passed for now (the store had quite a few, so I don't think they'll run out anytime soon). Anyone try it yet?

Comment

Stopped in at Northgate Blaine today after work. Asked about KBS. They don't have it yet, should be soon, and I am the first person on the list to get it. Yes.
                          They said they have it in their systems as bombers and 4-packs. I don't remember hearing about it coming in bombers....if I can get one though, I will definitely do that.
                          Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
                            Stopped in at Northgate Blaine today after work. Asked about KBS. They don't have it yet, should be soon, and I am the first person on the list to get it. Yes.
                            They said they have it in their systems as bombers and 4-packs. I don't remember hearing about it coming in bombers....if I can get one though, I will definitely do that.
                            I never heard of it in a bomber. Only 4-packs, and the limit is usually 1 or 2 12 oz bottles.

Comment

Whiskey night instead.

Bushmills and Tullamore Dew.

Comment

New Holland Monkey King Saison. First experience with a saison, and it was a pleasant one.
                                Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
                                "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
                                Patreon for exclusive writing content
                                Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

Working...
                                X