X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: The Movie Thread: New, Rented, Whatever....I don't care

Mothra arrived today.

If I had a $ for every time Tokyo was destroyed by some raging monster, I would be rich.
    CCT '77 & '78
    4 kids
    5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
    1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
    - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Anchorman 2:

The first half hour (it's 2 hours long) was brutally painful. The second half hour was ok, but that is because it was preceded by the horrid first half hour. Needless to say, I gave up after that. What a load of garbage. I tempered my expectations due to the brilliance of the first Anchorman, but this is pure crap no matter how you slice it. I can't even imagine the alternate movie they have as bonus material on the DVD. Good Lord.
      Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
      Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Philomena is an outstanding movie!
        "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
        -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
        -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
        -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
          Philomena is an outstanding movie!
          Thank you so much for this post, watched it tonight with my wife...amazing story.
          Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

• Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
            Thank you so much for this post, watched it tonight with my wife...amazing story.
            I was surprised how much I enjoyed it...Dame Judy Dench was a real treat

On another recommendation I watched the documentary Fa, Sick and Nearly Dead...so well done and such an awesome story!
            "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
            -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
            -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
            -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
              Anchorman 2:

The first half hour (it's 2 hours long) was brutally painful. The second half hour was ok, but that is because it was preceded by the horrid first half hour. Needless to say, I gave up after that. What a load of garbage. I tempered my expectations due to the brilliance of the first Anchorman, but this is pure crap no matter how you slice it. I can't even imagine the alternate movie they have as bonus material on the DVD. Good Lord.
              So it's not even worth the $1.20 to pick it up from Redbox? I've been wondering about that for a bit.

Comment

Originally posted by Tiggsy View Post
                So it's not even worth the $1.20 to pick it up from Redbox? I've been wondering about that for a bit.
                No. I easily make Netflix worth it (have been averaging 200 movies a year now, and that doesn't include tv shows/etc), and it's not even worth the "free" rental to give it a chance.
                Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

The cast for Star Wars: Episode VII was announced. NBD.
                  Cornell University Men's Hockey
                  NCAA Champions: 1967, 1970
                  ECAC Champions: 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010, 2024
                  Ivy League Champions: 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2024

Comment

The Andy Serkis casting intrigues me most. Is he there to voice a CGI character or to do "full body" acting of a character? He's good at doing both, but I really don't want another Ewok fiasco. With that high pitch he can reach, it just has me losing a new hope.
                    "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

I honetly amd not that intrigued by the new Star Wars...I have zero faith in JJ Abrams.
                      -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

I honetly amd not that intrigued by the new Star Wars...I have zero faith in JJ Abrams.
                        I don't know. I have a feeling it will be better than the abortion the prequels ended being.
                        **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                        Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                          I don't know. I have a feeling it will be better than the abortion the prequels ended being.
                          All JJ would have to do is to make sure one old Gungan dies a horrible death to make Chapter 7 better than the Prequels.
                          bueller: Why is the sunset good? Why are boobs good? Why does Positrack work? Why does Ferris lose on the road and play dead at home?

It just happens.

nmupiccdiva: I'm sorry I missed you this weekend! I thought I saw you at the football game, but I didn't want to go up to a complete stranger and ask "are you Monster?" and have it not be you!

leswp1: you need the Monster to fix you

Life is active, find Balance!massage therapy Ann Arbor

Comment

• Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                            Yeah that is a pretty low bar to set Scooby

The movies will make billions but they will be overdone and lack any charm...especially if it is anything like his Star Trek.
                            -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Yeah that is a pretty low bar to set Scooby

The movies will make billions but they will be overdone and lack any charm...especially if it is anything like his Star Trek.
                              I like the that Kasdan is co-writing. This is the same guy that co-wrote The Empire Strikes Back. While Abrams is directing, and you're either going to like or dislike how he shoots it, I'm willing to bet that the story will hold much of the Original Trilogy's character and charm.
                              "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

I thought his take on Star Trek was outstanding and hope these Star Wars films are as enjoyable.

They certainly can't be worse than the prequels.

Regarding Serkis... Jar Jar strikes more terror in me than Ewoks ever could although both are HORRIBLE.
                                Last edited by Gurtholfin; 05-01-2014, 01:47 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X