This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The Movie Thread: New, Rented, Whatever....I don't care

Men With Brooms, it's a 2002 curling comedy taking place in Canada and there are beavers. You'll see some actors that you recognize, including Leslie Nielsen playing a guru coach role. It's fun - don't expect a great movie as it relies on too many cliches, but it's fun.
    "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Molly Parker was hot in that. That scene where she's in the background stretching Leslie Neilson's leg........................
      What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
        Men With Brooms, it's a 2002 curling comedy taking place in Canada and there are beavers. You'll see some actors that you recognize, including Leslie Nielsen playing a guru coach role. It's fun - don't expect a great movie as it relies on too many cliches, but it's fun.
        Loved it. If you want a good hockey crime flick, check out Bon Cop, Bad Cop.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0479647/
        Growing old is mandatory -- growing up is optional!

Comment

Originally posted by aygwm2 View Post
          Scooby posted this back in August.

Just finished watching Blue Jasmine: "Cate Blanchett = Oscar!"

Fairly powerful film, I thought.

Last night I watched Hitchcock's Rebecca: Love Joan Fontaine (RIP 15 Dec. 2013).
          She stars in Monuments Men. I'm hoping Clooney doesn't screw up the story.
          http://www.monumentsmen.com/

I'm a huge Clancy fan but I just don't know about Jack Ryan Shadow Recruit. Could be another Sum of All Fears
          http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1205537/
          Growing old is mandatory -- growing up is optional!

Comment

This guy rants about movie posters. And he's right. At the same time, I've never paid close enough attention to them before to ever notice his complaints and comparisons.

http://youtu.be/VXJiBkFgprQ
            "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
              I really enjoyed that movie. I even bought it.

Comment

Sinister with Ethan Hawke. Much better than it had any business being imho going into it.

Comment

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j7D3YpRiHqU

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DQiGyBiNjLI
                  "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                  -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                  -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                  -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Rented the Hunger Games (for the 2nd time) last night in prep for going to Catching Fire tonight.

Catching Fire was absolutely outstanding.

Great Character development and all of the actors are so well cast and play their parts to a tee. The movie's pacing was perfect and the action sequences were well done and showed restraint.

This was so much better than the other book adaptation that I saw a few weeks back - I mean miles above. This was a great movie and I'm really looking forward to the next two installments.

Comment

Seriously, an action or fight or chase sequence doesn't need to go on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on...

Comment

The tension and development that leads to the action or fight or chase scene is what makes the scene work. You can't artificially add excitement or tension mid-scene if you haven't first made me care about the characters.

Comment

Originally posted by Gurtholfin View Post
                          Seriously, an action or fight or chase sequence doesn't need to go on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on...
                          Oh so you saw Man Of Steel too?
                          Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                          Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

TCM has been running a ton of 40s/50s MGM Musicals lately. it's a great way to either discover or remember some of the greatest movies ever made.

IFC (I think) has also been running Woody Allen movies and they make for a wonderful binge watch.
                            Cornell University
                            National Champion 1967, 1970
                            ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                            Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

i can watch Battleship every day
                              a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

I don't know if it's been mentioned here, but I had to stop by to say that Stand Up Guys is the most underrated movie since ever. I don't remember hearing anything about it really, but it's now free on Amazon Prime. The dialogue all throughout really hit the sweet spot for the cast, I had a bunch of LOL moments watching it which is pretty rare. But it's not comedy.
                                Huskies are very intelligent and trainable. Huskies make an excellent jogging companion, as long as it is not too hot. Grooming is minimal; bathing is normally unnecessary.
                                USCHO Fantasy Baseball Champion 2011 2013 2015

Comment

Working...
                                X