This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: The Movie Thread: New, Rented, Whatever....I don't care

I can't tell if Jupiter Ascending looks awesome or terrible.
    Code:
    As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
    College Hockey 6       College Football 0
    BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
    Originally posted by SanTropez
    May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
    Originally posted by bigblue_dl
    I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
    Originally posted by Kepler
    When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
    He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by MinnesotaNorthStar View Post
      Nope, I still have not seen it.
      Get thee to Netflix. If you don't enjoy it I will write you a check for the cost.
      Cornell University
      National Champion 1967, 1970
      ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
      Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Layer Cake:

Early Daniel Craig movie (with a small part for Tom Hardy!). Drug dealer is given one last job before retirement, etc etc. Cliche story, but done well. Many twists and turns. I enjoyed it. Worth a watch.
        Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
        Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
          Layer Cake:

Early Daniel Craig movie (with a small part for Tom Hardy!). Drug dealer is given one last job before retirement, etc etc. Cliche story, but done well. Many twists and turns. I enjoyed it. Worth a watch.
          I really enjoyed the first half of that movie, particularly Craig. It was the first thing I saw him in and I recall thinking, "that boy has a future."
          Cornell University
          National Champion 1967, 1970
          ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
          Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Funny, I saw that not to long ago and thought it was decent. I agree with Kep in that I enjoyed the first hour or so more than the rest.

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
              I really enjoyed the first half of that movie, particularly Craig. It was the first thing I saw him in and I recall thinking, "that boy has a future."
              Have to admit, until now, the only thing I saw Craig in was "Girl With The Dragon Tattoo." Never was into the Bond movies.
              Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

The first thing I remember seeing him in was as Paul Newman's creepy son in Road to Perdition.
                the state of hockey is good

Comment

• Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                  Have to admit, until now, the only thing I saw Craig in was "Girl With The Dragon Tattoo." Never was into the Bond movies.
                  Not even "Munich"?
                  If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                    Never was into the Bond movies.
                    Turn in your man card. Now.

Comment

Originally posted by unofan View Post
                      Turn in your man card. Now.
                      Not happening.

Comment

Saw this on Facebook this morning on some timeline, and my mind ASPLODE. Gonna have to watch the movie again this weekend:

http://www.jackdurden.com/#home

HOLY CRAP. Just remembered that Fincher also directed "Panic Room," and similar theories were in that movie, too!
                        Last edited by The Rube; 01-08-2015, 10:55 PM.

Comment

I watched Jack Ryan: Shadow Recruit out of boredom yesterday. Pretty decent movie and I enjoyed it...minus Keira Knightly. She is horrible to watch try and act...
                          "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                          -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                          -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                          -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                            I watched Jack Ryan: Shadow Recruit out of boredom yesterday. Pretty decent movie and I enjoyed it...minus Keira Knightly. She is horrible to watch try and act...

Don't ever watch A Dangerous Method. Watching her in that makes me want to commit seppuku.

Comment

• Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                              Saw this on Facebook this morning on some timeline, and my mind ASPLODE. Gonna have to watch the movie again this weekend:

http://www.jackdurden.com/#home

HOLY CRAP. Just remembered that Fincher also directed "Panic Room," and similar theories were in that movie, too!
                              Jesus! What am interesting theory. May have to watch it again myself.

And forgot he did Panic Room. I thought it was a mediocre Jodie Foster film and never thought much deeper. Now I need to rewatch that one too. Where can I read about that movie's theories?

I also want to pick up Gone Girl. Missed that one in theaters.
                              Last edited by aparch; 01-09-2015, 08:52 AM.
                              “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Originally posted by aparch View Post
                                Jesus! What am interesting theory. May have to watch it again myself.

And forgot he did Panic Room. I thought it was a mediocre Jodie Foster film and never thought much deeper. Now I need to rewatch that one too. Where can I read about that movie's theories?

I also want to pick up Gone Girl. Missed that one in theaters.
                                I honestly don't remember where I saw the Panic Room theory. I thought it was a decent movie. The basic theory is that each of the robbers represents an emotion Foster's character is going through, in relation to her divorce. It's been a long time since I've seen the movie, but I think it was anger/jealousy/rational thought for the 3 robbers. Anywhichway, that knowledge of that theory lends credence to the Fight Club theory, IMO. There's a trend.

Comment

Working...
                                X