• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• burd
    replied
    Re: The Movie Thread: New, Rented, Whatever....I don't care

Originally posted by state of hockey View Post
    Good luck with that. Saw it, wouldn't want any daughter of mine doing it. Not alone, anyway.
    Yeah, I kind of figured that's how I would come away from it too. Better to know, though.

Leave a comment:

• Handyman
    replied

Gone Girl...wow! BatFleck rules!

Leave a comment:

• state of hockey
    replied
    Originally posted by burd View Post
    Planning to see Wild this weekend, partly because our 24-year-old daughter just informed us she plans to do the PCT in 2016. Hoping to allay some of those parental concerns.
    Good luck with that. Saw it, wouldn't want any daughter of mine doing it. Not alone, anyway.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
    I didn't. My DVR deleted that show. I assume it was on Craig's last show?

You really nailed it on the Ferguson piece. He was unique and detested the formulaic late night approach. I have never cried from laughing so hard that many times in my life. He and Geoff were amazing.
    No, he did it a couple of weeks before the finale. James was just horrible. He couldn't even throw to a commercial break without stammering. Granted, he isn't a polished late night host, but there are a bare minimum of things he should be able to do.

Leave a comment:

• dxmnkd316
    replied

Originally posted by Priceless View Post
    Did you see the cold-open Craig did to introduce James? Either he is displaying heretofore unseen acting skills or he really is flustered about doing a show. It cold be a train wreck come March.

Craig was great. He wasn't a typical late night host who ridiculed famous people just for laughs or followed the same routine for stars looking to promote their newest projects.
    I didn't. My DVR deleted that show. I assume it was on Craig's last show?

You really nailed it on the Ferguson piece. He was unique and detested the formulaic late night approach. I have never cried from laughing so hard that many times in my life. He and Geoff were amazing.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
    Craig Ferguson will never be replaced.
    Did you see the cold-open Craig did to introduce James? Either he is displaying heretofore unseen acting skills or he really is flustered about doing a show. It cold be a train wreck come March.

Craig was great. He wasn't a typical late night host who ridiculed famous people just for laughs or followed the same routine for stars looking to promote their newest projects.

Leave a comment:

• dxmnkd316
    replied

Craig Ferguson will never be replaced.

Leave a comment:

• burd
    replied

Planning to see Wild this weekend, partly because our 24-year-old daughter just informed us she plans to do the PCT in 2016. Hoping to allay some of those parental concerns.

Leave a comment:

• Scarlet
    replied

Didn't realize that the Baker guy - James Corden - is Craig Ferguson's replacement on The Late Late Show.

Leave a comment:

• Kepler
    replied

Originally posted by Critical Thinker View Post
    I saw Into the Woods today:

Act One: Very well done by Disney. It was interesting to see Chris Pine in a musical role after playing drunken Captain Kirk, and he did well. The music was catchy but not annoying.
    Act Two: Just like the play, it goes from a fairly tale to a dumpster fire. I considered leaving the theatre it was so bad. Nothing the characters did made sense.
    I'd like to counter this by saying that, just like the play, the second act is brilliant and the entire point of the show. And Streep held her own in one of the most difficult roles in musical theater despite following in Peters' incomparable slippersteps, even doing an unassisted "Last Midnight," which has roughly the same graveyard for slain singers as Il Dolce Suono.
    Last edited by Kepler; 12-30-2014, 09:20 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Critical Thinker
    replied

I saw Into the Woods today:

Act One: Very well done by Disney. It was interesting to see Chris Pine in a musical role after playing drunken Captain Kirk, and he did well. The music was catchy but not annoying.
    Act Two: Just like the play, it goes from a fairly tale to a dumpster fire. I considered leaving the theatre it was so bad. Nothing the characters did made sense.

Leave a comment:

• The Rube
    replied

Originally posted by SJHovey View Post
    I think Henry died a couple of years ago. In fact, I think it was shortly after he filmed the 30 For 30 movie on the BC point shaving scandal. As I recall, he didn't look too good in that movie.
    Actually, you may be right. I think I did hear about that, after thinking about it. And he didn't look good at all, although many old-time wiseguys don't. I wish that NatGeo would do this for the other world mafias/orgs than operate in the US. You have the Yakuza, Triads, Red Mafiya/vor z zakone, and the various cartels from Mexico.

Leave a comment:

• rufus
    replied

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
    Edit: never mind. I'll go back to yelling at clouds, now.

Kep, nice pic!!

Leave a comment:

• Slap Shot
    replied

Think flied lice.

Leave a comment:

• Kepler
    replied

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
    "War mongler" is going to become a meme if I have to do it myself.
    Edit: never mind. I'll go back to yelling at clouds, now.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X