X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: The Movie Thread: New, Rented, Whatever....I don't care

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
    People whose opinions I trust are doing nothing but raving about X-Men: Days of Futures Past...I am going to have to check it out I guess
    91% from the pro critics and 95% viewer approval. I was very surprised, plan on seeing it tomorrow or Tuesday.
    "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

People whose opinions I trust are doing nothing but raving about X-Men: Days of Futures Past...I am going to have to check it out I guess
      Not even Hugh Jackman or the need to include so many nods to the original trilogy can ruin it.

That reunion scene between Magneto and Mystique was certainly worth all the build up.

Comment

It's playing at that ultra screen with the leather recliners. Probably gonna take the boy as he liked the X-men movies and I actually really liked them too. Hands down my favorite comic book movies.

Comment

• Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
          91% from the pro critics and 95% viewer approval. I was very surprised, plan on seeing it tomorrow or Tuesday.
          I dont care what critics think I care what people I know think
          "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
          -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
          -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
          -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

I went and saw Belle last night. It tells the story of Dido Elizabeth Belle, the illegitimate daughter of a black slave and an English Admiral. She's raised up as a gentlewoman in the house of the Chief Lord Justice of England, who eventually rules on several legal cases that lead to the abolition of Slavery in the British Empire. I would recommend seeing it if you can get the chance. I don't think its 100 historically accurate, but how many movies are anyways?
            bueller: Why is the sunset good? Why are boobs good? Why does Positrack work? Why does Ferris lose on the road and play dead at home?

It just happens.

nmupiccdiva: I'm sorry I missed you this weekend! I thought I saw you at the football game, but I didn't want to go up to a complete stranger and ask "are you Monster?" and have it not be you!

leswp1: you need the Monster to fix you

Life is active, find Balance!massage therapy Ann Arbor

Comment

Originally posted by bigmrg74 View Post
              I went and saw Belle last night. It tells the story of Dido Elizabeth Belle, the illegitimate daughter of a black slave and an English Admiral. She's raised up as a gentlewoman in the house of the Chief Lord Justice of England, who eventually rules on several legal cases that lead to the abolition of Slavery in the British Empire. I would recommend seeing it if you can get the chance. I don't think its 100 historically accurate, but how many movies are anyways?
              Robocop is accurate....
              It's never too early to start the Pre-game festivities

Go Cats!!! GO BLACKHAWKS!

Cuck the Fubs... Let's Go WHITE SOX!!!

Wildcat Born, Wildcat Bred....

Comment

• Originally posted by RaceBoarder View Post
                Robocop is accurate....
                The original one is (now) a documentary.

Haven't seen the remake, but the reviews weren't favorable.
                “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Godzilla. It was good enough and the CGI didn't ruin it for me. However, I'm glad I paid matinee price and didn't bother with IMAX or 3D. Not enough monster, too much plot development.

And one personal quibble that that has nothing to do with my overall impression - I was surprised as hell to see Juliette Binoche in the opening credits, then bummed she didn't last. Although not sure it's the genre for her.

Comment

Took a chance on this book, seemed to be what I am looking for: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/052...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Related: I loved/own the movie "This Film Is Not Yet Rated."

I am really wanting to learn about the pre-MPAA days/the Hays Code.
                    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

X-Men: DOFP was outstanding. Made up completely for the crapfest that was X-Men: The Last Stand and the snoozer X-Men: First Class. Second best movie I have seen in the genre outside of The Dark Knight! The Quicksilver scenes alone are worth the price of admission and the finale blows the Avengers out of the water.
                      "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                      -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                      -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                      -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

X-Men: DOFP was outstanding. Made up completely for the crapfest that was X-Men: The Last Stand and the snoozer X-Men: First Class. Second best movie I have seen in the genre outside of The Dark Knight! The Quicksilver scenes alone are worth the price of admission and the finale blows the Avengers out of the water.
                        I saw that yesterday afternoon. You're right about the Quicksilver bits. Think about the fun you could have if you ran that fast when you were a teenager. And I liked the movie as a whole. The cameos were a nice touch of bringing certain things together.
                        "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

Comment

Went and saw A Million Ways to Die in the West on Sunday. ****ing hilarious! It had a few moments where the humor may have overstepped into "okay, now it's not funny," but it seemed to flesh out more of a human story than Ted and it didn't have that awkwardness than Ted had in the first half hour of it's film.

The opening made me fear for a "Blazing Saddles" wanna be film, but the comparisons pretty much end after the title sequence ends.

The nod to Back to the Future was a nice touch too.
                          “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Saw "Neighbors" recently. Eh... it was decent. Some good gags and typical Seth Rogen stoner type stuff. I don't know, there just felt like something was missing. Maybe because this was sort of "Knocked Up 2" after the baby has been home for a while.

Comment

Originally posted by aparch View Post
                              Went and saw A Million Ways to Die in the West on Sunday. ****ing hilarious! It had a few moments where the humor may have overstepped into "okay, now it's not funny," but it seemed to flesh out more of a human story than Ted and it didn't have that awkwardness than Ted had in the first half hour of it's film.

The opening made me fear for a "Blazing Saddles" wanna be film, but the comparisons pretty much end after the title sequence ends.

The nod to Back to the Future was a nice touch too.
                              I saw this Friday night with my college roommate. I'd agree with much of what you said. A few of the references made were unexpected and great because of it - especially what I consider the most unlikely of cameos. I was a little worried some 15-20 minutes into the movie and there wasn't much more than a few laughs to that point, but it really did pick up after that. Far from great, but good fun if you like Family Guy.

Comment

I was just watching the trailer to Dumb & Dumber To in the office - that was a mistake. I had a single very loud laugh before I remembered where I was.

http://youtu.be/lGXHVlEklgQ

Comment

Working...
                                X