X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: The Movie Thread: New, Rented, Whatever....I don't care

Originally posted by rufus View Post
    Take away my man card, but Pitch Perfect is a great movie.
    I agree 6000%. Great film.
    **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
    Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Take away my man card, but Pitch Perfect is a great movie.
      Yes it is. I happened across it on HBO once upon a time while doing other things and ended up getting hooked. I then watched it a few days later in its entirety and had a blast.
      "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Also, and this is probably one of those "either love it or hate it" type films, but The Aquatic Life of Steve Zissou. Willem Dafoe just steals this movie. And the homage to Buckaroo Banzai at the end................
        What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
          Yes it is. I happened across it on HBO once upon a time while doing other things and ended up getting hooked. I then watched it a few days later in its entirety and had a blast.
          Pretty much whenever I stumble across it while channel surfing, I just have to stop and watch.

Comment

Disconnect - stars Jason Batemen (I had never heard of it) telling three unrelated stories about how the internet negatively impacts separate families. Very well done and since it wasn't preaching against the internet the overall story wasn't ruined.

Stoker - Another one I had never heard of (Nicole Kidman most widely known). Story of a loner teen girl who can't come to trust her uncle that comes to visit after her father dies in a car accident. Fairly formulaic and not even sure I'd recommend as a free rental.

Trance - Yet a 3rd movie I had no clue about. James McAvoy plays an art auctioneer that gets into trouble with art thieves who think he's hiding a painting from them they tried to steal (with his assistance). Solid story, acting and cinematography - 7.5/10.

Comment

Pretty much whenever I stumble across it while channel surfing, I just have to stop and watch.

Parts of it have been watched 20-30 times over the past couple months in this house as it's been on HBO pretty much nonstop.

I keep hearing jokes/rips that I missed.

Comment

Life Aquatic: Terrible. And I liked/loved the director's other previous movies.

Pitch Perfect: loved. Totally loved.

MM: I dunno why meh. I know what it's about. Maybe it was too bland for the critics in strict performances? The plot not in depth enough? Dunno.
                Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by Gurtholfin View Post
                  Parts of it have been watched 20-30 times over the past couple months in this house as it's been on HBO pretty much nonstop.

I keep hearing jokes/rips that I missed.
                  I've watched the Riff Off scene about 4,493,337 times.
                  U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
                  Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
                  I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
                  But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
                  Originally posted by Doyle Woody
                  Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

I have two movies on my coffee table from Netflix, neither of which I really care to see. I don't know how this happens....why do I put **** movies on my queue in the first place?
                    Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
                      I have two movies on my coffee table from Netflix, neither of which I really care to see. I don't know how this happens....why do I put **** movies on my queue in the first place?
                      Which movies would they be?
                      Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                        Which movies would they be?
                        Man of Steel and The Family. I thought I'd want to watch Man of Steel, but now have no interest, and I have no recollection of putting The Family on the queue, hell, I don't even know what it is about.
                        Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
                          Man of Steel and The Family. I thought I'd want to watch Man of Steel, but now have no interest, and I have no recollection of putting The Family on the queue, hell, I don't even know what it is about.
                          Man Of Steel is blech, and The Family is a comedy about a relocated family in the witness protection program, and it looks mildly amusing (I have it on my streaming list)

Comment

Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
                            I've watched the Riff Off scene about 4,493,337 times.
                            One of mine is when they do the Bruno Mars song. When Anna Kendrick starts doing the stomp/twist/clap thing, I melt.

"Bumper and Donald................gettin' it............gettin' it"

Comment

What a bunch of Nancys...

I grabbed the soundtrack a while back... mostly for the wife.

Comment

• Originally posted by rufus View Post
                                "Bumper and Donald................gettin' it............gettin' it"
                                "Come on baby bubble..."

"I'm not a total nerd, I'm also into close-up magic."
                                U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
                                Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
                                I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
                                But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
                                Originally posted by Doyle Woody
                                Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

Working...
                                X