• Show
Clear All

• Re: BCS 2013-14: This space for rent

Code:
    As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
    College Hockey 6       College Football 0
    BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
    Originally posted by SanTropez
    May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
    Originally posted by bigblue_dl
    I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
    Originally posted by Kepler
    When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
    He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by First Time, Long Time View Post
      ESPN is reporting Miller is out for the year
      Originally posted by MavHockey14 View Post
      I liked MSU before this too, and I think OSU was over rated with Miller.
      When Miller is healthy, he's the real deal.

But even before today's developments, I'd agree we were a bit overrated, though for a different reason: A totally unproven offensive line, with only one returning starter. The new guys may grow into something great. But as of right now, the situation is something to prove.

Also note that it was a potentially toxic combination: A QB prone to injury, coupled with an O-Line that would be expected to make its share of rookie mistakes. That concern now appears to be moot...

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
      Talk about a gut punch right to the season.
      No kidding. And yet, I can't say this is a total surprise. Miller was being withheld from all contact -- just being nursed along -- less than two weeks before the opening game. Something wasn't right. Now I certainly never imagined a season-ending injury on an unrushed, uncontested throw. But I was getting concerned that Miller would be less than 100% at the beginning of the season, and might even miss some starts. Again, though, the way it actually played out was much worse...

Fear not, Ohio Stadium will be full for Virginia Tech. But the dynamics and expectations are admittedly altered.

Comment

Originally posted by Spartanforlife4 View Post
        Notre Dame got new jerseys. And by new jerseys, I just mean the Adidas logo has been changed to Under Armour. Literally everything else is the exact same. Though the pants seem a little darker, it seems that's been happening the last few years.
        That's utterly false. We have bluer pants now.

Bluer pants!!!!
        Cornell University
        National Champion 1967, 1970
        ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
        Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
          That's utterly false. We have bluer pants now.

Bluer pants!!!!
          Those are the Shamrock Series jerseys you guys will wear against Purdue in Indy.

Under Armour also came out with the "new" home and away yesterday that just swapped logos.

I think the alternate jerseys are actually pretty good. Certainly better than what Adidas rolled out for Michigan.
          Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

Originally posted by Spartanforlife4 View Post
            Those are the Shamrock Series jerseys you guys will wear against Purdue in Indy.

Under Armour also came out with the "new" home and away yesterday that just swapped logo.
            The helmets are supposedly different too, with some sort of inlay.

These were the best, IMHO. And this for a third jersey.
            Cornell University
            National Champion 1967, 1970
            ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
            Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by MinnesotaNorthStar View Post
              Oklahoma's Joe Mixon suspended for the season for knocking a woman unconscious.
              If he were in the NFL by now he'd only get 2.

Comment

• Originally posted by pgb-ohio View Post
                When Miller is healthy, he's the real deal.

But even before today's developments, I'd agree we were a bit overrated, though for a different reason: A totally unproven offensive line, with only one returning starter. The new guys may grow into something great. But as of right now, the situation is something to prove.

Also note that it was a potentially toxic combination: A QB prone to injury, coupled with an O-Line that would be expected to make its share of rookie mistakes. That concern now appears to be moot...

No kidding. And yet, I can't say this is a total surprise. Miller was being withheld from all contact -- just being nursed along -- less than two weeks before the opening game. Something wasn't right. Now I certainly never imagined a season-ending injury on an unrushed, uncontested throw. But I was getting concerned that Miller would be less than 100% at the beginning of the season, and might even miss some starts. Again, though, the way it actually played out was much worse...

Fear not, Ohio Stadium will be full for Virginia Tech. But the dynamics and expectations are admittedly altered.
                I thought they were overrated due to te fact they're replacing virtually their entire O-Line and Secondary. If you took the roster without the OSU name, there's no way they're #5.
                AF 99

M-A-V-E-R-I-C-K-S, MAVERICKS, MAVERICKS, GOOOOO STATE!

Comment

I'm not sure if any of you saw me ask previously, but does anyone wanna do a weekly pick 'em game?
                  AF 99

M-A-V-E-R-I-C-K-S, MAVERICKS, MAVERICKS, GOOOOO STATE!

Comment

I'm not sure if any of you saw me ask previously, but does anyone wanna do a weekly pick 'em game?
                    I'd play.
                    BGSU Class of 2017

Comment

For your monitor's, and keyboard's sake, make sure you're not taking a drink when you read what I've written below:

I just heard on KFAN, a prediction that the Gophers would be in the National Championship game.

Now that you've stopped laughing, point and laugh at Justin Conzemius, who is a reoccurring guest on the KFAN morning show.
                      Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

I think he was being facetious
                        Code:
                        As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                        College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                        BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                        Originally posted by SanTropez
                        May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                        Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                        I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                        Originally posted by Kepler
                        When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                        He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

That makes it less funny....so I think he was dead serious.
                          Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

I've often thought it was amusing that the word "facetious" can almost be synonymous with "full of ****", when you consider how many people pronounce the first two syllables in "facetious".
                            If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet View Post
                              I've often thought it was amusing that the word "facetious" can almost be synonymous with "full of ****", when you consider how many people pronounce the first two syllables in "facetious".
                              I believe facetious is also the shortest word that has a-e-i-o-u in order... can sometimes even tack on -ly if you want the full monty.
                              If you don't change the world today, how can it be any better tomorrow?

Comment

I thought they were overrated due to the fact they're replacing virtually their entire O-Line and Secondary.
                                Ah. You weren't saying overrated because of Braxton; you were saying overrated even with Braxton. Appreciate the clarification and we basically agree.

If you took the roster without the OSU name, there's no way they're #5.
                                Well, yeah. But there's a more fundamental problem here. Nobody's played any games yet; nobody's earned their ranking -- not just OSU. In a better world there wouldn't be any ratings at all until 3 or more games were played. But preseason rankings sell lots of publications, to say nothing of the ads in them. So, we're stuck with them. Still, it's well to remember that the source of these inflated claims is the media, not the coaches and players.

EDIT: On the bright side, the new playoff system appears to address this problem pretty well. The real rankings, as crafted by the selection committee, don't even start until October 28th. That should greatly reduce the impact of the preseason stuff. In other words, the inevitable banter may still irritate, but it's been rendered relatively harmless.
                                Last edited by pgb-ohio; 08-24-2014, 07:26 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X