BCS 2013-14: This space for rent

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: BCS 2013-14: This space for rent

Have fun with Turtles now. And well, the less said about Rutgers, the better.
    "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

• Originally posted by MavHockey14 View Post
      I dislike the fact we play OSU, MSU, PSU, and UM less, but I'm not gonna complain that Iowa will get a substantially bigger check from the BTN.
      That's the spirit!! Money before competition. You've embraced the modern NCAA.
      CCT '77 & '78
      4 kids
      5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
      1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
      - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Well, midnight came and passed. There was no major scandal nor rescinding of the invitation by the Big Ten. Maryland and Rutgers are now in the Big Ten.
        Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

Can this be the new mascot for Maryland?

http://i.imgur.com/KXQ95Ce.png

Bonus points if you get the reference.
          Code:
          As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
          College Hockey 6       College Football 0
          BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
          Originally posted by SanTropez
          May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
          Originally posted by bigblue_dl
          I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
          Originally posted by Kepler
          When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
          He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by LynahFan View Post
            This reminds me to post something I've been mulling for a while now, which is pondering whether there will be any Title IX implications once football and basketball players are finally and fully considered to be employees. Title IX applies to "any education program or activity." If football programs are employers and not educators, would they be exempt from Title IX? And how many women's crew slots would be cut in the first year following that ruling?

It does seem like you ought not to have it both ways: either football programs are employers which should be accountable to the appropriate employment laws, OR they are education programs which are subject to Title IX.
            Very good question. And as with most things in our society, it'll probably be resolved eventually in a court room.
            Originally posted by Priceless
            Good to see you're so reasonable.
            Originally posted by ScoobyDoo
            Very well, said.
            Originally posted by Rover
            A fair assessment Bob.

Comment

Originally posted by Spartanforlife4 View Post
              Well, midnight came and passed. There was no major scandal nor rescinding of the invitation by the Big Ten. Maryland and Rutgers are now in the Big Ten.
              Yet another respected institution in this nation goes into decline. The Big Ten will never be the same.
              Originally posted by Priceless
              Good to see you're so reasonable.
              Originally posted by ScoobyDoo
              Very well, said.
              Originally posted by Rover
              A fair assessment Bob.

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Gray View Post
                Yet another respected institution in this nation goes into decline. The Big Ten will never be the same.
                We can hope, but unfortunately, they'll probably pull through it.
                Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                  Can this be the new mascot for Maryland?

http://i.imgur.com/KXQ95Ce.png

Bonus points if you get the reference.
                  I thought you'd go with this.

http://a66c7b.medialib.glogster.com/...4559-n-jpg.jpg
                  Twitter: DanMountSports
                  2013-14 DIII T.O.P. NIT Champion

2010-2011 Interlock LPS Co-Champion

Well, I'm going to do a farewell tour of upstate New York, hellholes like Plattsburgh. Fred Armisen as Gov. Paterson

"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes." - The Doctor (Tom Baker)

Team I Like NFL: BUF NBA: NYK MLB: SEA NHL: NYR College Hockey: Clarkson (DI) Oswego (D3) Soccer: USA, Man United, Rangers (newco and all), Scotland NCAAF & B: SU

Comment

• Originally posted by Spartanforlife4 View Post
                    There's still a Big Ten team in that cesspool of a state known as Iowa. If they can occasionally succeed anyone can.

Comment

• Originally posted by joecct View Post
                      That's the spirit!! Money before competition. You've embraced the modern NCAA.
                      I have zero impact on the addition of Rutgers and Maryland, and while I didn't feel a need to have them in the conference, they are. So I can embrace the positive aspect for the school I cheer for or I can cry and whine about how it's such a travesty. I'll stick to the former.
                      AF 99

M-A-V-E-R-I-C-K-S, MAVERICKS, MAVERICKS, GOOOOO STATE!

Comment

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BrYXrEcIYAAYCV3.jpg:large

Nice work by the Gators on their calender
                        "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

Omfg. That's amazing.
                          Code:
                          As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                          College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                          BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                          Originally posted by SanTropez
                          May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                          Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                          I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                          Originally posted by Kepler
                          When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                          He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Today marked 50 days until the opening night of College Fotball 2014
                            AF 99

M-A-V-E-R-I-C-K-S, MAVERICKS, MAVERICKS, GOOOOO STATE!

Comment

Originally posted by MavHockey14 View Post
                              Today marked 50 days until the opening night of College Fotball 2014
                              What a great season opener on Wednesday the 27th!

We get treated to the powerhouse matchup of D1 transition Albilene Chrsitian vs now fully D1 Georgia State on ESPNU.
                              Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

Originally posted by Spartanforlife4 View Post
                                What a great season opener on Wednesday the 27th!

We get treated to the powerhouse matchup of D1 transition Albilene Chrsitian vs now fully D1 Georgia State on ESPNU.
                                Hey, it's an SEC matchup, at least based on how often both teams will probably play SEC teams.

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
                                iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
                                gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
                                Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
                                Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
                                TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
                                DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

Working...
                                X