BCS 2013-14: This space for rent

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: BCS 2013-14: This space for rent

Oh and BTW, Michigan is absolutely terrible. Next year is going to be one crazy year for Hoke and Co. If they lose a game or two early, things are going to be very interesting.
    AF 99

M-A-V-E-R-I-C-K-S, MAVERICKS, MAVERICKS, GOOOOO STATE!

Comment

The good news for Michigan: Recruiting season starts now! Maybe they can add another recruiting national title to the mantle.
      Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

Originally posted by MadTownSioux View Post
        Wow, Minn. sucks. They've gone 90?? years without a 10-win season? Tonight they give up a big kickoff return to ensure another meaningless bowl loss. Enough with the Jerry Kill inspiration crap!
        But from 1904 (when they apparently went 13-0) until 1960, they only played 8 times per year at the most. Another awesome misleading statistic from ESPN.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Minneso...phers_football
        St. Cloud, Minnesota: You could do worse...

It's hard to soar with the eagles when you're surrounded by turkeys.

The 2009 Poser of the Year

Comment

• Originally posted by Dude Love View Post
          But from 1904 (when they apparently went 13-0) until 1960, they only played 8 times per year at the most. Another awesome misleading statistic from ESPN.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Minneso...phers_football
          Plus they won 10 games in 2003...
          "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
          -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
          -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
          -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by MadTownSioux View Post
            Wow, Minn. sucks. They've gone 90?? years without a 10-win season? Tonight they give up a big kickoff return to ensure another meaningless bowl loss. Enough with the Jerry Kill inspiration crap!
            Originally posted by MountieBoyOz View Post
            Not willing to give Syracuse credit?
            The disrespect to Syracuse was almost certainly inadvertent. This is a case of a UND hockey fan throwing a meaningless mud ball at the U of M faithful. The hockey match-up between those two schools desperately needs to get back on the schedule. Though the chirping would still be kind of irritating, at least it would once again be relevant.

As for the football game, Syracuse most certainly does deserve credit. They limited the Gophers' ground game enough to level the playing field. Then, at crunch time, the Orange' punt returner and QB made the big plays to put them over the top. The Texas Bowl may not be the biggest stage around, but it was still a nice win for Syracuse.

Don't want to read too much into what was basically a toss-up. But maybe it could be said that Syracuse peaked at the end of the year, while Minnesota peaked with their 4 game B1G win streak.

Comment

Originally posted by pgb-ohio View Post
              The disrespect to Syracuse was almost certainly inadvertent. This is a case of a UND hockey fan throwing a meaningless mud ball at the U of M faithful. The hockey match-up between those two schools desperately needs to get back on the schedule. Though the chirping would still be kind of irritating, at least it would once again be relevant.

As for the football game, Syracuse most certainly does deserve credit. They limited the Gophers' ground game enough to level the playing field. Then, at crunch time, the Orange' punt returner and QB made the big plays to put them over the top. The Texas Bowl may not be the biggest stage around, but it was still a nice win for Syracuse.

Don't want to read too much into what was basically a toss-up. But maybe it could be said that Syracuse peaked at the end of the year, while Minnesota peaked with their 4 game B1G win streak.
              Thanks. I love Scott Shafer (who replaced Doug Marrone). He's a guy I'd run through a wall for. I think his attitude is refreshing as he doesn't coach speak you to death. He'll give honest assessments of the team and the opponent. He's also got a ton of emotion. Some may like their coaches to be robots, but I like the fire he's got. Is SU going to challenge Florida State and Clemson in the next few seasons? I don't think so. It's going to take at least 10 or so years to do that, but going to a bowl won't be a pleasant surprise for this team. It will be expected.
              Twitter: DanMountSports
              2013-14 DIII T.O.P. NIT Champion

2010-2011 Interlock LPS Co-Champion

Well, I'm going to do a farewell tour of upstate New York, hellholes like Plattsburgh. Fred Armisen as Gov. Paterson

"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes." - The Doctor (Tom Baker)

Team I Like NFL: BUF NBA: NYK MLB: SEA NHL: NYR College Hockey: Clarkson (DI) Oswego (D3) Soccer: USA, Man United, Rangers (newco and all), Scotland NCAAF & B: SU

Comment

You're welcome.

Shafer has an interesting resume, to say the least. For those that may be unaware, he's a NE Ohio guy who's had a notable string of positions in the MAC and B1G, as well as Stanford. Along with a variety of successes, he spent a tough year as Rich Rod's first defensive coordinator at Michigan. Fortunately for Shafer, he more than landed on his feet at Syracuse -- and seems well positioned to continue the progress made by Marrone.

Continued good luck to your program.

Comment

Originally posted by Spartanforlife4 View Post
                  Living equidistant between O'Hare and DTW is a really helpful thing sometimes. The deal I got was about 200 bucks cheaper than what's been the norm at O'Hare the last week, and about 500 cheaper than the norm at DTW. In fact looking at prices right now and flights out of Detroit are at 1300 cheapest.
                  It looks like traffic may be rough. Apparently MSU will have 270K fans there! http://rateyourseats.com/fantrack.ph...rose-bowl-2014

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
                  iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
                  gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
                  Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
                  Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
                  TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
                  DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

I thought the sec was supposed to be good?!?
                    a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Never mind

Comment

Nik Wallenda thought that balancing act was impressive.

Comment

• Originally posted by Priceless View Post
                          Nik Wallenda thought that balancing act was impressive.
                          There have been a couple plays that required a replay tonight

Comment

This game is fun.
                            the state of hockey is good

Comment

So, Duke outscored their basketball team by a FG in the first half tonight...
                              Jordan Kawaguchi for Hobey!!
                              Originally posted by Quizmire
                              mns, this is why i love you.

Originally posted by Markt
                              MNS - forking genius.

Originally posted by asterisk hat
                              MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

Originally posted by hockeybando
                              I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

After that game, how did sparty lose to notre dame?

Comment

Working...
                                X