Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: BCS 2013-14: This space for rent

Originally posted by Spartanforlife4 View Post
    Apparently a decent amount of our fans infiltrated your ticket sales, so there may be some good size blocks of green mixed in with the cardinal on your side of the stadium. Should be a good game, one akin to some old fashioned football with two pro-style offenses and dominate defenses, which I find fitting for the 100th Granddaddy of 'em All. Thanks again!
    Yeah apparently if you paid a $200 deposit on 2014 tickets you got bowl tickets, and there are rumors of a lot of MSU fans doing that, though the ticket office is trying to do a non-denial denial of it. I wonder how many will just buy the tickets and try to recoup them via the secondhand market versus just eating the deposit.

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
    iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
    gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
    Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
    Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
    TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
    DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

Originally posted by French Rage View Post
      Yeah apparently if you paid a $200 deposit on 2014 tickets you got bowl tickets, and there are rumors of a lot of MSU fans doing that, though the ticket office is trying to do a non-denial denial of it. I wonder how many will just buy the tickets and try to recoup them via the secondhand market versus just eating the deposit.
      Yup. It started out as a $100 deposit. After a day or two it had gotten so popular they upped it to $200 to try to deter people. Not the highest barrier for a fan base that hasn't been to the game in 26 years. That's just 50 bucks a ticket more if someone bought 4 rather than not getting them at all since MSU's system is only giving them to donors of a certain rank. There'll be a small public sale Friday and I guess MSU is in negotiations to try to get more tickets.
      Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

Yup. It started out as a $100 deposit. After a day or two it had gotten so popular they upped it to $200 to try to deter people. Not the highest barrier for a fan base that hasn't been to the game in 26 years. That's just 50 bucks a ticket more if someone bought 4 rather than not getting them at all since MSU's system is only giving them to donors of a certain rank. There'll be a small public sale Friday and I guess MSU is in negotiations to try to get more tickets.
        Yeah $50 isn't too much on a $150-$200 ticket. I think last year being Wisconsin's third in a row meant they weren't as rabid as MSU is this year. Waiting now to see where my seats are; last year was the very back row but I didn't mind, it meant I could stand the whole time.

KDR

gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."

Comment

Originally posted by Gurtholfin View Post
          I'm all about the B1G dominating... as long as Michigan, Ohio State and Minnesota all lose.
          When it comes to the bowls, I set all of that aside..to the best of my ability, anyways. At this point, the Big Ten needs to win as many bowls as it can, particularly the BCS and SEC bowls.
          AF 99

M-A-V-E-R-I-C-K-S, MAVERICKS, MAVERICKS, GOOOOO STATE!

Comment

Man, $100 deposit on season tickets for next year to get Rose Bowl tickets? I would've bought as many tickets as humanly possible if I could've. Hopefully you both can help me plan a trip to Pasadena sometime soon.
            AF 99

M-A-V-E-R-I-C-K-S, MAVERICKS, MAVERICKS, GOOOOO STATE!

Comment

went to three BC games with my dad this season. was hoping for the music city bowl as i've always heard great things about nashville. got sent to the independence bowl in shreveport instead. needless to say, neither of us have any desire to go there. that being said, he purchased 2 tickets because he supposedly now gets tickets to a game next year when USC comes to town. he also gets placed in a drawing for season tickets. he's just gonna have BC donate the bowl tickets, suppose there could be a potential tax deduction as well. i'm sure many other programs do these same kind of things to try and sell these bowl tickets (especially a game in shreveport). now, sure, BC fans have a reputation of not travelling, but that's loaded. you're not gonna get people to travel to shreveport. plus, we're not talking about a huge state school here.

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                went to three BC games with my dad this season. was hoping for the music city bowl as i've always heard great things about nashville. got sent to the independence bowl in shreveport instead. needless to say, neither of us have any desire to go there. that being said, he purchased 2 tickets because he supposedly now gets tickets to a game next year when USC comes to town. he also gets placed in a drawing for season tickets. he's just gonna have BC donate the bowl tickets, suppose there could be a potential tax deduction as well. i'm sure many other programs do these same kind of things to try and sell these bowl tickets (especially a game in shreveport). now, sure, BC fans have a reputation of not travelling, but that's loaded. you're not gonna get people to travel to shreveport. plus, we're not talking about a huge state school here.
                Yeah I was looking at where all the Pac-12 teams were traveling and thinking that Shreveport would really be a rough destination to try to go to, between what I'm assuming are not a lot of flights and likely little to do around there.

KDR

Comment

Have to be in Orlando so picked up tickets to the Russell Athletic Bowl for my son and myself. Louisville vs. Miami isn't a premiere matchup and I have no ties to either school but it should be a decent game. The tickets are in the end zone and include a buffet and OPEN BAR! We're planning on catching Sportscenter the next day to figure out who won the game.
                  "I'm not crazy about reality, but it's still the only place to get a decent meal."
                  Groucho Marx
                  "You can't fix stupid. There's not a pill you can take; there's not a class you can go to. Stupid is forever. "
                  Ron White
                  "If we stop being offensive, the Terrorists win."
                  Milo Bloom

Comment

Originally posted by French Rage View Post
                    Yeah $50 isn't too much on a $150-$200 ticket. I think last year being Wisconsin's third in a row meant they weren't as rabid as MSU is this year. Waiting now to see where my seats are; last year was the very back row but I didn't mind, it meant I could stand the whole time.
                    Latest report says 95% of Stanford's allotment went to current season ticket holders and students, with about 1600 being sold through the deposit deal.

KDR

Comment

Well the MSU ticket office is doing a great job of one-upping Stanford. They reduced everyone's orders by 2 tickets in an attempt to get more donors tickets. Only problem is people have already made plans for the number of tickets they requested...

It's also been about 35 minutes since emails were supposed to go out for confirmation emails and not a single person has received one yet.

1966, 1986, 2007

Comment

Well the MSU ticket office is doing a great job of one-upping Stanford. They reduced everyone's orders by 2 tickets in an attempt to get more donors tickets. Only problem is people have already made plans for the number of tickets they requested...

It's also been about 35 minutes since emails were supposed to go out for confirmation emails and not a single person has received one yet.
                        That's going to go over well, ha ha...
                        It's never too early to start the Pre-game festivities

Go Cats!!! GO BLACKHAWKS!

Cuck the Fubs... Let's Go WHITE SOX!!!

Wildcat Born, Wildcat Bred....

Comment

It's been 90 minutes, no emails to anyone, no message from the athletic department announcing difficulties with the system, no nothing. I'm officially declaring this a FUBAR.

The current picture in my head is the president and athletic director along with the athletic department and ticket offices on a conference call desperately begging the Rose Bowl for more tickets while attempting to formulate a good story for everything.

1966, 1986, 2007

Comment

What if you only had 1 or 2 tickets? That's pretty crazy, sounds like they over-committed what they had.

KDR

Comment

It's been 90 minutes, no emails to anyone, no message from the athletic department announcing difficulties with the system, no nothing. I'm officially declaring this a FUBAR.

The current picture in my head is the president and athletic director along with the athletic department and ticket offices on a conference call desperately begging the Rose Bowl for more tickets while attempting to formulate a good story for everything.
                              Uh, if you do go out to Pasedena (and congrats, BTW, from a hated rival), please be careful where you get your tickets. Unless you want to get on national news. Seems to happen every year- but seemingly more to the B1G fans....

It's bad enough we had to deal with your tendencies to burn couches.

Comment

Originally posted by alfablue View Post
                                Uh, if you do go out to Pasedena (and congrats, BTW, from a hated rival), please be careful where you get your tickets. Unless you want to get on national news. Seems to happen every year- but seemingly more to the B1G fans....

It's bad enough we had to deal with your tendencies to burn couches.
                                Oh, I've already got a ticket. Perks of being a student I guess. Well, I believe I have a ticket. The way this has gone down I wouldn't be surprised if they somehow managed to screw it up, so I'm about 99% confident I have a ticket.

As for the couch burning, I'm getting really sick of that "tradition." A bonfire is fine, but these always end in some destruction of property case and then idiots try to defend like it's cool and fine because it's college. So I'm really wondering if they would like it if 3,000 gathered outside their house, started a fire, ripped out trees and flipped over their car, or if it would be fine because it's "tradition." And then there's the ELPD, the worst police force in the country. They literally admitted last night they arrested 15 people at random, AT RANDOM, to disperse the crowd because "they were within 300 feet of the fire" and it was the alternative to tear gas. So after admitting that I would assume none of those people will actually be convicted after a halfway decent lawyer comes in.

Hey, and wouldn't you know it, just as I'm typing this my ticket confirmation comes in. Now to sit back and watch the backlash from all the donors.

1966, 1986, 2007

Comment

Working...
                                X