X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: BCS 2013-14: This space for rent

Originally posted by Hammer View Post
    How about this:

Duke beats Florida State by a point on a last second field goal. Say, 24-23.
    Ohio State drops one to MSU by a touchdown, 24-17
    Auburn beats Mizzou.

Alabama-Auburn national championship game.
    Don't even joke.

How about this:

FSU wins
    OSU loses
    Mizzou throttles Auburn by 25+

Who plays FSU, Alabama or Mizzou?
    Jordan Kawaguchi for Hobey!!
    Originally posted by Quizmire
    mns, this is why i love you.

Originally posted by Markt
    MNS - forking genius.

Originally posted by asterisk hat
    MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

Originally posted by hockeybando
    I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

• Originally posted by J.D. View Post
      Auburn lost at LSU and Missouri lost to South Carolina. Those are not head scratching losses. To me, "average at best" fits what Michigan did this year. An SEC equivalent would be Miss State.

The only real problem I have in all this is the notion (maybe not your opinion) that just because Ohio State went 12-0, they deserve to be in the game. That's too simplistic.
      You're using a perfect example of because the SEC teams all lose to each other, they're such a deep, great conference, but when any other conference does it, they're just a weak conference with a bunch of average teams. The SEC, this season, is much more of an average conference than one with a bunch of good teams that beat each other up; much like the PAC-12 this year.
      AF 99

M-A-V-E-R-I-C-K-S, MAVERICKS, MAVERICKS, GOOOOO STATE!

Comment

Originally posted by MavHockey14 View Post
        You're using a perfect example of because the SEC teams all lose to each other, they're such a deep, great conference, but when any other conference does it, they're just a weak conference with a bunch of average teams. The SEC, this season, is much more of an average conference than one with a bunch of good teams that beat each other up; much like the PAC-12 this year.
        I don't know how you gleaned that from the post you quoted. Based off what I've seen, LSU and South Carolina are right up there with Michigan State if not better. Probably won't get to see them play, but that's just how I feel regardless of conference affiliation.

Comment

Originally posted by jerphisch View Post
          I would rather see Alabama in the NC game than Auburn. This put Auburn above OSU is just stupid. Everyone keeps saying that voters should put the best team in, and I dont see how Auburn can be in the discussion. Lets be honest, they are pretty much a 9-3 team that has an enourmous horseshoe shoved up its ***.
          The other night May and Holtz debated this and one point that was made was OSU played 2 teams all year that were ranked and one of them then lost 6 in a row. So they have played 1 ranked team all year.

That would be one reason why some would rate Auburn higher...not saying they should but that is one reason they might.

According to Jeff Sagarin's formula, Florida State has played the nation's 66th-toughest schedule and Ohio State has played the 61st toughest. By contrast, Auburn's schedule is ranked 26th, Missouri's is 41st and Oklahoma State's is 43rd.

Not that you need computers to tell you Florida State and Ohio State have had laughably easy paths. Ohio State's best win came against a 9-3 Wisconsin team barely hanging in the top 25, its second-best win was against 8-4 Iowa and its third-best win was against either Penn State, San Diego State or a mess of a Michigan team.
          I believe in life, and I believe in love, but the world in which I live in keeps trying to prove me wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by pirate View Post
            The other night May and Holtz debated this and one point that was made was OSU played 2 teams all year that were ranked and one of them then lost 6 in a row. So they have played 1 ranked team all year.

That would be one reason why some would rate Auburn higher...not saying they should but that is one reason they might.

According to Jeff Sagarin's formula, Florida State has played the nation's 66th-toughest schedule and Ohio State has played the 61st toughest. By contrast, Auburn's schedule is ranked 26th, Missouri's is 41st and Oklahoma State's is 43rd.

Not that you need computers to tell you Florida State and Ohio State have had laughably easy paths. Ohio State's best win came against a 9-3 Wisconsin team barely hanging in the top 25, its second-best win was against 8-4 Iowa and its third-best win was against either Penn State, San Diego State or a mess of a Michigan team.
            My point was I would go Alabama over Auburn if I was going to jump someone over OSU, and quite frankly I might also put OK St ahead of them. OK St has a horendous loss, but also is a whole different team at this point. They completely dominated their best opponent where Auburn was gifted a last second win.

Comment

i still think there should be a playoff and you make the playoffs if you win your conference. maybe have a wc team or two to fill out the 8 teams.

somebody want to cry that northern illinois or ucf sucks. you know what? mizzou shouldn't leave their conference to join everyone else in the sec.

do away with super conferences real fast.
              a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Miami of Ohio hires Chuck Martin as their next football coach.

Fear the Sweatervest!!
                bueller: Why is the sunset good? Why are boobs good? Why does Positrack work? Why does Ferris lose on the road and play dead at home?

It just happens.

nmupiccdiva: I'm sorry I missed you this weekend! I thought I saw you at the football game, but I didn't want to go up to a complete stranger and ask "are you Monster?" and have it not be you!

leswp1: you need the Monster to fix you

Life is active, find Balance!massage therapy Ann Arbor

Comment

Mariota will return to Oregon for his Junior year, according to Ducks website.

Comment

Originally posted by hockeyplayer1015 View Post
                    Mariota will return to Oregon for his Junior year, according to Ducks website.
                    NFL teams picking in the top 5 weep.
                    AF 99

M-A-V-E-R-I-C-K-S, MAVERICKS, MAVERICKS, GOOOOO STATE!

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                      i still think there should be a playoff and you make the playoffs if you win your conference. maybe have a wc team or two to fill out the 8 teams.

somebody want to cry that northern illinois or ucf sucks. you know what? mizzou shouldn't leave their conference to join everyone else in the sec.

do away with super conferences real fast.
                      I don't know if it would do away with the super conferences, but I also enjoy this idea. You have some sort of BCS-like formula to determine conference strength. Whatever the top 5 conferences are get automatic spots in the Playoff for their champion. You then pick three wild-cards from some sort of committee, provided that no more than 2 teams from any conference get a shot. Any unbeaten from a non-top 5 conference would get an automatic spot as a wild-card.

How would that look this year?
                      1. Florida State (ACC) vs. 8. Northern Illinois (WC)
                      2. Ohio State (B1G) vs. 7. Baylor (WC)
                      3. Auburn (SEC) vs. 6. Stanford (Pac 12)
                      4. Alabama (WC) vs. 5. Oklahoma State (Big 12)
                      North Dakota
                      National Champions: 1959, 1963, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 2000, 2016

Comment

Originally posted by Fighting Sioux 23 View Post
                        I don't know if it would do away with the super conferences, but I also enjoy this idea. You have some sort of BCS-like formula to determine conference strength. Whatever the top 5 conferences are get automatic spots in the Playoff for their champion. You then pick three wild-cards from some sort of committee, provided that no more than 2 teams from any conference get a shot. Any unbeaten from a non-top 5 conference would get an automatic spot as a wild-card.

How would that look this year?
                        1. Florida State (ACC) vs. 8. Northern Illinois (WC)
                        2. Ohio State (B1G) vs. 7. Baylor (WC)
                        3. Auburn (SEC) vs. 6. Stanford (Pac 12)
                        4. Alabama (WC) vs. 5. Oklahoma State (Big 12)
                        I approve.
                        If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

Decision on whether or not Jameis Winston will be charged will come at 2 ET
                          Jordan Kawaguchi for Hobey!!
                          Originally posted by Quizmire
                          mns, this is why i love you.

Originally posted by Markt
                          MNS - forking genius.

Originally posted by asterisk hat
                          MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

Originally posted by hockeybando
                          I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                            Duke has been a great story but they have no shot against FSU (unless winston is charged in the next week)
                            Originally posted by Priceless View Post
                            The prosecutor might get some "campaign contributions" from Alabama on Monday.

Comment

The fact that they are gonna announce things at 2pm, I highly doubt that this is gonna go anywhere... You don't come out and say when you are going to arrest a suspect... Kinda lets the person know that they have the option to run, ha ha...
                              It's never too early to start the Pre-game festivities

Go Cats!!! GO BLACKHAWKS!

Cuck the Fubs... Let's Go WHITE SOX!!!

Wildcat Born, Wildcat Bred....

Comment

Originally posted by RaceBoarder View Post
                                The fact that they are gonna announce things at 2pm, I highly doubt that this is gonna go anywhere... You don't come out and say when you are going to arrest a suspect... Kinda lets the person know that they have the option to run, ha ha...
                                Pretty sure they don't have to worry about Jameis Winston going off the grid. In reality, if they are going to charge him, they'll probably tell Winston's lawyer a few hours before hand, so Winston can turn himself in as soon as possible and start the bond process.
                                Originally posted by dicaslover
                                Yep, you got it. I heart Maize.

Originally posted by Kristin
                                Maybe I'm missing something but you just asked me which MSU I go to and then you knew the theme of my homecoming, how do you know one and not the other?

Western College Hockey Blog

Comment

Working...
                                X